IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all this time, if Jodi was dumped somewhere, you would think someone would have accidently run across her remains. Fields, streams or woods, for whatever reason, someone should have found something. Unless she was dumped in a lake or river. And, we know who had a boat back them.

After all this time, if Jodi was dumped somewhere, you would think someone would have accidently run across her remains. Fields, streams or woods, for whatever reason, someone should have found something. Unless she was dumped in a lake or river. And, we know who had a boat back them.
Best place to permanently hide a body is in the ground...

I heard that in most cases the body would resurface after a few months (provided it didn't get caught on something underwater)? Also have the police searched the nearby bodies of water?

I heard that in most cases the body would resurface after a few months (provided it didn't get caught on something underwater)? Also have the police searched the nearby bodies of water?
Yeah, Laci Peterson's 'husband' found out the hard way that water - even the ocean - is not the best place for a freak to dump his loving spouse... and unborn son

By request I made a timeline of her case with information (Jodi Huisentruit - timeline) supplied by the person I am collaborating with.
The first iteration looked like this:
vcv009pf8x041.png

Though they were pleased with it I decided to try to make it more readable, so today I came up with this:
qcdg7y0ozh141.png

I'm sure there is a lot missing from it and many more improvements I could make, so I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice!

One of the news videos shows them searching in the water near her apartment. It's hard to find anything in a river or lake. Let's hope she's on land. Even then, where do you go look? They can't dig up the whole state of Iowa. That's why I sometimes ask people where would you search at? What equipment would you use? I know metal detecting clubs are always looking for new places to search. Let's point out some of these areas to those clubs and, who knows, maybe they will find Jodi or something else that could help to solve a crime. I'm sure there are some areas to search in that are more probable than other areas. For example that area not too far from Britt. That area is a likely comfort zone for one of the suspects. What search areas would anyone else suggest?

One of the news videos shows them searching in the water near her apartment. It's hard to find anything in a river or lake. Let's hope she's on land. Even then, where do you go look? They can't dig up the whole state of Iowa. That's why I sometimes ask people where would you search at? What equipment would you use? I know metal detecting clubs are always looking for new places to search. Let's point out some of these areas to those clubs and, who knows, maybe they will find Jodi or something else that could help to solve a crime. I'm sure there are some areas to search in that are more probable than other areas. For example that area not too far from Britt. That area is a likely comfort zone for one of the suspects. What search areas would anyone else suggest?
Your question intrigued me so I decided to read up on the research statistics and found some interesting documents:
http://www.mun.ca/psychology/brl/publications/Snook11.pdf
http://www.gis.smumn.edu/GradProjects/NeldnerR.pdf

I came to the conclusion that ~20 miles was a good boundary (assuming the murderer also lived in Mason City) and compared that with a map of the area. Clear Lake (خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏) caught my eye instantly. Has it been checked? There are definitely some other locations with potential (forests, other bodies of water), but this is by far the largest, and also quite remote.

Side note: Interestingly I put in her birthplace first mistaking it for where she lived and noticed it was quite a distance away (~250 miles). I wonder why and when she moved, since the murderer may have been an acquaintance made before she moved.

It’s so sad. How many years is it going to take?
One thing that may help solve this case is get the area chu
Your question intrigued me so I decided to read up on the research statistics and found some interesting documents:
http://www.mun.ca/psychology/brl/publications/Snook11.pdf
http://www.gis.smumn.edu/GradProjects/NeldnerR.pdf

I came to the conclusion that ~20 miles was a good boundary (assuming the murderer also lived in Mason City) and compared that with a map of the area. Clear Lake (خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏) caught my eye instantly. Has it been checked? There are definitely some other locations with potential (forests, other bodies of water), but this is by far the largest, and also quite remote.

Side note: Interestingly I put in her birthplace first mistaking it for where she lived and noticed it was quite a distance away (~250 miles). I wonder why and when she moved, since the murderer may have been an acquaintance made before she moved.
Your conclusion of distance is similar to my conclusion. I had previously stated that she would probably be found 12 miles or less from Mason City. Knowing which direction that car left the parking lot that morning may be helpful.

I agree. With the right team I think this case could be solved.
On November 1, 1999 female skeletal remains were found in Kansas City, Kansas. The examination determined the lady would have been 26 to 40 years old. No positive Identification was ever made. I don't know how they do the comparisons but I am wondering could this be Jodi Huisentruit? The Namus case number is #99101590. I realize this doesn't coincide with some of my other Ideas, but new information sometimes changes old ideas.

For her job.
Any idea when? Also, though it may be the obvious (and likely) reason, it is not necessarily the correct reason, since there were closer places she could have moved to for her job (KIMT has/had 3 other stations in Minnesota). Do you have a source that I could refer to?

Last edited:
On November 1, 1999 female skeletal remains were found in Kansas City, Kansas. The examination determined the lady would have been 26 to 40 years old. No positive Identification was ever made. I don't know how they do the comparisons but I am wondering could this be Jodi Huisentruit? The Namus case number is #99101590. I realize this doesn't coincide with some of my other Ideas, but new information sometimes changes old ideas.
Just to clarify that's the ME/C Case number (whatever that is) - the actual NamUs id is #2436 (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)).

Actually, that's a decent match! May I ask how you found it?
The only issue I see is that the remains are quite a bit taller than she was (5' 7" compared to an estimate of 5' 3"/5' 4" according to Wikipedia), though of course both heights are estimates, so could meet in the middle. I'd say submit it anyway and see what happens!

Her first job after university was with Northwest Airlines.[3] She entered the vocation of broadcasting upon getting hired by KGAN in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, as the station's Iowa City bureau chief, then returned to Minnesota for a job at KSAX in Alexandria before returning to Iowa for her KIMT position.
I see, thanks for clarifying! What do you think about an old acquaintance being a suspect?

Interesting, something to consider, wondering what about Jodi's shoe size..
136UFKS
136UFKS.jpg
136UFKS1.jpg

Date of Discovery: October 12, 1999
Location of Discovery: Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas
Estimated Date of Death: 1990 to 1999
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 26-40 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'5" to 5'8"
women's size 8 1/2 shoe recovered with remains

JH was 5'3” to 5'4” in height. What size shoe did JH wear?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)26-40
Estimated Year of Death1990-1999
Estimated PMIYears
Height5' 7"(67 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate
Eyewear
women's size 8 1/2 shoe recovered with remains
On the Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online