GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

Accounts from several women
Who had dates with the killer that ended up scary and violent. Their evidence wasn’t included in the trial. This guy was a ticking time bomb!!

Evidence that showed Grace Millane's killer had a tendency to switch in romantic situations kept from the jury.
Grace Millane trial: What the jury didn't hear
Does anyone know where this story is to found? I click and the link does not work and can’t otherwise find it in the Stuff NZ website

There is something wrong with the url or the article has been taken down.

Last edited:
He was marked as a possible candidate and two days later an email was sent to him to arrange a telephone interview. The man replied on November 30 - the day he connected on Tinder with Millane - and lied, claiming he was out of the country until December 3.
Getley said she had wanted to talk to him because his CV did not sit right with her.

"He was one of those people who, when you looked at his CV, he was either amazing or he's a liar. He had supposedly done so much in a short time. He would have been 19 when he claimed to be a business operations manager."
"I feel like taking his name off and using his CV as a training document … on how to spot a liar. It goes to show how important it is to really screen everything," Getley said.

Murderer was burying Grace Millane when he was supposed to be doing a job interview, more lies revealed

This guy is the worst pathological liar I've ever come across and I've met a couple in my lifetime.
It was an insult to the jury's intelligence when Brookie said he told a 'white lie' about the oil manager job, when he knew full well the extent of the lying from this murderer. Did he think they'd never find out?! smh

This is a great opinion piece, outlining many thoughts and opinions many posters had expressed right here.
But interestingly enough, imo, Grace's interest in bdsm was a red herring.

Why is it that so few believed Grace Millane's killer would be held accountable?

It seems many people didn't actually believe the man who brutally took the life of this young woman would be held accountable for it. Why is that?
Partly it must be down to the way the trial was played out in public. We're used to seeing the victims of sexual assault and domestic violence framed as effectively responsible for what happens to them - for going out at night, for drinking too much, for not leaving him - but the level of detail about Grace's sexual history that was presented in court and reported on day after day hammered that point home. Despite assertions from defence lawyer Ron Mansfield that they were not out to blame or shame Grace or her family, what followed was impossible to see as anything else.

Why is it that so few believed Grace Millane's killer would be held accountable?

Surely her phone would have had a lock code though. I don't know many people who don't. Especially young people with most of their life on there.

Also, huge shame about the articles going down. I doubt they'll ever reappear.

Is the one called like 'hangovers and boyfriends' still up? It was behind a paywall. I would love to read it. It's seemingly just about her upbringing in Ramsden Bellhouse in Essex, her outlook, her friends. A nice article I'm sure. One that paints her as the normal girl she was – not the one clouded in her crude death.

Even if her phone had a lock code he’d still be able to see notifications from the apps (if she received any). If he was familiar with the apps then he’d have been able to put two and two together.
At the very least, he might have seen the app logos on the screen.

He could have used her fingerprint to unlock her phone *shudder*
Very likely.

He was marked as a possible candidate and two days later an email was sent to him to arrange a telephone interview. The man replied on November 30 - the day he connected on Tinder with Millane - and lied, claiming he was out of the country until December 3.
Getley said she had wanted to talk to him because his CV did not sit right with her.

"He was one of those people who, when you looked at his CV, he was either amazing or he's a liar. He had supposedly done so much in a short time. He would have been 19 when he claimed to be a business operations manager."
"I feel like taking his name off and using his CV as a training document … on how to spot a liar. It goes to show how important it is to really screen everything," Getley said.

Murderer was burying Grace Millane when he was supposed to be doing a job interview, more lies revealed

This guy is the worst pathological liar I've ever come across and I've met a couple in my lifetime.
It was an insult to the jury's intelligence when Brookie said he told a 'white lie' about the oil manager job, when he knew full well the extent of the lying from this murderer. Did he think they'd never find out?! smh

A person who lies as much as this is clearly unable to not only not lie, but separate their own tales of fiction with the realms of reality. It seems everything & everyone this fella comes into contact with 'turns to ash.

He seems to have something compulsorily wrong with him. Whilst he is under remand, it might be an idea to conduct a thorough psychological evaluation on him to determine whether he'd be better catered for in a secure hospital.

I was going to say it's improbable she'd have allowed notifications for those apps. Most people are sheepish about even using Tinder in public or people seeing it pop up. Won't speculate on the finger on the phone...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back