Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I'm not sure how much I put into the story of the girl who saw someone believed to be BG who gave her a look that frightened her because if BG came across her and her little sister first, what was it about that encounter that allowed them to survive but the next two girls he came across were murdered? If this account is true, then that leads me to believe this was not random and Libby and/or Abby were targeted.

They (supposedly) came across BG on Freedom Bridge, which is close to the start of the trail, but completely in the open (leading over the highway). I think some girlfriends were with her as well, but I can't remember. Anyway, she contacted the police, once she learned of the murders (because the guy had scared her so much) and her description matched the later released video footage, without her having seen it.

Well, the problem is, they are all alike in Delphi. There are several kids that look like the BG, but seems to be common for the area. And we can’t even tell, whether BG is right-or left-handed. This at least LE could have disclosed. My hunch is, there is some form of OCD, maybe he even had Tourrette’s as a kid, but it is just a hunch.
My question is, and what about students that were in colleges? Did they have vacations in February, or not?
If he's that young and a student then none of those weapons or tools he possibly was carrying would be his. I wonder if any parents realize their child is obsessed with those type of items. Moo

If he's that young and a student then none of those weapons or tools he possibly was carrying would be his. I wonder if any parents realize their child is obsessed with those type of items. Moo

there is one thing about students... they virtually don’t part with their cellphones. This guy was able to do without, and left no digital trace. Age-wise, unusual for a kid.

Those items and maybe different kinds of knives that may have gone missing. For instance, if a parent noticed a fillet knife was gone from the rack around the time of the murders, this observation would have huge relevance.

Is the following from you? I didn't note where I got it from and I don't know why I didn't include the question he was asked.

"SL: Sure. Yeah. Yeah. Uhhmm that was the same obvious concept or thought process we had as well because um, you know, as I've (stumbles on words and says Excuse me) shared with other outlets, that we've had our share of, even double homicides, but they were elderly folks back in the 90s and it turned out to be, um, unfortunately, grandchildren involved in their deaths, and uh, so yeah, we were able to catch those pretty quick, but uh, umm, this one's just, it's, it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen."

This might just be me, but does anyone else find the use of the word “twist” interesting? Usually when I think of a twist, I’m thinking in the context of a plot. The twist usually comes at the ending, when all of the pieces fall into place. It’s the “aha!” moment, I guess you could say.

So if I’m thinking along those lines, it almost seems as if LE knows far more than they’re letting on. I even wonder if they have a strong suspicion of who did it, and that’s where the twist comes in.

This might just be me, but does anyone else find the use of the word “twist” interesting? Usually when I think of a twist, I’m thinking in the context of a plot. The twist usually comes at the ending, when all of the pieces fall into place. It’s the “aha!” moment, I guess you could say.

So if I’m thinking along those lines, it almost seems as if LE knows far more than they’re letting on. I even wonder if they have a strong suspicion of who did it, and that’s where the twist comes in.

I firmly believe LE has a good idea who the murderer(s) is/are.

I think the twist is simply a circumstance of the case that is unlike any other case seen by him thus far in his career. It could be something revolving around the POI's, the scene, the bodies, the manner of death, or a combination of all.

What if the killers were twins? That'd be a twist. You know, not quite sure which one did the killing?

i read a post this afternoon ....somewhat had me thinking...in NO WAY am i making anyone out to be a liar....What if the girls were dropped off somewhere else???
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “dropped off somewhere else”? As in, when they were dropped off that day they weren’t dropped off at the trails?

Is the following from you? I didn't note where I got it from and I don't know why I didn't include the question he was asked.

"SL: Sure. Yeah. Yeah. Uhhmm that was the same obvious concept or thought process we had as well because um, you know, as I've (stumbles on words and says Excuse me) shared with other outlets, that we've had our share of, even double homicides, but they were elderly folks back in the 90s and it turned out to be, um, unfortunately, grandchildren involved in their deaths, and uh, so yeah, we were able to catch those pretty quick, but uh, umm, this one's just, it's, it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen."

No, not me. IIRC Margarita said in an earlier post that she thought she'd seen a second post mentioning the twist and I replied that I'd only seen one. All I posted was the underlined words above.

Yes, thanks for the link Judi. I was talking about two of the three former FBI agents in that podcast mentioned thay they thought the crime scene was a predetermined lair that BG brought the girls to, so killer's use of RL's property was planned. Wondering if any of those other searches were near RL's property or were associated with people who would of had knowledge of his property?

I believe one of the other people who had his property searched did live near RL. I've kept a copy of your query and if I find an answer as I wade through my archives I'll reply. At the time of the search warrants there were many posts suggesting that a body/bodies had been removed and taken to (?)a nearby shed and then returned to the location where they were found. IMO that never happened.

Completely agree. When you look at Google Maps using topography filter, I said very early on that the killer picked the perfect spot to kill the girls. It's far enough from the creek to not be seen (even in February with no leaves). It's far enough and down a steep slope from the cemetery to not be an easy place to hike to (and besides it doesn't go anywhere). It's also reachable from the NW end of the bridge (albeit around the side of a steep slope then straight down). But the biggest thing is there is a natural (or manmade) gravel pit like you said. Completely deadens sounds etc.

This was extremely well planned out in my opinion. Or he is the luckiest suck there has ever been for choosing a place to do his immoral and heinous deeds.

Great resource, LIDAR is another one.

Just before I go, I thought you might like to see this. A lot of care and attention went into it.

View attachment 217970 View attachment 217972

Photos of Liberty Rose Lynn “Libby” German - Find...

I've looked for Abby many times but still can't find her grave site. Perhaps no-one uploaded a photo, which is a shame because so many of us care.
This absolutely broke me tonight....I hadn’t read the back before....these girls should be ALIVE & spending Thanksgiving with their FAMILIES:mad: I’ll tell ya WTH I’d be thankful for tomorrow....AN ARREST! MOO!

Completely agree. When you look at Google Maps using topography filter, I said very early on that the killer picked the perfect spot to kill the girls. It's far enough from the creek to not be seen (even in February with no leaves). It's far enough and down a steep slope from the cemetery to not be an easy place to hike to (and besides it doesn't go anywhere). It's also reachable from the NW end of the bridge (albeit around the side of a steep slope then straight down). But the biggest thing is there is a natural (or manmade) gravel pit like you said. Completely deadens sounds etc.

This was extremely well planned out in my opinion. Or he is the luckiest suck there has ever been for choosing a place to do his immoral and heinous deeds.
It seems like kids might have identified this spot as a good place to party decades ago.

It is my FEELING, no proof, that he's obsessed with edged weapons, such as rapiers, swords, and fancy knives. And that he had a long edged blade in his pants leg, in a sheath or scabbard. MOO. And that the staging and manner of death indicate such. My worry is that he's from just far enough away that parents would be unaware of the murders and the video...

I firmly believe LE has a good idea who the murderer(s) is/are.

I think the twist is simply a circumstance of the case that is unlike any other case seen by him thus far in his career. It could be something revolving around the POI's, the scene, the bodies, the manner of death, or a combination of all.

What if the killers were twins? That'd be a twist. You know, not quite sure which one did the killing?

I think with the holidays already here that if police knew who the killer was they would have arrested him by now. If enough time passes the grim reality is going to set in that police do not know who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German and also that police cannot identify the killer through either a video or sketch description. I doubt there will be any more sketches because of the criticism already concerning the first two sketches.

As time wears on, things change, faces fade, and people start forgetting or have never heard about the case to begin with. But there is no such thing as a perfect murder, and I still think if this case is solved it will be because of Liberty German capturing this man on the bridge with her phone. Until then, you have to hope the police investigation is going in the right direction.

Just before I go, I thought you might like to see this. A lot of care and attention went into it.

View attachment 217970 View attachment 217972

Photos of Liberty Rose Lynn “Libby” German - Find...

I've looked for Abby many times but still can't find her grave site. Perhaps no-one uploaded a photo, which is a shame because so many of us care.

I don’t know if Abby was possibly cremated.

I’m thinking and praying for Abigail and Liberty’s families as they face another Thanksgiving without them.

There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people

The fact that LE has said repeatedly that OBG was “suspected of having participated in the murders” is a good reason in and of itself to think two perps may have been involved. I've thought this for a very long time and still do.

ETA: How many murders have you followed here where this sort of comment has been made over and over almost from the very beginning. The norm is that you only read/hear of one suspect until such time as LE come out and say there may be more than one suspect. It's more than a little odd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member