MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it, she wouldn't have been wearing boots at 2:45 AM. Its a rustic cabin, so she could possibly have been wearing sneakers or comfortable footwear. I think she bay have grabbed the boots with the idea of running in to a marshy area, but for one reason or another didn't use them. Possibly she was caught, or she just felt she didn't have time to change them.

1:40a.m was the alleged cougar sighting while taking the dog out. So she might have still had the boots on from the walk. Also, here in Michigan, it's pretty cold even in Fall. Boots would be what most are wearing. Especially if she's a hunter and likes to be out. I don't see her bothering with sneakers. Also, if someone's shooting at you and you're panicked and shooting back, you aren't going to run and get a change of shoes IMO.

The gun was the same she used in the cabin to shoot out, the phone was the same phone she used to call the friend and I'm going to believe for now that the shoes were the same shoes she had on.

I've read through all the pages and some of the articles and comments that have been posted online. This is a really perplexing case.

I can understand the gone girl theory due to some of the circumstances mainly lack of evidence of a shootout, no forced entry, etc. I'm not too concerned by the fact that she didn't call 911. First responder friends have told me that in high stress situations people can and have forgotten how to call 911. Another reason could be the delays when 911 calls have to be transferred to the correct district and this can be time consuming. Or if she was feeling slightly paranoid she may have wanted to have someone on the line with her just in case. Especially after her attack I'd think she was probably panicking and called people she thought she could trust to help her. I'm not concerned that she may have forgotten or not known the address especially if she's panicked. Friend may have misheard it vs wrong address given. A few things make me question the gone girl situation. She sounds like a very intelligent person and if this is staged, it looks staged given the lack of evidence. She had adopted a dog shortly before this happened. She sounds like a very caring person. Why would she go to the trouble of adopting a dog to abandon it soon after. She left her gun behind. It sounds as if she constantly carried and is very important to have in the backwoods. Then there is the bf whose behavior in my mind is very telling. IMO whether or not he had something to do with it, he has knowledge that he is unwilling to share. IMO I believe that she was targeted because of her relationship to him. Whether he is behind it or someone is using her to get to him is the theory that I'm really wondering about.

I've read through all the pages and some of the articles and comments that have been posted online. This is a really perplexing case.

I can understand the gone girl theory due to some of the circumstances mainly lack of evidence of a shootout, no forced entry, etc. I'm not too concerned by the fact that she didn't call 911. First responder friends have told me that in high stress situations people can and have forgotten how to call 911. Another reason could be the delays when 911 calls have to be transferred to the correct district and this can be time consuming. Or if she was feeling slightly paranoid she may have wanted to have someone on the line with her just in case. Especially after her attack I'd think she was probably panicking and called people she thought she could trust to help her. I'm not concerned that she may have forgotten or not known the address especially if she's panicked. Friend may have misheard it vs wrong address given. A few things make me question the gone girl situation. She sounds like a very intelligent person and if this is staged, it looks staged given the lack of evidence. She had adopted a dog shortly before this happened. She sounds like a very caring person. Why would she go to the trouble of adopting a dog to abandon it soon after. She left her gun behind. It sounds as if she constantly carried and is very important to have in the backwoods. Then there is the bf whose behavior in my mind is very telling. IMO whether or not he had something to do with it, he has knowledge that he is unwilling to share. IMO I believe that she was targeted because of her relationship to him. Whether he is behind it or someone is using her to get to him is the theory that I'm really wondering about.

" Why would she go to the trouble of adopting a dog to abandon it soon after. "

easy one. temporary protection. dog was alone how long? my question did they try to feed the dog to see when it last ate or let it out on leash to see where it went? Suddenly wanting a dog at age 47? Why now? Scared of who?

Last edited:

Yes, last week my dog was barking at something outside. She only barks at human noises not animal noises so I grew concerned and called a family member who I knew was nearby, not the police. I feel we’re all putting to much on the lack of a 911 call when it actually isn’t AS strange as it appears. I think combined with the evidence on the roof and the bullet holes it just becomes perplexing.

She did try to cal two other people before she reached the friend and LE is purposely not revealing who those people are. Interesting!

She did try to cal two other people before she reached the friend and LE is purposely not revealing who those people are. Interesting!
What are the chances that Lundy was one of those two people? She already texted him earlier about seeing a cougar. He might not have been up at that hour. Keeping his distance instead of actively helping after she went missing is suspicious though. I wonder what her son thinks about it? There must be something else about their activities that we're not told about.

Gone girl....all lines up.
Every time when someone disappears and there's no evidence found of foul play, this is a possible scenario. Which is different from it being probable. If she wanted to disappear, she would have gone about it in a less convoluted way, IMO. She would also have needed resources and help of at least one other person (to take her out of there).

Every time when someone disappears and there's no evidence found of foul play, this is a possible scenario. Which is different from it being probable. If she wanted to disappear, she would have gone about it in a less convoluted way, IMO. She would also have needed resources and help of at least one other person (to take her out of there).
Depends why she left...define less convoluted....no resources? ...fund who?.... no help?.... please..........

Depends why she left...define less convoluted....no resources? ...fund who?.... no help?.... please..........
If she wanted to disappear, she wouldn't need to go through the bizarre sequence of events, leaving every single thing behind. Where did she get the funds to start over? Who picked her up? How did they communicate? Unless she's in a witness protection program, it all seems very unlikely to me.

IMO if they don’t find her on their upcoming searches with the dogs, then that certainly heightens the probability of Gone Girl.

If she wanted to disappear, she wouldn't need to go through the bizarre sequence of events, leaving every single thing behind. Where did she get the funds to start over? Who picked her up? How did they communicate? Unless she's in a witness protection program, it all seems very unlikely to me.
IMO she would if she wants people to give up on the idea she’s alive.

This upcoming dog search will tell everyone a lot, i believe.

Even if found alive, what crime would this be? No police report filed as far as I read claiming missing person by family and loved ones , just a call of "I heard on a phone call-this" which is prob true and no crime even if staged?

Even if found alive, what crime would this be? No police report filed as far as I read claiming missing person by family and loved ones , just a call of "I heard on a phone call-this" which is prob true and no crime even if staged?
Hmmm I don’t really know. People are allowed to go missing. I don’t know the technicalities of the laws on that, would be interesting to know.

IMO if they don’t find her on their upcoming searches with the dogs, then that certainly heightens the probability of Gone Girl.
The dogs could still miss her or she could be beyond the search area. The terrain offers many possibilities. Some people have been found by coincidence years later.

IMO it's really poorly staged for a gone girl.
While a breakdown due to stress and the head injury seems like a possibility, her BFs behavior, the reward being upped to $100k, and not a lot of details regarding the incident in which she was injured over the summer being released really makes me think this could be foul play. If the BF isn't behind her disappearance, is a rival he's connected to behind the attack and her disappearance.
I really hope that her family hires a PI.

Edited to correct spelling.

" Why would she go to the trouble of adopting a dog to abandon it soon after. "

easy one. temporary protection. dog was alone how long? my question did they try to feed the dog to see when it last ate or let it out on leash to see where it went? Suddenly wanting a dog at age 47? Why now? Scared of who?

I've known Adrienne for about 20 years. She loved animals and she didn't suddenly adopt a dog at 47. She had a German Shepard that she loved dearly for years.

I've known Adrienne for about 20 years. She loved animals and she didn't suddenly adopt a dog at 47. She had a German Shepard that she loved dearly for years.
I am highly doubting this “gone girl” scenario that seems to be continually thrown around... that would be so inconsiderate, cruel to her entire family and following that theory doesn’t leave room to search for her in the woods or to track down the assailants of the violence perpetrated against her in July.
Somethings fishy and I do not believe she would have willingly shot holes in her cabin, leave her new dog and her prized handgun as well as a phone behind just to “start over”... not buying it in the least

Thanks for sharing. Good to know she was an animal lover. Is there a certain theory of what happened that her friends or family are leaning towards? So sorry this is happening. I’m sure she is greatly missed. She seemed like a great person and mom.

Exactly. She was alone—all she had to do is leave to disappear. If she wanted it to look like foul play all she had to do is throw some furniture around in the cabin & leave the door wide open or something.

Having someone call 911 makes no sense when she could have had a bigger head start if she had just let her friends & family get worried about her and find her gone. That would have taken another day at least instead of a few minutes. Shooting up the cabin would have been unnecessary. I also think she would have taken the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member