CA - Mom Drowns Twin Baby Boys in Motel After Leaving Women's Shelter, Tulare, Dec 2018 *insanity*

I wish there were a way we could communicate with some of these women before they murder their children, tell them there are people who care, who will help them. I would do whatever humanly possible to keep a mother from killing her children and I know most people on here would too.
I normally keep a distance from these cases.
But agree whole-heartedly, @Trident !!!
Rest and fly with the angels, Maddox and Mason !
What little cutie pies. :(

I know, I've thought the same thing. But what mother is going to say "I want to kill my child" before they actually do it?

I've thought the same thing about these fathers who kill their entire family. Like if they would just say "I'm feeling like my only way out is to kill us all" then I'm sure the mom would happily let them leave with no strings attached!

However, I KNOW that is not reasonable or logical. I understand that. I just always look back.... Shannan certainly would have preferred Chris to leave her for his mistress and to be a single mother! I wish there was a way...

But it's not just up to the mom. The kids themselves can pursue child support from the dad (and often do, when they are older). Social workers, if ever involved, are supposed to report deadbeat dads. Now that we have a nationwide system of tracking down deadbeat parents, the only choice disappearing parents have is to work under the table. And many of them do.

It also goes much deeper than purely rational/economic reasons. Some family annihilators even believe that the family will be united together in a better place (or that the kids will now be in a perfected state in another dimension, when it's just the kids who are killed).

@YESorNO - I noticed that you could find articles on this case - when you have time could you look & see if there is any court dates for this? or at the court site?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Thank you for checking this out @Luckyzmom . I couldn't find anything either - just coming up with old articles in 2018.

Very welcome that's just weird ... Tulare Co lists a site for DA but couldn't get any more information on it. I'm guessing arraignment was 12/18 but dunno where to look. Anyone familiar with Tulare Co CA ? Please and TIA

Jose Murguia vs Langdon (1:19-cv-00942), California Eastern District Court

I literally have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to all the court information that you guys track down. However, I too thought it odd that nothing could be found. I wondered if perhaps any later written articles may have stricken lil Mason & Maddox names so I searched for “Heather Langdon 2019”. The first thing I found was what appears to be a civil suit from bio dad against Langdon - I’m guessing wrongful death, lots of PDFs and was even updated hours ago. I did note that when notices were mailed to Langdon it said they were coming back as “undeliverable” and at least once - went to further that Prison provided and updated address for her. Not what everyone’s looking for, but was a bit interesting. I wonder how involved bd was, and their older children? Still, a very, very sad case indeed.

Very welcome that's just weird ... Tulare Co lists a site for DA but couldn't get any more information on it. I'm guessing arraignment was 12/18 but dunno where to look. Anyone familiar with Tulare Co CA ? Please and TIA

Well - in my notes I have @jenn83 , @AzPistonsGirl & @YESorNO as maybe having access.
Hopefully one of them will see this "tag" & post for us! :)
I have no access to Tulare County.... o_O

@Mistyjks nice find. That status update may give us a clue, extraordinarily heavy case load. Am sure the criminal side is worse than civil. Interesting to see what is going on in the background. Thanks for sharing this. @Niner Thanks for all you do :)

Well - in my notes I have @jenn83 , @AzPistonsGirl & @YESorNO as maybe having access.
Hopefully one of them will see this "tag" & post for us! :)
I have no access to Tulare County.... o_O
Does this help? It's all I can find.

Jacket
Name
LANGDON, HEATHER MARIE
Date of Birth
10/02/1981
Race - Gender
W - F
Facility
ADULT PRE-TRIAL FACILITY
Booking
12/06/2018
Arresting Agency
TULARE PD
Bond Amount
$0.00
Court Release Date

CourtDate - CourtTime
06/16/2020
Charges
SC-PV17
PC187(A)-MURDER
273AB(A)-
PC243(E)(1)-BATTERY SPOUSE, FIANCE, ETC.
PC273(D)-CORPORAL INJURY TO A CHILD
PC273(A)(B)-
VC23152(B)-DRIVING WHILE HAVING A 0.08% OR HIGHER BLOOD ALCOH
VC23152(B)-DRIVING WHILE HAVING A 0.08% OR HIGHER BLOOD ALCOH
PC273(A)(B)-
Felony:
Y

N
Y

N
N

Inmate Search - Tulare County Sheriff

Tuesday, June 16th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ PT) – CA- Mason & Maddox Murguia (10 mos.) (found Dec. 6, 2018, at Virginia Motor Lodge Motel in Tulare) - *Heather Marie Langdon (37/now 38) arrested & charged (12/6/18) & arraigned (12/10/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of assault on a child causing death & the special circumstances that multiple murders were committed. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Drowned her twins in motel bathtub. Their 1st birthdays would have been on 1/12/19. Faces life without the possibility of parole or DP.
12/10/18 Update: Arraignment: Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Next pre-preliminary hearing on 12/12. 12/12/18: Next Readiness Conference hearing on 6/6 & Preliminary hearing on 6/14/19.
4/12/20 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 6/16/20.

I don't have information on today's hearing but I did find a site where I could read the doc for the wrongful death lawsuit brought by the father. In part:

20. On December 3, 2018, Langdon called her Church and falsely alleged that her son Jayden had threatened to shoot up a school. TCSD investigated this false report. On December 4, 2018, Jose called 911 and asked for someone to get professional mental help for Langdon because she was acting crazy. TCSD responded. Although the TCSD promised to get professional help for Langdon, it broke this promise.

21. By December 5, 2018, TCSD had overwhelming evidence that Langdon was in a mental crisis and Langdon had agreed to go to the hospital. State law and County policy required TCSD to take Langdon in for evaluation at a mental health clinic, either voluntarily as she requested or involuntarily under Welfare and Institutions Code (“WIC”) 5150.

22. TCSD policy also required the deputies to give custody of the babies to Jose, who begged the TCSD deputies to let him have his children. The TCSD deputies knew or should have known that Langdon had prior convictions for willful child cruelty and should not have let her keep custody of the children in her current mental state. Instead the TCSD deputies told Jose to stay away from his children and prevented Jose from helping Langdon or protecting the twins.
28. Less than 40 minutes later, Lighthouse called TPD again to remove Langdon and the babies because of Langdon’s continuing bizarre behavior. TPD Sgt. Garcia also responded on this second call and called the Child Welfare Services (CWS) Hotline. According to CWS, TPD Sgt. Garcia falsely said Langdon had been taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation and denied. In fact, Langdon had asked TPD to take her to the hospital.
#1 in Jose Murguia v. Langdon (E.D. Cal., 1:19-cv-00942) – CourtListener.com
Link to the PDF:
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.caed.357907/gov.uscourts.caed.357907.1.0.pdf

Much more at the link. It's pretty clear Langdon was having a mental break of some sort and she did reach out for help. IMO this may very well be a case of postpartum depression/psychosis as y'all are suggesting.

ETA: Also see https://www.tulare.ca.gov/home/showdocument?id=12798 pp. 7, 82 and 83. Notes from a June 2019 City Council meeting.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back