ID ID - Richard Barnett, 2, Grangeville, 31 Aug 1982

Does anyone know more precisely where Hillcrest Farm was located?
I've gathered from various articles that it was 7 miles north of Grangeville near Nez Perce but no cross streets are given. I've had no luck googling and examining maps.

I may have found the location of Hillcrest Farm. I found a reference to a Jessup family running Hillcrest Farm (2 mi west of Grangeville and accessed down a half mile road off the highway).
There is a farm near Jessup Road with a 1/2 mile access road off Old Highway 7.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...6.1536957,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hillcrest_Farm_Idaho.jpg
    Hillcrest_Farm_Idaho.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 48
I understand that the grandparents ran a pig farm. There have been suggestions that he may possibly have been devoured. Additionally this is a remote area and at the time there were many coyotes in the area. It's been suggested that this could have been a possibility as well. Heartbreaking at any rate.

I've been researching Ricky's case for months. I somehow found a post on Facebook about a young man in search of his true identity. "Warren Dean Beth" was the name he posted under. When I saw the photos he'd posted of him (WDB) as a child, I immediately thought of little Ricky. Then I assisted another woman (Spanish-speaking only) in communicating between "Warren", the other woman I met, and the various "searching for birth parents" Facebook pages. After hearing the details, what little he did know, about "Warren's" life, the more I thought of Ricky.

I think the three things that stood out to me the most were 1. the connection of both boys to Mexico 2. the braces once placed on the legs of both boys and 3. the red & blue coveralls (as seen in a photo WDB had and what Ricky was thought to last be wearing) ...
Coveralls.png Braces.png Passport image.jpg

I have more info on WDB that I've collected in the last year if anyone is interested...

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility? The two of them being the same person?

I've been researching Ricky's case for months. I somehow found a post on Facebook about a young man in search of his true identity. "Warren Dean Beth" was the name he posted under. When I saw the photos he'd posted of him (WDB) as a child, I immediately thought of little Ricky. Then I assisted another woman (Spanish-speaking only) in communicating between "Warren", the other woman I met, and the various "searching for birth parents" Facebook pages. After hearing the details, what little he did know, about "Warren's" life, the more I thought of Ricky.

I think the three things that stood out to me the most were 1. the connection of both boys to Mexico 2. the braces once placed on the legs of both boys and 3. the red & blue coveralls (as seen in a photo WDB had and what Ricky was thought to last be wearing) ...
View attachment 218019 View attachment 218020 View attachment 218021

I have more info on WDB that I've collected in the last year if anyone is interested...

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility? The two of them being the same person?
I don’t know what to think of this. If you are positive that it could potentially be Richard then I would contact NCMEC, they can possibly help find out if it might be him or not

I could have sworn I provided this link to the FB Page “Warren” created.... Who Am I

I’m noticing a lot of what I initially saw has been deleted or removed from FB. The other woman I was in contact with and I discussed the possibility he was making the story up, but we both agreed that it was more likely he wasn’t. He was providing very detailed things about what his “foster parents” had told him. Although the information he’s been given seemed to be mostly lies.

-He was bought from an American woman with the intention of being re-sold to another Mexican family. The family backed out after realizing he had a “deformity” - being his ‘club feet’ that required leg braces
-His birth mother may have died in a car accident in Denver, Colorado?
-He was born in 1989/90/91
-His “foster parents” (especially father) were/are very influential people in Mexico and did not hide the fact they did not want him asking questions or digging around
-He remembers a older American couple who lived in a big house (I think he described a stair case), a man who was in a wheelchair
-The American couple paid to have his leg braces removed (he remembers them being fairly wealthy)
-He has photos of the American couple AND his Mexican “foster parents”, including at least one other boy, their biological son (I tried a few times back then to locate photos of Ricky’s family to compare to the ones WDB has but no luck)
-He claims to have had his DNA tested through one of the websites (I don’t recall now if it was Ancestry or some other place) and received results indicating he had a distant cousin still living in Oregon? But he never could get in contact with any of the men he found with that name in Oregon...

I’m not sure what to think about it all either. The Mexican family who raised him has done everything possible to dissuade him from seeking the truth. So much so that he expressed concern for what they might do if they found out he had turned to Facebook for assistance. Which is, I assume, why a lot of what he’d posted has since been removed. Luckily I saved a lot of that information.

I was hoping someone else here remembered seeing this man’s posts. Even if it’s not little Ricky, it’s a very unsettling tale... (JMOO)

Last edited:
  • richard_ray_barnett_1.jpg
  • barnett_richard2.jpg
  • richard_ray_barnett_3.jpg
  • richard_ray_barnett_4.jpg
  • richard_ray_barnett_5.jpg
Richard, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 31 (circa 2010)

• Missing Since

NCMC600215e1.jpg

Richard's photo is shown age-progressed to 40 years. He was last seen at a dairy farm in Grangeville, Idaho. He has a scar below his left eye.
Source:
Have you seen this child? Richard Barnett

Richard was last seen sitting in a hay wagon in front of one of the chicken barns while dozens of workers were unloading a delivery of chickens. He has never been heard from again. His family started searching for him only fifteen minutes later, but no one found any clues as to his whereabouts, and called the police at 10:30 a.m.
Bloodhounds tracked his scent to a fence line on the northwest part of the farm, then lost the trail. An extensive four-day search of the farm, involving 250 volunteers, turned up no sign of the child.
Richard's grandparents, Waldo and Martha McChoard, were suspects in his disappearance for almost two decades afterward. Martha reportedly acted oddly and although she took a polygraph exam, the results were inconclusive. She and her husband disliked Richard's mother and had wanted someone else to raise him, and it was theorized the child's grandparents secretly placed him in an underground adoption ring.
Martha took another polygraph in May 2001, passed, and was cleared of an involvement in her grandson's case. Waldo also agreed to take a polygraph, but he died before the exam could take place. Another theory is that one of the temporary workers at the farm was involved in Richard's disappearance, but police could find no evidence to implicate any of them.
Richard's parents live in Oregon and his mother has been active in the search for him. His disappearance remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Idaho County Sheriff's Department 208-983-1100

Source:
Richard Ray Barnett – The Charley Project

little boy... I have the impression that he fell into some kind of well... I don't believe in a kidnapping, although maybe the grandparents had something to do with it... nothing can be ruled out in this case...
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back