GUILTY FL - Pamela Daughtry, 42, murdered, 14yo son charged, Jacksonville, 18 Aug 2015

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/samh/mentalhealth/docs/Baker Act Overview 2013.pdf
<snipped>

"The Baker Act is Chapter 394, Part I, Florida Statutes, also known
as the Florida Mental Health Act.
&#61623; The Baker Act provides legal procedures for mental health
examination and treatment, including:
o Voluntary admission
o Involuntary examination
o Involuntary inpatient placement (IIP)
o Involuntary outpatient placement (IOP)"

He is such a beautiful young man. I am partial to red haired blue eyed boys as there are many in my family. Perhaps he saw what happened to his mom and ran. Poor darling boy.

He is such a beautiful young man. I am partial to red haired blue eyed boys as there are many in my family. Perhaps he saw what happened to his mom and ran. Poor darling boy.

You don't think he killed his mother?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29946319/murdered-bonita-doctors-husband-no-comment

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
The 14-year-old who fled to Miami in his family's SUV after his mother was stabbed to death has been charged in her killing, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday.

Mitchell Daughtry was taken into custody in Miami on Aug. 18 and was held for psychiatric evaluation because he had attempted suicide by taking pills, JSO Lt. Steve Gallaher said. After he was released from a South Florida hospital, Mitchell was arrested and charged with murder and auto theft.

The teen was transported back to Jacksonville on Wednesday. Gallaher said the State Attorney's Office will likely seek to charge Mitchell as an adult.

Investigators found Pamela Daughtry, 52, tried to text her daughter, Kristen Daughtry, about 1:30 p.m. to ask her to come to the house in the 11500 block of Monument Ridge Drive because Mitchell Daughtry was angry, Gallaher said...
the family’s safe, where kitchen knives were stored because Mitchell Daughtry had been suicidal in the past, had been broken into and their Volvo sport-utility vehicle was missing...

After a missing-child alert was issued, Mitchell Daughtry started to contact friends and family to let them know he was traveling toward Miami. That was around 7 p.m., Gallaher said, and some of the text messages indicated he had killed his mother earlier in the day...

the investigation revealed Mitchell Daughtry may have been angry because his father was facing criminal charges.

Barry Douglas Daughtry had a pre-trial hearing on his charges of lewd and lascivious molestation of someone younger than 12 the day after his wife’s body was found, according to jail records.

Gallaher said Mitchell Daughtry is not a victim in those crimes.
http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crim...#article=6798A0DFC9AA1CD9BD1C04E4A9A863FE85B8

N0Y4Njk1MDU3REU5NzZGODVFMzJBMjU0MzY1MzA5QjY=.jpeg

Barry Douglas Daughtry had a pre-trial hearing on his charges of lewd and lascivious molestation of someone younger than 12 the day after his wife&#8217;s body was found, according to jail records.

Gallaher said Mitchell Daughtry is not a victim in those crimes.

Are they sure about the last part?? That might explain where all of this anger and hostility have come from?

It crossed my mind too... If his father had molested him that could explain where his anger comes from, especially if he perhaps thought his mother could have done more to stop it.

Wow...First time I heard about that case...I'm with you, sallye818 and Rayemonde. Would be my guess too.

wow....I think he looks hideous!

January 2019:

Mitchell Daughtry, who police said at age 14 stabbed to death his 52-year-old mother, pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree murder, according to documents obtained Thursday by News4Jax.

In addition to the murder charge, Daughtry, now 18, pleaded guilty to car theft and tampering with evidence.

Teen pleads guilty in stabbing death of Jacksonville mother

February 2019:

In court Friday, Daughtry, now 18, was sentenced to remain in a juvenile facility in Lecanto, Florida, until 2021 when he turns 21.

Circuit Judge Steven Whittington also decided that Mitchell Daughtry undergo a mental health evaluation within six months of his 21st birthday -- Sept. 18, 2021 -- before returning to a Duval County courtroom to be sentenced on the murder charge.

Teen to be held until he's 21 before learning sentence for killing mother

Last edited:
August 2015:

More details have surfaced on why her husband was arrested on Feb. 19 on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation of children under 12 - children who are apparently not related to him or his family....

Barry Daughtry lived on South Derringer Circle, only a half-mile away from the home of his wife, 14-year-old son and older daughters. But on Feb. 19, he turned himself in to police on an arrest warrant issued a week earlier, according to jail records.

According to the warrant affidavit, a 10-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy reported on Dec. 12 that their private parts had been touched by their grandmother's boyfriend. When the children were interviewed by the Child Protection Team, they said the incidents occurred between August and November of 2014. The little girl said that she was touched "down there," while the boy said his private parts were touched as he and the man sat on a couch, according to the affidavit.

Police identify woman found dead Tuesday as details emerge on her husband's February arrest

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back