GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's more likely they are waiting for a bed at the Denver DOC intake facility (backlog report). PF attends the custody hearings telephonically and no need for him to remain in Teller County for 12/5 hearing. (I believe that was the opinion of the reporter).

MOO

ETA: I'm quite annoyed he's still a convenient distance for visits from mommy dearest.
Any reason you expect he'll stay in CO? They moved Watts out...

Thanks for sharing your personal observation. I have a friend that trains personnel working in retail security/surveillance detail. They watch monitors all day and I was surprised to learn how strollers, baby carriers, are right up there with large bags as tools used by shoplifters.

(After that -- I'd be suspicious of empty carrier)...:eek:
Strollers are frequently used for shoplifting, both intentionally and accidentally.

I think sometimes it's just easier to say husband instead of explaining a "it's complicated" relationship status. I have a really close friend who has been with her partner maybe five or six years. They have a 2.5 year old. My friend wears an engagement ring, but they really don't have any immediate plans to get married. Or maybe they never will. It doesn't seem to bother them. But they live together and (unlike PF) are very much together. I've been with her several times when we are around more acquaintance type friends and often she will just make a reference to "my husband." Because he's more than just a boyfriend, and they have a child together. I guess she could say fiance, but there is no upcoming wedding or marriage plans. I think it just avoids having to explain or invite more interest or questioning into her personal life.

Even when I mention something about them in passing to someone who doesn't know them, I always stumble over how to refer to him. Like, "Oh, Mary's.... boyfriend? fiance? husband? was at the game on Saturday." Sometimes I would just say, "Mary's baby daddy" kind of joking because she does, but then a friend said, "You always call him that! I thought they were together?" And even though I was just kidding, I realized that sounds like they aren't still a couple. These days I will just say something like, "Mary's man's name is Joe. Let's just call him Joe." I'm Facebook friends with her mother, and I notice she often gets around it in a caption by writing, "Our granddaughter's parents."

It all sounds silly, but we do a lot socially with them and their families, so they often come up in conversation and I legit never know a quick way to describe who he is! And I noticed that she often just says husband. It's not trying to mislead or deceive, just kind of mitigates having to explain a private dynamic to acquaintances, coworkers, people more on the peripheral of your life.

I think Kelsey thought they were going to eventually get married, PF was the father of her child, and it was just a "cleaner" way to describe her partner to coworkers without inviting more attention.
I agree with all of this^^^.

I think KB wanted to protect her daughter. She didn't want her seen as a child born out of wedlock. Because that was never KB's intention. She believed PF when he told her to come to Colorado and they would build a life together.

In my opinion, the pregnancy was planned. She had just lost a previous child by miscarriage. To get pregnant again so quickly makes me believe it was purposeful.

I think KB believed they would marry and buy their own little ranch someday. What a tragic ending.

I believe it's more likely they are waiting for a bed at the Denver DOC intake facility (backlog report). PF attends the custody hearings telephonically and no need for him to remain in Teller County for 12/5 hearing. (I believe that was the opinion of the reporter).

MOO

ETA: I'm quite annoyed he's still a convenient distance for visits from mommy dearest.
bbm

That ^^^
Still hoping and praying that the custody hearing will favor the Berreths'.
It would be terrifying if baby K was placed with the Frazee's.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I cannot for the life of me understand how ANYONE, CC. MS, lawyer friends. JM not to mention KK, who seems more despicable after viewing the videos, could withhold knowledge of a potential murder and not say anything! What planet are these people from? I'm just sickened beyond belief. It seems poor KB was doomed from the start. I'm so glad DA Dan May stated that they had to make a deal with the devil. Hear that KK?

Hope people hearing this, will always refer to KK as the devil, especially to her face.
Those, that didn't report to the police, are the Devil's helpers, and they know this.
Guess, as it didn't worry them before, this isn't their problem even now.o_O
MOO.

I ran across an article about a case in the UK where a boyfriend beat his girlfriend to death, with a metal pipe, while she in the shower. He has a cross dressing fetish for which she decided to leave him so he killed her. The idiot UK judge gave him 17 years with over 200 days knocked off for time served. While that kind of stupidity does, occasionally, occur in the US, I'm so grateful it's not the norm, as it is across the pond. WTF is that matter with those people? The girl's family is very upset and, I think, is trying to appeal this ridiculous sentence. What a slap in the face to the victim and her family. Thank God for Judge Sells.

Judge's have a lot to answer.
Here, in Australia, (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/australia-karen-ristevski-47-melbourne-vic-29-june-2016-18-arrest.439673/page-17#post-15607247)
a husband murdered his wife, on plea deal to Manslaughter, and only received half, the UK case sentence.

There was a Public Petition, then an Appeal, and we're all waiting on the outcome.
Here, the DIFFERENT states, in the one Country, have extremes in the Sentencing.
Kelsey had a great Judge.

As we come upon Thanksgiving Day 2019, I would like to share the true reason for declaring Thanksgiving Day by the Father of our country, George Washington....
Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Proclamation
New York, 3 October 1789
(Bold is added by the author.)

By the President of the United States of America. a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor—and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me “to recommend to the People of the United States a day of George Washington Praying Thanksgivingpublic thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness.”

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be—That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks—for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation—for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war—for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed—for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted—for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

and also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions—to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually—to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed—to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord—To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and us—and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New-York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Edit to add.....Taken from this article...
George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation: What a Different Era

I thought the same, I don’t think we actually see the baby in any of the shots of PF where her carrier is present, I don’t think PF had the baby truly until after the three entered KB’s condo at 1:24. I think he had an empty carrier with him at Walmart as part of his alibi.
I know the black & white SW images of PF with baby carrier at Walmart are poor and grainy. They look like they have been through a copier multiple times. The Denver Channel had the original color photo and included it in Jennifer Kowaleski's TV program. My friend took this screenshot - does this help?

walmart-png.217927

Mempat, what does this mean?

Are you asking about MemPat drawing the line below cinnamon rolls? She meant the case has been closed on those rolls. They were discussed many times and it’s almost a running joke now in the threads.

I am speaking for MemPat, but she wants no more of the cinnamon roll topic. Unless we are eating them for a holiday breakfast.
Then we are all in. :p

The Walmart baby photo has been posted several times. There's one that you can actually zoom in pretty well on and you can see the baby is in the carrier plain as day. I will try to find the exact photo. I've always thought I saw her but after zooming in on this particular one, I'm 100% sure the baby is there.

I agree with all of this^^^.

I think KB wanted to protect her daughter. She didn't want her seen as a child born out of wedlock. Because that was never KB's intention. She believed PF when he told her to come to Colorado and they would build a life together.

In my opinion, the pregnancy was planned. She had just lost a previous child by miscarriage. To get pregnant again so quickly makes me believe it was purposeful.

I think KB believed they would marry and buy their own little ranch someday. What a tragic ending.
I believe for sure KB's pregnancy was planned. But it was her that planned it not him. She meets a stranger on the internet and falls madly in love. Then she moves a couple of States away from her family to be with him. That's pretty normal??? What's not normal is getting pregnant almost right away and when that fails gets pregnant again. She never came close to getting to know this guy. She had a strict religious upbringing. First you get to know him and if she thinks he's the one then get married and find a little ranch and buy it. And then the 2 of them start planning a family. She was an adult not a 16 year old girl. I have no clue how her family was alright with her doing this. It had danger signs written all over it. IMO she fell head over heals in love with her dream cowboy that she met on the internet. And her plan was to keep him and the best way she could think of was to lock him in by getting pregnant. Him and his family were abusive to her from day one. All she had to do was turn around and go back to her family. She would have been more then welcome. But she toughed it out because she was determined to tame this cowboy. I am not being disrespectful to Kelsey. What happened to her should not happen to any women. I just can't understand what her and her family were thinking or not thinking to let her get in this dangerous situation so far away from home. VERY SAD

Any reason you expect he'll stay in CO? They moved Watts out...

State prisons are full of local murderers that kill their wives/significant others.

Watts, on the other hand, had reason to fear for his safety for his cruelty shown to his baby girls, and also high profile in Colorado. Most inmates have/had young children and abusers of children are deemed the lowest of the inhabitants.

MOO

State prisons are full of local murderers that kill their wives/significant others.

Watts, on the other hand, had reason to fear for his safety for his cruelty shown to his baby girls, and also high profile in Colorado. Most inmates have/had young children and abusers of children are deemed the lowest of the inhabitants.

MOO
Oh. I didn't really know...

I believe for sure KB's pregnancy was planned. But it was her that planned it not him. She meets a stranger on the internet and falls madly in love. Then she moves a couple of States away from her family to be with him. That's pretty normal??? What's not normal is getting pregnant almost right away and when that fails gets pregnant again. She never came close to getting to know this guy. She had a strict religious upbringing. First you get to know him and if she thinks he's the one then get married and find a little ranch and buy it. And then the 2 of them start planning a family. She was an adult not a 16 year old girl. I have no clue how her family was alright with her doing this. It had danger signs written all over it. IMO she fell head over heals in love with her dream cowboy that she met on the internet. And her plan was to keep him and the best way she could think of was to lock him in by getting pregnant. Him and his family were abusive to her from day one. All she had to do was turn around and go back to her family. She would have been more then welcome. But she toughed it out because she was determined to tame this cowboy. I am not being disrespectful to Kelsey. What happened to her should not happen to any women. I just can't understand what her and her family were thinking or not thinking to let her get in this dangerous situation so far away from home. VERY SAD
The problem is that most normal, loving, giving, humane people don't even think this way. Most people have a conscience and a moral compass, and don't recognize the evil in someone until it is too late. And PF was still playing the role of Kelsey's boyfriend. He was trashing her around town to literally everyone else, but to her, he was still agreeing to come to her company holiday party. I don't think she got pregnant to lock him down. I think she really believed they were a couple and had a future. And he likely fed her all the right lines to keep her around.

This is from the book "Without Conscience" by Robert D. Hare. He writes that the term psychopath is too loosely used, that it conjures up images of crazed killers in horror movies. But Hare writes, "Their acts result not from a deranged mind, but from a cold, calculating rationality combined with a chilling inability to treat others as thinking, feeling human beings." He writes that some are shaped by their environment. Others are simply wired wrong.

"They selfishly take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret. Their bewildered victims desperately ask, 'Who are these people?"

In many of our stores, your Handbags, Backpacks etc are searched.
Certainly a baby carrier would be, in case something hidden in the blankets.
Sometimes there's a blanket over them so you're not sure, or the other parent is carrying the baby in the store. I wasn't sure he had the baby with him, but it sounds like he did...

I may be one of the few that simply thinks KB was not using birth control and PF wasn’t using condoms. I think if it happened it happened, but I don’t think she planned it to try to tame him.

I think PF had KB and her parents fooled from the beginning. He told them stories of being unloved by his family and I think she felt for him and wanted to take care of him and show him love. I think he told her and her parents grand stories of how he would take care of KB and they believed he was sincere. I doubt they sensed he was evil until it was way too late. I’m certain he played up being her perfect cowboy to her and her family.

I think after she moved to Colorado she soon saw his mean side, but he was like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde with her. So she stayed.

I’d like to think at times KB thought of leaving. I wish she would have.

bbm

That ^^^
Still hoping and praying that the custody hearing will favor the Berreths'.
It would be terrifying if baby K was placed with the Frazee's.
At this point, I doubt the F's, either of them, have a hope in Hades of getting their hands on that sweet girl. And, if Ma F supplied the $$$ for JD's gf to get him out of the clink and LE can trace those $$$ back to mummy, she'll be charged as well.

Man, that would make my day!!

Hope people hearing this, will always refer to KK as the devil, especially to her face.
Those, that didn't report to the police, are the Devil's helpers, and they know this.
Guess, as it didn't worry them before, this isn't their problem even now.o_O
MOO.
I like to think of PF as "The Great Satan." KKL is "a" demon/devil. One of many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member