GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following along pretty close since the beginning and i am pretty sure most of the time they spent together before she moved to Colorado was conversing on the computer. i don't think you can get pregnant that way. I think her first pregnancy happened a short time after she moved herself into the snake pit. I don't buy that he dazzled her with BS. Lets not forget we are talking about a very smart woman here. Kelsey was not a stupid person. She had a goal. She thought she could make it work. There is zero doubt in my mind that she was head over heals in love with this man. Strangely i have heard nothing in the way of affection coming from him towards her. Only abuse. Shouldn't there have been a clue there for her there? Either a person loves you or he don't. We all know now that he is not capable of loving anybody. Kelsey should have seen this in the very beginning.

I don’t believe she was stupid at all, but people fall in love and we really don’t know all of the facts about when they got together before her move. I seriously doubt that every single thing about her relationship with him has been made public and that perhaps some people did not know the complete details.

I personally think she was too smart to move out of state for a guy she had never interacted with personally.

Just my opinion and we all have one.

"Know yourself. Psychopaths are skilled at detecting and ruthlessly exploiting your weak spots. Your best defense is to understand what these spots are and to be extremely wary of anyone who zeroes in on them."

-Dr Robert Hare, How to Spot Social Predators Before they Attack

Good site here: Traits of the Psychopath’s Victim | Psychopaths and Love

BTW, Robert Hare speaks not just as a professional but as someone who has manipulated by psychopaths. Nearly anyone (but not everyone) can be conned by them.

exactly.

4521.gif
5533.gif
5527.gif
4527.gif
4517.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!

We’re looking at this with both the benefit of hindsight, and with the knowledge of things that Kelsey didn’t know.

For every man that does what Patrick Frazee did, there are many more who don’t escalate to physical violence, let alone murder.

My sense is that had there not been a child involved, Kelsey would have run for the hills. He may have been charming and wonderful in the beginning, and those concerning warning signs came far too late.

After the baby.

We don’t know what she knew. We don’t know what she went through. And the one thing we do know, is that she wasn’t able to make a decision in regards to their future.

The story is incomplete, and always will be. That’s why it’s hard to criticize anything.

Impossible even.

They weren’t living together. They weren’t on the verge of living together.

And she never saw it coming.

Perfectly rationally stated. As usual.

I happen to think that kk was excited about getting rid of KB all along. I think she believed she was going to raise the baby with pf too. I also think they celebrated KB's death that night by the fire. jmo

I don’t believe she was stupid at all, but people fall in love and we really don’t know all of the facts about when they got together before her move. I seriously doubt that every single thing about her relationship with him has been made public and that perhaps some people did not know the complete details.

I personally think she was too smart to move out of state for a guy she had never interacted with personally.

Just my opinion and we all have one.
And keep in mind she was young ! Had her head in the books ! Probably not enough life experiences , certainly not bad ones. From what we know she surrounded herself with good people, she never saw this evil coming into her life.

Personally I am glad this Thanksgiving is not on the 22 nd.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our WS family. I hope everyone has someone to enjoy this day with. Eat the desserts and enjoy every bite. I did most my prep work yesterday, wish all of you could sit down and share a meal in Texas.
Y'all Come.

Exactly!

There may have been a time when people heard KK's name and perhaps remembered her as the Rodeo Queen and then as a professional...a nurse.

Not any more.

Now they hear her name and the first thought is convicted felon, planner of 3 (maybe 4) murder plots, cleaner of a bloody crime scene, destroyer of a young mother's body, serial cheater over her adult lifetime and an established liar.

The fact that circumstances forced her to spill the beans on Patrick will buy her no friends and admirers.

It may not be the justice we wanted but it is a measure of justice.

It is.

I think that Dan May also did what he could to add to that measure of justice when he went on national television and stated, "We did a deal with the devil. There's no ifs, ands or buts about that."

The DA labeled KK publicly in the harshest possible terms.
He stigmatized her.
He wanted to make sure no one mistakenly viewed her as another of PF's victims.
I've always maintained that nobody on the planet felt worse about the deal than Dan May.
Having watched that interview with him, I'm sure of it.
I knew it would stick in his craw, the fact that I don't even know what a craw is, notwithstanding.

I understand why DA May may said he "wasn't proud of" the deal.
I would say to him that he has nothing to be ashamed of, though.
The deal was a necessary evil, in order to rid the world of a greater evil.

KK didn't deserve the deal.
But KB deserved justice.
And PF most certainly deserves to spend the rest of his life behind prison walls.

We live in an imperfect world.
DA May delivered every measure of justice he could mete out on KB's behalf.
He also ensured that PF will never do to another woman what he did to KB.

KK still awaits her sentencing.
Lady Justice hasn't quite finished with KK yet.
She won't be walking out of that sentencing hearing a free woman.

So there's that, too.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM

Even if you hadn't made it clear you are not a woman,
it is clear you are not a woman.

It's also clear you haven't had discussions with lots of smart women who've had stars in their eyes and loved a man in spite of himself.

Women often don't hear words or see actions through the same lens men might.

It happens a lot and, though the repercussions aren't always as great as Kelsey's, they are often life-altering.

Regarding your final sentence, a wise psychologist once told me, "Don't should on yourself and don't should on others." Some of the best advice I ever got. He said to substitute, "Wouldn't it be nice if...."

Wouldn't it have been nice if Kelsey had seen Patrick Frazee for what he was in the very beginning?" Yes.

I was going to reply to Chevyman’s post, but I knew that one of you intelligent lovely ladies out there would do it far more eloquently than I.

Thank you for that post, and thank you for sharing that advice...it’s wonderful! Its also very catchy to me too, as when I read it out loud to myself, it sounds like I’m saying something else other than “should” if you catch my drift LOL!

Oh man, I just remember those early days.

“Kelsey loves her dog,” instead of what CB actually said, “Kelsey loves her God.”

@cody22 was speculating that the dog ate the cinnamon rolls, and things quickly went downhill from there.

We have a weird sense of humor on here.
LOL! I was one of those too!! I remember asking about what happened to her dog :p And you MG were the one to set me straight! Ever so nicely, of course :)

Thinking about KB and her family today. Posting one of my faves in their honor.

EPITAPH

When I die give what’s left of me away
to children and old men that wait to die.
And if you need to cry,
cry for your brother walking the street beside you.
And when you need me, put your arms around anyone
and given them what you need to give me.

I want to leave you something,
something better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people I’ve known or loved,
and if you cannot give me away,
at least let me live in your eyes and not in your mind.

You can love me best by letting hands touch hands,
and by letting go of children that need to be free.
Love doesn’t die, people do.
So, when all that’s left of me is love,
give me away.

Merritt Malloy

Special prayers being sent for the Berreth family today, and wishing a very Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow WS'ers. :)

tenor.gif
Thank you, Pommy! Happy back! Yes, on this day of gratitude, I’m thankful that there are people who care about advocating for victims of violence.
Special thoughts for the Berreths today as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member