ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Also, I noticed she changed her FB profile photo early in the morning of the same day she disappeared. She changed it to a photo of her kids.
Agree- that's why I posted it earlier upthread. She did that a couple of hours before she disappeared, according to the time on that post.

Do we know where she was heading before she disappeared? Her family didn't mention her going to work.

DEC 1, 2019
Missing Maine woman's car found, police searching near bridge
[…]

Police say they found Anneliese Heinig's 2008 Mercury Mariner near the I-295 in Falmouth on Saturday.

Police from the Richmond, Portland and South Portland police departments were involved in a search in that area Sunday.

[…]

Police say there is nothing suspicious about the case at this time.

Police searching for missing Richmond woman
[…]

At this time, they are not suspecting foul play.

[…]

Jeez, can we ever get police to acknowledge that all disappearances are suspicious until the person in question is found safe? OF COURSE, it's suspicious.

Jeez, can we ever get police to acknowledge that all disappearances are suspicious until the person in question is found safe? OF COURSE, it's suspicious.
To be fair, it wasn't reported to LE until after Thanksgiving, when she didn't show up for the family meal. She was gone for two days by then.

unfortunately, where she is an adult, they do have to rule out the possibility that she either left on her own, or possible self harm. Plus, they have to search through phones and computers, talk to family, friends, who she was last seen with. It does appear like she was going through a rough spell, whether or not that is related to her disappearance, no one knows.

It doesn't appear that there was a struggle around where her car was found, no sign of blood, hair, skin.

So far, no one in her family or friends have mentioned anything about a certain person possibly wanting to harm her. Usually you hear that right away, on social media, anyway.

BBM - I took a stab at it but I just read the thread today and I've probably missed some things. Let me know what needs a fixin'. ;) MOO

TUES, NOV 26
THU, NOV 28
SUN, DEC 1
  • Police are searching the areas just off of I-295 in Falmouth as well as on Middle Road and Route 9 along the Presumpscot River Bridge in Falmouth. Maine Game Wardens and the Coast Guard have been called to assist in the search.

I'm shocked that it's not routine protocol for a towing company or the PD to immediately contact the owner of the vehicle. At the very least, it would be a notification of where the care was towed and what the towing and storage charges are. At the worst, they find out something is more wrong than a broken down or out of gas vehicle and they can commence an investigation. Every minute counts.

To be fair, it wasn't reported to LE until after Thanksgiving, when she didn't show up for the family meal. She was gone for two days by then.

unfortunately, where she is an adult, they do have to rule out the possibility that she either left on her own, or possible self harm. Plus, they have to search through phones and computers, talk to family, friends, who she was last seen with. It does appear like she was going through a rough spell, whether or not that is related to her disappearance, no one knows.

It doesn't appear that there was a struggle around where her car was found, no sign of blood, hair, skin.

So far, no one in her family or friends have mentioned anything about a certain person possibly wanting to harm her. Usually you hear that right away, on social media, anyway.

Reported missing on Thanksgiving or the day after? Investigation began Sunday (yesterday)?

Here's my thinking on this: It was an abandoned car with a phone, purse and keys. That immediately raises suspicion (be that suicide, abduction, etc) so it should be immediately noted as suspicious. It's outrageous, to me, that a care gets towed and no notice or phone call or an officer sent to the home of the owner, just to check because PHONE, KEYS, PURSE!!! It's common freaking sense which should always be the number one factor, even before administrative protocol, which also seems to be severely lacking.

Does anyone recall what her FB posts said (the account is gone)? I'd like to know who deleted the account. IMO, as much as I hate FB, I thinks it's a very good resource for LE and accounts like hers should be left up in the event that someone who knows something (or even she) makes a post with further information or clues.

I'm shocked that it's not routine protocol for a towing company or the PD to immediately contact the owner of the vehicle. At the very least, it would be a notification of where the care was towed and what the towing and storage charges are. At the worst, they find out something is more wrong than a broken down or out of gas vehicle and they can commence an investigation. Every minute counts.
I think they are probably required to notify the owner by mail. It seems a bit of a stretch to require a towing company to sleuth the owner's phone number and track them down. MOO

I think they are probably required to notify the owner by mail. It seems a bit of a stretch to require a towing company to sleuth the owner's phone number and track them down. MOO

Well, they have the VIN so it would seem cops could go from there. That her important personal items were left behind would raise a red flag, I would think.

I'm having an emotional reaction to this, for some reason (don't usually allow myself to do that). My sweet doggie passed away on Tuesday and Thanksgiving also brings up Kelsey, of course, so I'm sure that's contributing to it.

Questions:

Is Anneliese married, divorced, have a boyfriend or hostile X?
Did she reside with her children?
Were there any custody issues being fought about?
Who were her last phones calls to or from?
Did anyone know where she was going that morning?

Questions:

All great questions, unfortunately, none of them have answers at this time.

I, too, was wondering where she was heading that morning. Her family didn't mention anything about her missing work. Also, if they reported her missing after she failed to show up for Thanksgiving dinner, that makes me wonder if she has custody of her children. The reason I say that is because they would have known right away that she was missing- her kids would have been alone for two nights before Thanksgiving.

They also said they found it strange that she didn't call Triple A for her car, and that she didn't call her sister when she broke down.

I'd like to know who the last person was that saw her before she went missing.

Also, who reported seeing her walking away from the car? Or was she caught on video? Was it more than one witness, and was it definitely her?

Well, they have the VIN so it would seem cops could go from there. That her important personal items were left behind would raise a red flag, I would think.

I'm having an emotional reaction to this, for some reason (don't usually allow myself to do that). My sweet doggie passed away on Tuesday and Thanksgiving also brings up Kelsey, of course, so I'm sure that's contributing to it.
Awe, I am so sorry for the loss of your doggie- little buggers are a part of the family. Kelsey's been on my mind as well.

All great questions, unfortunately, none of them have answers at this time.

I, too, was wondering where she was heading that morning. Her family didn't mention anything about her missing work. Also, if they reported her missing after she failed to show up for Thanksgiving dinner, that makes me wonder if she has custody of her children. The reason I say that is because they would have known right away that she was missing- her kids would have been alone for two nights before Thanksgiving.

They also said they found it strange that she didn't call Triple A for her car, and that she didn't call her sister when she broke down.

I'd like to know who the last person was that saw her before she went missing.

Also, who reported seeing her walking away from the car? Or was she caught on video? Was it more than one witness, and was it definitely her?

Also important questions that reporters should have asked and tracked down answers for.

Agree- that's why I posted it earlier upthread. She did that a couple of hours before she disappeared, according to the time on that post.

Do we know where she was heading before she disappeared? Her family didn't mention her going to work.

Her sister mentioned on her fb page that she called AH' place of employment and her boss said, she didn't show up for work on tuesday or wenesday.

Questions:

She listed herself as single on her Facebook page.

Apparently she had to work on tuesday fron what her sister is saying on Facebook.

Does anyone recall what her FB posts said (the account is gone)? I'd like to know who deleted the account. IMO, as much as I hate FB, I thinks it's a very good resource for LE and accounts like hers should be left up in the event that someone who knows something (or even she) makes a post with further information or clues.

I'm pretty sure LE is the one going through it. ( reason why it is down)

(((HUGS))) I’m sorry about your doggie :(

Losing a pet is so so hard. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. RIP Sweet Doggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member