Found Safe CA - Sandra Young, 75, & Jayden, 9, & Katalyhah Hill, 7, Fairfield, 24 Nov 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
73409157_10162485492050307_2628239833025216512_n.jpg

78245362_10162485492885307_4941082908786950144_o.jpg

76773217_10162485493375307_2173120191825707008_n.jpg

The Fairfield Police Department is currently investigating a report of three missing people. Sandra Young, a 75-year old Fairfield resident, and her two grandchildren have been reported missing by family members. Ms. Young last spoke with her sister on Sunday, November 24th. Family members have been unable to contact Ms. Young since that time and her vehicle is not at her residence. She should be in the company of her two grandchildren, Jayden Hill (9-years old) and Katalyhah Hill (7-years old). She drives a green 2004 Acura TL with California license plate 5HLM514.

Ms. Young and the children are considered to be at risk due to their age as well as Ms. Young's medical conditions. Photos of the children and Ms. Young are attached. If they are located please contact the local law enforcement agency or dial 9-1-1.

Fairfield, CA Police Department

Fairfield Police Searching For Missing Woman And Grandchildren

Relatives of 75-year-old Sandra Young last spoke with her Sunday and have not been able to locate the three, who are considered at risk due to their ages and the grandmother’s medical conditions, Fairfield police said.

Police spokeswoman Kathryn McCormick said she did not have details about Young’s medical conditions, but that she is under the care of a doctor and missed an appointment Wednesday.

Fairfield grandmother, two grandchildren reported missing

Fairfield great grandmother, 2 great grandchildren reported missing

Sandra Young, 75, was supposed to go to her sister's house in Vallejo on Monday with the kids, but they never showed up, according to the family.

Young has been raising the two grandchildren since their parents died in a car crash several years ago.

The family says Young's car was tracked driving over the Carquinez Bridge six times on Tuesday.

And the car's license plate was tracked in Alamo Wednesday afternoon.

The family says Young doesn't have a cell phone, which is making it more difficult to track them.

75-year-old grandmother, 2 grandchildren missing out of Fairfield

“The vehicle that they're associated with has popped up around the Alamo, Danville and Walnut Creek area,” said Fairfield Police Lt. Jausiah Jacobsen.

Police say family members have expressed some concern, especially considering the grandmother may suffer from dementia.

But her neighbor described her as very capable and independent, as well as the two grandchildren.

Just my opinion, due to her failing mental health I believe they are going to take the kids off of her for their care. I am sure if she heard this and has been raising them since the loss of their parents, she thinks of them as her babies. I am betting she is beside herself not knowing where to go so she can continue to raise those little ones. I don't think they are in danger, but I do get the feeling this woman is going to have a broken heart once they find them. IMHO

Great-grandmother, 2 great-grandchildren missing from Fairfield home

She was supposed to leave her house to go to her sister’s house to pick up a turkey but never showed.

Detectives said cameras spotted Young’s vehicle on Wednesday about 30 minutes away from her home.

On the three areas her car has been tracked: Police said it is not clear who is driving Young’s car, and her nephew said they do not have family there.

Just my opinion, due to her failing mental health I believe they are going to take the kids off of her for their care. I am sure if she heard this and has been raising them since the loss of their parents, she thinks of them as her babies. I am betting she is beside herself not knowing where to go so she can continue to raise those little ones. I don't think they are in danger, but I do get the feeling this woman is going to have a broken heart once they find them. IMHO

This would make a lot of sense. At some point they would need to stop for gas if not food and bathrooms. Those kids are old enough to alert someone that they need help but young enough not to fully understand her health issues so if she says they need to hide so no one takes them away they may keep quiet,

Ugh, I am feeling very sad for her. I hope they are all found safe. The older kids should be able to ask for help, unless grandma has told them if they do, they will be taken away.

I am so glad they have been found safe. I've been quite worried about them. This is most likely a sad situation and I agree with other posters, that although it's great that they have been found safe, I fear there will be some serious family upheaval while things get sorted out.

I truly hope that there are other family members that are in a position to care for the children. It would be horrible for all concerned if the children had to go into foster care. I shudder at the thought.

Just extremely happy that everyone is safe.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back