ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the Portland area

Given her Facebook status from a few days before I am worried this may not end well. There was a case super similar to this a few weeks ago and the guy abandoned his car on the side of the road and went into the woods and was found a few days later (suicide). Praying that will not be the case here and she is found and gets the help it sounds like she needs :( From the sounds of it she is a sweet girl with two kids that need her.
<snipped by me for brevity>

Are there any searches planned?

<snipped by me for brevity>

Are there any searches planned?

I haven't seen any mentions of them yet but I know her sister was putting up signs all over downtown Portland.

ETA: I actually just saw that police and wardens are searching on Middle Rd in Falmouth and along a bridge by the river in Falmouth for her (this is all kind of near-ish to where she left her car) today. But I do not see any info on planned searches with volunteers yet.

Last edited:
Coast Guard, Game Wardens assist in search for missing Richmond woman

Multiple groups are now assisting in the search for Anneliese Heinig, 37, of Richmond.

[...]

Maine Game Wardens and the Coast Guard have been called to assist in the search.

Police have been searching for Heinig since Tuesday, November 26.

Heinig is 5' 1" and has blue eyes and blonde hair.

#DEVELOPING: Coast Guard, Game Wardens are assisting in the search for a missing Richmond woman. Anneliese Heinig was last seen on Tuesday.

Police search for missing Richmond woman
Hannah Dineen on Twitter

From the above article:
UPDATE: As of Sunday, December 1, Portland police are searching on I-295 in Falmouth and Falmouth police are searching on Middle Road and Route 9 along the Presumpscot River Bridge in Falmouth for Anneliese Heinig. Wardens have been called to assist in the search.

A lot of this is confusing. She was driving SB between exits 9 and 10 - the family says she was seen walking northbound near Washington - was she north or south of where the car broke down? If she was north of the car, why would she walk back north all the way to exit 10?
Also, with two kids and involved parents, I'm surprised she wasn't reported missing for 2 days.
....and the water always makes me nervous - she was right by the ocean. It's not yet winter but people don't last long in that cold water.

#UPDATE Richmond PD say the missing Richmond woman's phone was traced in Portland and South Portland Thursday. Portland PD and the Coast Guard have now joined the search for 37-year-old Anneliese Heinig. (Photo Courtesy Grace Heinig) https://bit.ly/2Dy39RJ

View attachment 218405
CBS 13 News on Twitter
Well she certainly is a cute gal. I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but this isn't looking good at all. I'm not as worried about the water. Statistically, women will typically take an overdose of pills, or cut themselves. However, going back to the water and her FB comment about wanting peace, she might have overdosed and gone to eternal sleep in a setting such as the beach/waterfront. That's where I would look for her.
Gender differentiation in methods of suicide attempts

Amateur opinion and speculation

Well she certainly is a cute gal. I'm sorry to be a pessimist, but this isn't looking good at all. I'm not as worried about the water. Statistically, women will typically take an overdose of pills, or cut themselves. However, going back to the water and her FB comment about wanting peace, she might have overdosed and gone to eternal sleep in a setting such as the beach/waterfront. That's where I would look for her.
Gender differentiation in methods of suicide attempts

Ugh yeah it all doesn't sound good... It is more rocky coastline where they are looking vs beach but yeah...there are some nature preserves around that area too actually. There's also a bridge you can walk to a little island on the way to Falmouth called Mackworth which is beautiful and surrounded by trees and water. There are a lot of wide open spaces here though and with the snow coming (up to 11" I think) I worry they won't find her but I hope I'm wrong.

Ugh yeah it all doesn't sound good... It is more rocky coastline where they are looking vs beach but yeah...there are some nature preserves around that area too actually. There's also a bridge you can walk to a little island on the way to Falmouth called Mackworth which is beautiful and surrounded by trees and water. There are a lot of wide open spaces here though and with the snow coming (up to 11" I think) I worry they won't find her but I hope I'm wrong.
This is exactly where they should be looking IMO. If she were despondent, she likely went somewhere to exit and find "peace". So sad. Hope I'm wrong.

This is exactly where they should be looking IMO. If she were despondent, she likely went somewhere to exit and find "peace". So sad. Hope I'm wrong.

Why leave her car on an interstate and walk off. Why not drive to a peaceful place. If she left the car near a bridge, it’s possible she jumped. Jmo

Last edited:
Why leave her car on an interstate and walk off. Why not drive to a peaceful place. If she left the car near a bridge, it possible she jumped. Jmo

In the new article, her mother explains that her daughter might have thought that her car was having a mechanical problem and that she took cash and her ID to go look for help.

In the new article, her mother explains that her daughter might have thought that her car was having a mechanical problem and that she took cash and her ID to go look for help.
Family also questioned why she didn’t call AAA. That early in the morning and mechanical problems would warrant a service call IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419