Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't believe her story about being abducted by two Hispanic women, however from the logical/psychological point of view, there are many possible reasons why she made that story up.

Agatha Christie's plots are all about showing that just because a suspect is lying about something, doesn't mean they are the culprit. Only bad detectives make that mistake in solving mysteries. I think this is also the logical failure in conspiracy thinking: assuming that, if one thing is false, it must mean the whole complicated situation is a conspiracy.

One reason for making up an absurd lie is, if an abductor did release a captive, they would make the captive swear not to reveal anything about the true circumstances of the abduction, so they wouldn't get caught. They might make threats of retaliation if the released captive doesn't comply.

Or, perhaps it was a complete mental breakdown/psychotic episode, that the person themselves don't understand, can't admit to or explain. Agatha Christie herself disappeared for 11 days, sparking the greatest manhunt in UK history to that date, and she could never explain why. Modern psychologists diagnose a fugue state, a form of psychosis.
Christie's most famous mystery solved at last

Someone indeed may have harmed her and they needed a cover story until she healed. I don’t think she was abducted and I kind of don’t think she intended this to be a hoax per se. But who knows? It’s all weird and she sounds ... complicated.

Someone indeed may have harmed her and they needed a cover story until she healed. I don’t think she was abducted and I kind of don’t think she intended this to be a hoax per se. But who knows? It’s all weird and she sounds ... complicated.
I thought her husband was strange in his first interview.
Imo.

A criminalist (Pat Brown?) commented on the husband's statements and how fervently he wanted people to 'just believe them'. And not as much about what happened to Sherri and finding the two Hispanic women.

Glad I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness, I've been feeling pretty outraged that this person got away with this, ie, Sherri herself, and her husband...and I think other odd characters too

One of the 'weird' things that really just is preposterous: the footage of her jogging around that parking lot before she was 'found'.....
Gotta keep up with fitbit, no matter how wounded, traumatized and 'branded' one may be.
Eh.

This one almost drove me over the edge.
I still do not believe the hostage story.
There seemed to be too many holes in the story.
And I felt like I couldnt trust most involved.
Something WAY off

I would love to know the truth but doubt we ever will

Alljmo

And let's not forget Cam Gamble, the self-proclaimed hostage negotiator, and his "reverse ransom!"

Lol, yeah, one of the odd characters I recall...
Geez, it all just seems like it'd make a good cinematic Cohen Brothers farce

Now I think upon it - didn't SP still have her 'signature long blonde hair' (how her husband described it) - in a pony tail while she was trotting around the parking lot - ?
I thought her 'signature' hair had been 'shorn'.....(now, my visual memory could be mistaken)

LOL - maybe I'll just start laughing at SP & the gang - feels better than the outrage.....& I doubt, at this point, justice is coming, unless indeed it is some cinematic spoof making fun of the entire thing!

Or, perhaps it was a complete mental breakdown/psychotic episode, that the person themselves don't understand, can't admit to or explain.

This is where i lean most, people who have had mental breakdowns and recover often don't want others to know about it due to perceived weakness or whatever silly reason. I actually had a mental breakdown myself once, quit my job, broke up with my gf, moved away from my family and didn't talk to them for months i got help for it it was due to built up stress and depression from a lot of tragedies and near tragedies that hit me in a very short period of time when i was 19 while i was trying to start a career and maintain a budding relationship with a girl who really cared about me and it was just all too much. Once i sorted everything out and moved back to the area my friends and family are i still didn't inform them for like 3 weeks because i was incredibly embarrassed and ashamed and it took months for me to open up to them about it.

I think i've got a handle on what went wrong with me but there's also mental issues that individuals just can't wrap their heads around even if it happens to them. Like this - Ursula and Sabina Eriksson - Wikipedia

I don't think Ursula or Sabina really understands what happened there, they weren't just playing around they were genuinely trying to kill themselves (despite no prior history of it) until they were seperated and calmed down of course at the expense of an innocent persons life then they've been fine since. Our brains are incomprehensible and incredibly fragile and when we were acting irrationally we don't feel that we are in the moment which is the scariest thing.

If this was simply a scheme and not mental illness related then shame on her of course but that's where i lean at this point personally, i don't think she was abducted anyway.

I thought her husband was strange in his first interview.
Imo.

A criminalist (Pat Brown?) commented on the husband's statements and how fervently he wanted people to 'just believe them'. And not as much about what happened to Sherri and finding the two Hispanic women.

I never believed he harmed her. But he did seem a bit dramatic. I think he knew she either left voluntarily or left in a mental state of some sort but doesn’t want anyone to know that.

I never believed he harmed her. But he did seem a bit dramatic. I think he knew she either left voluntarily or left in a mental state of some sort but doesn’t want anyone to know that.
JMO
I’d rather my family say the truth if I go missing voluntarily or need mental/medical attention instead of a sensationalizing an unbelievable scenario.

Because Jussie tried to start a race war over his contract for a TV show. He embarrassed the city of Chicago, America and pissed off 99% of the population. Those same 99% don’t know this lady from the other lady who went missing. In fact I’m in the wrong thread but my points on Jussie are valid.

Ah so you tried to compare without even reading or knowing anything about this case.

I get that you hate Jussie, but why don't you feel the same about this woman (other than not even reading any part of the thread).
If she caused a city to investigate a fake "crime" and cost the city thousands, why not sue her like Chicago is trying to so.
Both are technically "innocent", both can be argued that they tried to start racial tensions.
I feel like im missing the reason why one is being dunked on over and over and over.... and the other is left alone completely.

Glad I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness, I've been feeling pretty outraged that this person got away with this, ie, Sherri herself, and her husband...and I think other odd characters too

One of the 'weird' things that really just is preposterous: the footage of her jogging around that parking lot before she was 'found'.....
Gotta keep up with fitbit, no matter how wounded, traumatized and 'branded' one may be.
Eh.

What? I recall SP was jogging when allegedly abducted but where was she jogging around before she was found?
I thought she was found secured to a post in the early morning hours.

What? I recall SP was jogging when allegedly abducted but where was she jogging around before she was found?
I thought she was found secured to a post in the early morning hours.

Theres video of here running in circles in a parking lot after she was "released"
She and her husband claimed when she was let go she had a bag over her head and etc, but yet no bag seems present in the video.
It also mentions this video was HOURS before she was "found"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5059849/Footage-shows-Sherri-Papini-morning-found.html

Theres video of here running in circles in a parking lot after she was "released"
She and her husband claimed when she was let go she had a bag over her head and etc, but yet no bag seems present in the video.
It also mentions this video was HOURS before she was "found"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5059849/Footage-shows-Sherri-Papini-morning-found.html

Like i said i don't believe she was abducted but how can you tell if there is or isn't a bag in that video? Is it just my eyes? Dunno i don't think it's clear enough to determine that.

Like i said i don't believe she was abducted but how can you tell if there is or isn't a bag in that video? Is it just my eyes? Dunno i don't think it's clear enough to determine that.
IMO there is no bag on her head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members