Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question was, did the girls remains at the viewing evidence any signs of trauma? Do you recall if anything was said or noted at the time? I have spent the past 2 hours reviewing the posts right after the Feb. 18 viewing/memorial at the High School, and did not see any report from anyone who was at the memorial service. Maybe the heavy discussion came a few days later? This case has so many posts--its nearly impossible to find what you want!
I have heard nothing about signs of visible trauma. I have heard things about clothing choices, but as far as I know they may just be rumors and speculation. I’m not entirely sure how much I’m allowed to say and I don’t want to be disrespectful or post anything that isn’t allowed.

Thank you for taking the time to dig all those up.

(And thanks @Gardener1850 )

—-

ETA, awww, it seems our Late Great @los2188 started Teresa’s thread:

Police seek public's help to find missing woman
21734029-mmmain.jpg

Police seek public's help to find missing women

Last edited:
LE has said many things that flummox me....

For instance that they 'know' it's about 'power' to the perp....how do they KNOW that...?

Also: that the perp would 'never' believe they'd shift gears to another 'investigative strategy' - ??? I mean, huh?

How does LE know what the perp is thinking or not one way or another...?

What was the initial strategy much less the new one & how the heck would the perp know anyway...?

(one could argue the new strategy is the new drawing of 'BG' dude...but that's not a 'strategy' to my mind.....that's a drawing - plus: so whoppity-what....why would the perp 'never believe' that they'd have a new drawing of the 'perp' It does play into a scenario wherein someone close to the case at the get go gave false information that perpetuated & even created the drawing of the perp, aka original 'BG')

So much of LE's statements are just so enigmatic!

I'm beginning to think 'hiding in plain sight' is that this person is involved & pretends to be concerned.....a journalist, blogger, social worker, or even part of LE or emergency service personnel.....someone who might have been involved after the fact.

I say this because of the comment 'may be in this room'.....the comment of 'hiding in plain sight' is preceded by the former statement.
They hide in 'plain sight' by following the case blatantly

Just my own confused opinion folks!

MOO DC wanted to shake up the killer that is all. The shift to a younger age group should do that if killer was unbelievably lucky and the bridge video made him look lime an older man.
MOO BG being religious is probably an educated guess- 99% of Indiana probably portrays itself as religious at least.

MOO DC wanted to shake up the killer that is all. The shift to a younger age group should do that if killer was unbelievably lucky and the bridge video made him look lime an older man.
MOO BG being religious is probably an educated guess- 99% of Indiana probably portrays itself as religious at least.

Another thing I just noticed recently are the religious themes often woven in with SKs. It crossed my mind if this perhaps played a role or not in LE’s religious reference, as far as potential profiling from BAU...

Last edited:
Here’s where I get stuck - why hasn’t there been another crime since that has been found to be similar or related to A&L. Based on what we know about offenders, it is incredibly unlikely that this was BG’s first crime. He likely has been arrested for peeping Tom or similar violations, domestic violence, etc. You don’t fly under the radar and then up and brutally murder two girls randomly. You also generally do not kill like this and then melt back into society never to harm again - it is very likely that if he hasn’t committed a crime since that he will. Cooling off periods for years at a time are very rare (think BTK). So my guesses are either BG is dead, has offended again but the crime has not been tied back to our A&L, or is feeding his urges with less risky criminal offenses and biding his time. Either that or he has superhuman control of his urges...unlikely. I expect that he is an inadequate personality type, who likely feels emasculated and may have a domineering mother or mother figure. He can’t control women his own age so he went after children, the only way he was able to feel powerful/superior. While this seems to be a crime of opportunity, MOO I don’t think that he would have gone after a grown woman. I think he was hunting kids that day. Or maybe not. Damnit where are you BG.

If he was in a different state we'd never know,would we?

LE has said many things that flummox me....

For instance that they 'know' it's about 'power' to the perp....how do they KNOW that...?

Also: that the perp would 'never' believe they'd shift gears to another 'investigative strategy' - ??? I mean, huh?

How does LE know what the perp is thinking or not one way or another...?

What was the initial strategy much less the new one & how the heck would the perp know anyway...?

(one could argue the new strategy is the new drawing of 'BG' dude...but that's not a 'strategy' to my mind.....that's a drawing - plus: so whoppity-what....why would the perp 'never believe' that they'd have a new drawing of the 'perp' It does play into a scenario wherein someone close to the case at the get go gave false information that perpetuated & even created the drawing of the perp, aka original 'BG')

So much of LE's statements are just so enigmatic!

I'm beginning to think 'hiding in plain sight' is that this person is involved & pretends to be concerned.....a journalist, blogger, social worker, or even part of LE or emergency service personnel.....someone who might have been involved after the fact.

I say this because of the comment 'may be in this room'.....the comment of 'hiding in plain sight' is preceded by the former statement.
They hide in 'plain sight' by following the case blatantly

Just my own confused opinion folks!
The FBI profilers are very good at what they do. Much of Carter's information about BG--that he's local, that the crime was about power, that he's interested in the status of the investigation--likely came from the FBI's profile of the killer.

The FBI profilers are very good at what they do. Much of Carter's information about BG--that he's local, that the crime was about power, that he's interested in the status of the investigation--likely came from the FBI's profile of the killer.

Yeah I just alluded to that as well in my above post re: BAU.

ETA: @Ozoner, iirc @Foxfire mentioned a long time ago there were only, like 14ish iirc, BAU agents in the whole country. That was years ago. I wonder how many there are now.

Say somewhere fairly nearby -- within a few hours' drive, like western Ohio, western Kentucky, or even in north central Kentucky... JMOO

Canada wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched the recent video by WapTek1?
Very unusual but it makes you think about how overly edited LE photo releases are. Moo

Yeah I just alluded to that as well in my above post re: BAU.

ETA: @Ozoner, iirc @Foxfire mentioned a long time ago there were only, like 14ish iirc, BAU agents in the whole country. That was years ago. I wonder how many there are now.

Canada wouldn’t surprise me.
I have wondered if he is someone either visiting but lived out of the country or if he moved out of the country after the murders.
But that last PC caused me to think otherwise. He is hiding in plain sight they said.

Say somewhere fairly nearby -- within a few hours' drive, like western Ohio, western Kentucky, or even in north central Kentucky... JMOO
I believe this killer WAS local at one time. Either a resident or frequent visitor years ago. But I've often wondered if he isn't hiding in plain sight hours away. Louisville, Chicago or Ohio have all been possibilities to me. Just my gut feeling about it as I don't have any evidence to support it.

The thickness of these threads now is of epic proportions. I don’t think there has ever been a case here with so many threads?

JonBenet I know has tons of various threads here, her own forum.
We had a local girl, Angelica "AJ" Hadsell, with threads that moved remarkably fast, but after her stepfather was arrested on unrelated charges it died down and she also has her own forum as well. But this one has not only moved fast, but it has had staying power as well. Most cases would really be cold by now.

We had a local girl, Angelica "AJ" Hadsell, with threads that moved remarkably fast, but after her stepfather was arrested on unrelated charges it died down and she also has her own forum as well. But this one has not only moved fast, but it has had staying power as well. Most cases would really be cold by now.

(I’ll always remember AJ’s case. It was hands down my hardest moment on WS ever when her father Zach said in here, “God, take me instead...”.

See latest updates from Zach. WH has access to email it seems last I saw a few months ago.)

I've been looking for historic cases of attacks on hiking trails and in remote areas. There really have not been very many that I have found. I grouped them in four categories:
1. Double abduction/murder
2. Abduction on a trail
3. No vehicle used in attack
4. Cold weather outdoor attack

I have only been able to find the Delphi case where there was a cold weather outdoor attack. All the other cases that I have found have all been in the spring or summer months.

Some of the cases fit into multiple categories and some of the cases were male/female attacks rather than attacks on females only. There were a few cases that I included that were sole females.

The cases seemed to fall into some general types of attacks.
1. Offender had obvious serious untreated mental illness
2. Attack included sexual assault
3. Serial Killer (Hilton, Carpenter, Scott)
4. Blitz attack - no obvious motive

The cases where the text is in green are unsolved cases but the location was similar to the Delphi case so I kept them on the list. There maybe something that turns out to be similar to the Delphi case.

Attachments

• Historic Trail Attacks.JPG
    Historic Trail Attacks.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Observations from Historic Trail Attacks.JPG
    Observations from Historic Trail Attacks.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Historic trail attack in grid.JPG
    Historic trail attack in grid.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 45
IMO Carter did address it with no in between. He stated what the killer thought and that LE most likely heard what he had to say in person. Carter said, "Directly to the killer who may be in this room, we believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you," he said."

As far as LE having enough evidence to convict, that might be only if they can place the killer at the scene or even just the area on the afternoon of the murders. That might be the problem they can't overcome...yet. AJMO
Someone giving him a false alibi I bet. Early in the investigation LE said they were having trouble with people lying about alibis.

My question was, did the girls remains at the viewing evidence any signs of trauma? Do you recall if anything was said or noted at the time? I have spent the past 2 hours reviewing the posts right after the Feb. 18 viewing/memorial at the High School, and did not see any report from anyone who was at the memorial service. Maybe the heavy discussion came a few days later? This case has so many posts--its nearly impossible to find what you want!
Have you tried googling? You will likely come up with sources that we cannot discuss on here but it may answer some questions. Why do you want to know such details? LE have not released the autopsy and presumably you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77