Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Posted this awhile back, but found it more fitting.
Absolutely beautiful. I think I needed those couple of tears to fall. One for each eye. Aniah’s face was visually in my mind’s eye. I don’t know what else to say. I’m so sorry for her family. It’s gonna take them a long long time to recover. They will. ❤️ conquers all.

These articles may have previously been posted and discussed, if so - I’m sorry for the duplication. I’m way behind. I’ve been constantly washing dishes for the last three days. Geez, grown men and grandkids sure do eat a lot. Anyway, seeing these charges in these articles are outrageous.

***dated 11/29/19
Yazeed was out on a $395,000 bond for charges of robbery, attempted murder, kidnapping, and marijuana possession at the time of Blanchard’s kidnapping.

He was also arrested for robbery in 2011 and attempted murder in 2012, but those cases were ultimately dismissed, USA Today reported.
Remains Of UFC Fighter's Missing Stepdaughter Found In Wooded Area

***dated 11/08/19
Yazeed has a lengthy criminal history dating back to 2011 when he was charged with two counts of first-degree robbery, according to court records. Those charges were ultimately dismissed by a grand jury, as were two attempted murder charges levied against Yazeed the next year after he allegedly tried to hit two police officers with a vehicle.

In 2013, Yazeed was charged with possession of marijuana, crack cocaine, a pistol without a permit, drug paraphernalia and attempting to elude law enforcement during two separate incidents. He was indicted on those charges in 2015, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced in two separate hearings. The same judge, former Circuit Judge Williams Shashy, sentenced him to serve 13 months in prison during each hearing. Those sentences were suspended, and he never stepped foot in a prison.

In 2017, Yazeed was charged with aggravated assault, battery of a police officer, possession of marijuana and fleeing police in Johnson County, Kansas. He was found not guilty of the battery and assault charges. A Judge in 2018 sentenced him to serve 16 months in prison, but he was released shortly after his sentencing being credited with 8 months while he awaited trial.

Less than a year later, back in Montgomery, Yazeed was then charged with two counts of kidnapping, two counts of robbery, attempted murder and possession of marijuana after two men were beaten inside a hotel room in January. One victim was nearly beaten to death, according to court records.

Yazeed was released on a $295,000 bond the day after his arrest in connection to the January incident and has been free since. A judge Thursday revoked his bond in the cases once a warrant was issued against Yazeed in connection to Blanchard's disappearance.
Aniah Blanchard: Ibraheem Yazeed arrested in UFC Walt Harris stepdaughter disappearance

***ETA: dated 11/15/19
Objection to Motion to Set Bond by Steve Arnold on Scribd

Lee County DA rips Montgomery County, says it let Ibraheem Yazeed 'evade prosecution'

***ETA: dated 7/06/11
Yazeed v. Brooks et al (inmate 2): RECOMMENDATION OF THE MAGISTRATE JUDGE that: 1) Plf's claims against Dfts Brooks, Marshall, and the Montgomery City Police Department be DISMISSED with prejudice in accordance with the directives of 28 USC § 1915(e)(2)(B)(i); 2) Plf's wrongful imprisonment claim be DISMISSED without prejudice pursuant to the provisions of 28 USC § 1915(e)(2)(B)(ii); and 3) This case be dismissed prior to service of process; Objections to R&R due by 7/20/2011. Signed by Honorable Judge Wallace Capel, Jr on 7/6/2011.

***ETA: dated 6/14/11
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.almd.45715/gov.uscourts.almd.45715.1.0.pdf

Docket for Yazeed v. Brooks (INMATE 2), 2:11-cv-00458 - CourtListener.com
IMO, The USA justice system is broken, when a repeat criminal as more Wright's than the victim. A person should not get bail for a violent crime. If IY was not been bonded out on kidnap and beating an ealderly man, Aniah would still be alive. This country as broken laws that need to be fixed. IMO we need federal laws across the board, not state and county

I saw this case in the news when it first came out and after her vehicle was found miles away I thought it would take a long time to solve when there were no suspects within 2 weeks. I'm glad to see there is an arrest. But I'm shocked to find out her suspected killer has an arrest history for crimes against women.
Actually, I don't find that shocking at all. For whatever reason, these animals always manage to roam free and find new victims to abuse.

This is just so heartbreaking. I have a hard time posting in this thread. Her mother's anguish just crushes my heart. This beautiful and innocent girl taken away from her loved ones and friends by disgusting animals. It just makes me sick.

But now I’m curious...would love to know WHERE in Auburn AF was arrested. Was he at the Clarion? Article says he’s from Montgomery, so why was he back in Auburn. You would think he’d avoid Auburn, knowing that he could be implicated in a murder.

I remember seeing pictures of AF in a Holiday Inn Express uniform, and also reading that his wife works at a HIE. I wondered if AF could work at the HIE in Auburn? This especially creeped me out because I have stayed in that hotel, recently, for an Auburn game.

My child and AB met through mutual friends at Auburn, and like everyone else, we are heartbroken.

Has anyone ever seen all 26 of the arrests for IY mentioned? I wish an investigative reporter would list all of those. I’m personally thinking they mean 26 charges, not arrests.

I sure would like to see what they have included, and personally like to see what happened to his probation he was under in Florida. I don’t think it’s fair to only put the blame on Alabama for not holding him accountable. I’d like to know how he got off so easily in other places too. Maybe knowing what his official record shows would help me understand that.
I’d be very interested to know the reasoning all the judges have for bond amounts, etc. or details in general of how in the world he managed to get out of most of these charges. A lot of these never even made it to a grand jury indictment. How? Why? Makes no sense. ESP the female judge in Montgomery. They take into account everything with allowing bond. & I can’t find the logic of how a judge can look at that criminal record & think he’s not a danger to society. Or did she think he couldn’t afford over $200k & then he did (I think it only has to be 10%). I wonder how he’s affording this bc someone is losing a lot of money with him not showing up to court. & idc who you are...no one likes to lose money.

Antwon Fisher worked at Mobis prior to his arrest last week.

I remember seeing pictures of AF in a Holiday Inn Express uniform, and also reading that his wife works at a HIE. I wondered if AF could work at the HIE in Auburn? This especially creeped me out because I have stayed in that hotel, recently, for an Auburn game.

My child and AB met through mutual friends at Auburn, and like everyone else, we are heartbroken.

How tarrifing to think he works in the hotel indstry. My husband spends a lot of time traveling out of state. People just assume those that work there have been vetted by employers.

Last edited:
Get rid of the 10% deal and bond problem is fixed. End of story.
Sounds good! That's part of the overall solution. Putting convicted murderers back out on the street after abbreviated prison time has to be stopped. "Prison overcrowding, bla, bla, bla, ..." We're putting the rights of dangerous criminals ahead of the safety of the rest of us.

Aniah's Mom has such a good heart...in her pain, she's still trying to help/protect others. Aniah's spirit will absolutely give her strength. Prayers & Love to them all.
We see in her pain, her incredible strength. I feel Angela will become a strong advocate for missing & murdered children in the future. Something pure & beautiful is going to come out of this horrific tragedy.

I don't doubt that Alabama's prison system is messed up. 60 Days In on AE has an upcoming season where it features a county in Alabama and 6 corrections officers ended up being fired while 11 others resigned. The whole state has a huge problem on their hands that needs to be fixed

I don't doubt that Alabama's prison system is messed up. 60 Days In on AE has an upcoming season where it features a county in Alabama and 6 corrections officers ended up being fired while 11 others resigned. The whole state has a huge problem on their hands that needs to be fixed

Yes, it seems that it does. I posted this very long April 2019 report earlier that points to extremely bad conditions in the Alabama prisons.

" ..... we conclude that there is reasonable cause to believe that conditions at Alabama's prisons violate the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution and that these violations are pursuant to a pattern or practice of resistance to the full enjoyment of rights protected by the Eighth Amendment. In particular, we have reasonable cause to believe that Alabama routinely violates the constitutional rights of prisoners housed in the Alabama's prisons by failing to protect them from prisoner-on-prisoner violence and prisoner-on-prisoner sexual abuse, and by failing to provide safe conditions. The violations are exacerbated by serious deficiencies in staffing and supervision and overcrowding."
https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1150276/download

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back