Found Deceased SD - Alicia Hummel, 29, found near boat ramp, Myron Grove / Meckling, 1 Jun 2015

upload_2019-2-1_19-38-26.jpeg
Courtesy photo Tim Hynds, Sioux City Journal
The boat ramp at the Myron Grove access at the Missouri River southwest of Meckling, South Dakota, is shown Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The body of Alicia Hummel, 29, of Sioux City, was discovered near the boat ramp May 31, 2015, and there have been no arrests.

Alicia Marie Hummel | Iowa Cold Cases

“According to a Sioux City Journal article dated June 24, 2015, Hummel had gone fishing June 1, the first day of a vacation from her job at Siouxland Family Center in Dakota City, where she taught Early Head Start classes for infants and toddlers.

Early that Monday afternoon, she’d sent a selfie— her with her fishing rod in hand — through Snapchat, a social media platform, the Journal reported.

An autopsy conducted in Minnehaha County, S.D., concluded Hummel died of drowning, with contributing circumstances of blunt force trauma to the head and incision wounds to the neck.”

Re: the above last sentence, post 1 describes the neck injury as follows:

“and an incised wound on her neck. “

Last edited:
From the OP's MSM post:

"Alicia had suffered neck wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. Sheriff Howe said an autopsy concluded the actual cause of death was drowning. Alicia’s death has been ruled a homicide by the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, Sheriff Howe told Dateline."

Very interesting. I've looked at the general circumstances of the case, looking at Google Earth and other sources. There are similarities to the Delphi case.

From the OP's MSM post:

"Alicia had suffered neck wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. Sheriff Howe said an autopsy concluded the actual cause of death was drowning. Alicia’s death has been ruled a homicide by the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, Sheriff Howe told Dateline."

Very interesting. I've looked at the general circumstances of the case, looking at Google Earth and other sources. There are similarities to the Delphi case.
An interesting thing is how the sketch from the Delphi murders looks much like someone that used social media to murder Sydney Loofe. He would have driven by the Vermillion area, since he has links to Sioux Falls. I know he traveled a lot, but don't recall any links to Indiana.

An interesting thing is how the sketch from the Delphi murders looks much like someone that used social media to murder Sydney Loofe. He would have driven by the Vermillion area, since he has links to Sioux Falls. I know he traveled a lot, but don't recall any links to Indiana.

He actually looks more like the newly released sketch, which shows a younger and thinner face.

This is the first I am hearing about this case, and I live in Iowa. I found this site right after Lyric and Elizabeth were taken. I also follow the Abby and Libby page. After reading this page today, and thoughts some of you have regarding the connection to those other 2 cases, I had a thought and remembered a young man getting arrested in Black Hawk County, Iowa recently for Sexual Abuse 1st degree, Kidnapping 1st degree and willful injury causing serious injury. This attack also happened on a trail at a state park in Waterloo, Iowa, during the day. This assault happened July 28, 2015.

Arrest made in 2015 George Wyth trail attack

As pointed out on the Abbie and Libby forum, there are definite similarities between her case and Delphi. I hope someone in LE has looked into this.

View attachment 167118
Courtesy photo Tim Hynds, Sioux City Journal
The boat ramp at the Myron Grove access at the Missouri River southwest of Meckling, South Dakota, is shown Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The body of Alicia Hummel, 29, of Sioux City, was discovered near the boat ramp May 31, 2015, and there have been no arrests.

Alicia Marie Hummel | Iowa Cold Cases

“According to a Sioux City Journal article dated June 24, 2015, Hummel had gone fishing June 1, the first day of a vacation from her job at Siouxland Family Center in Dakota City, where she taught Early Head Start classes for infants and toddlers.

Early that Monday afternoon, she’d sent a selfie— her with her fishing rod in hand — through Snapchat, a social media platform, the Journal reported.

An autopsy conducted in Minnehaha County, S.D., concluded Hummel died of drowning, with contributing circumstances of blunt force trauma to the head and incision wounds to the neck.”

Re: the above last sentence, post 1 describes the neck injury as follows:

“and an incised wound on her neck. “

Joining the discussion for Alicia (thanks for the link @margarita25)!

I agree that there are some similarities between the Delphi case and Alicia's. Especially this (from Margarita's link above):

I really don’t see the connection between the cases mentioned above. The murders took place with several years between them, the victims were of different ages, and the distances between the murders were large. The only thin that is in common is that the victims are female and that the murders took place in rural/nature areas. I am sure there are a lot of tragedies that fulfill these conditions.
The similarities are slight. However, the murders of Abby and Libby have been described as brutal, and it seems that Alicia Hummel's murder was very brutal. Also, Alicia and Libby looked quite a bit alike. The possibility of a connection shouldn't be written off out of hand.

Margarita linked this thread in the Delphi thread, so I came over here. I give my thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. It must be stressing to know that someone is still walking free (most likely).
Same here...MG25 posted in Delphi so here I am. I feel more that L & A case more personal.
I need to dig into Alicia case a bit more as I have spent almost 3 yrs in the Delphi case and just started here. Might be SK but never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back