PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

If mom was tired of her children why didn’t she just return them to protective services. She could then be footloose and fancy free.
I saw something about that in another forum. She may have looked into giving up custody, either to the bio father or the state---but was told she might still be responsible for child support payments. So that might have triggered this horrid decision:?

*article dated 10/05/2019:
A spokesperson from the state Department of Human Services confirmed to Cathleen Palm, founder of the Center for Children’s Justice, that assessment and ongoing case management services were provided to Connor and Brinley Snyder through Berks County Children and Youth Services.

Deaths of children in Pennsylvania are required to be reviewed by two county-based “child death review” teams. The “Act 33” county review is done first and only in cases of suspected child abuse.

A report by the county team of multi-disciplinary professionals is due to the state’s Department of Human Services within 90 days of the death (bbm) under Act 33, and is designed to quickly highlight any potential flaws in any systems or services the child or family might have been receiving.
Family of 2 kids who died after being found unconscious in Pa. home were known to CYS

I could not believe the news of this arrest. My mind could not go there since the beginning. My heart goes out to anyone who had to deal with this depravity while simply going to work to do their job or their volunteering. I know the best responders have run away from just seeing a similar scene. I just cannot believe that a human could do this, and to little innocent children. I hope this town does their utmost to help all these workers. They have all been victimized, every one of them. There should be charges for this too IMO.

I'm kind of surprised it took so long to arrest her. I'm wondering if they were waiting on tox results.

It certainly answers a lot of the questions, doesn't it? Diabolical woman, can she get the death penalty? She is just a waste of good air, I'm sorry. I'm also impressed that LE took the extra time to interview the school, teachers etc., to determine that Conner was not in fact a bullied child.

Nothing this female ever said or typed sat right with me, and none of it was appropriate grief. There are ways to talk about your deceased children; and then "there are ways". This female managed to hit every one of these talking points wrong along the way (IMO), including as we have now found out, the obituary. The only bright spot is, if media outlets have now started to say "it's now seen as normal for people to grieve collectively on social media", that we can hope every complicit person doing the public grieving is as dim and telltale in their self-expression as this woman was (hint: it helps not to spend about 85% of your conversation upon alibi-building non-sequiturs). SMH... poor babies.

My hope is she told them they were going to play a game. Blindfolded them. And that they knew she put something around their necks but because of the blindfold weren’t aware of what she was doing.

Do you think she tied their hands too?, it's a terrible thought I know,but there seems to be no mention of any signs that the children may have grabbed at the leash to try to stop what was happening, and we know they didnt die instantly:(:(
I am sorry that I wrote this out loud:(

Do you think she tied their hands too?, it's a terrible thought I know,but there seems to be no mention of any signs that the children may have grabbed at the leash to try to stop what was happening, and we know they didnt die instantly:(:(
I am sorry that I wrote this out loud:(
Oh my gosh. That is a good question. It seems like there would be claw marks on their necks if their hands were free, but if she tied their hands, you'd think there'd be wrist abrasions from them struggling to free themselves. I hope they get to the bottom of how she did this.

It certainly answers a lot of the questions, doesn't it? Diabolical woman, can she get the death penalty? She is just a waste of good air, I'm sorry. I'm also impressed that LE took the extra time to interview the school, teachers etc., to determine that Conner was not in fact a bullied child.

Nothing this female ever said or typed sat right with me, and none of it was appropriate grief. There are ways to talk about your deceased children; and then "there are ways". This female managed to hit every one of these talking points wrong along the way (IMO), including as we have now found out, the obituary. The only bright spot is, if media outlets have now started to say "it's now seen as normal for people to grieve collectively on social media", that we can hope every complicit person doing the public grieving is as dim and telltale in their self-expression as this woman was (hint: it helps not to spend about 85% of your conversation upon alibi-building non-sequiturs). SMH... poor babies.

We do have the death penalty here in PA, but no one has been executed in 20 years. And it’s in front of the courts to abolish it completely.
Pennsylvania high court asked to throw out death penalty | TribLIVE.com

That said, who knows? This case is about as dark as it gets. I predict she will confess by reason of insanity, and they will have her sent to a psych ward to evaluate, and to buy time. After a while she will be found legally sane, then she will be locked up and the key thrown away. Similar to the Laurel Schlemmer case, another PA case which was local to me.

Those poor kids. Senseless.

Oh my gosh. That is a good question. It seems like there would be claw marks on their necks if their hands were free, but if she tied their hands, you'd think there'd be wrist abrasions from them struggling to free themselves. I hope they get to the bottom of how she did this.

True,I'm just trying to think that if I wanted to get away with making a hanging look like a suicide I would want to avoid claw marks(even though these can happen with suicides too),so I guess I would tie their hands loosely maybe behind their backs and over their sleeves to minimise any signs if abrasion.......and now I feel sick that I am even thinking that way!!

From the above:

"Snyder said the day her children died, Conner came home from school and asked her if he could go “downstairs to build a fort.” She said Conner asked if he could use a dog lead on the table that she had just bought that day and she said yes. Snyder said as Conner went up and down the stairs, taking dining room chairs with him, she was putting laundry away and went outside for a cigarette.

Snyder told police after about 10 minutes outside, she went back to ask the children what they wanted for dinner and that’s when she found them hanging. Snyder said she tried to lift her daughter, who weighs about 40 pounds, but she told police when her “anxiety spikes,” she starts to sweat profusely and was unable to remove the dog lead. Snyder also told police she tried to lift her son, who weighs about 150 pounds, but was unable to."

Well, at least we now know the story she tried to sell to explain a lot of the questions we all had. Building a fort. Her anxiety spiked. What a bunch of BS. What a depraved depraved...thing she is. Not sure about motive but I'm going with money and sympathy.

Morning all!

Due to being sooo busy during the TG holidays I havent even had any time to check up on any cases I've been following, until now.

I'm still not caught up on the pages here, but wanted to express my opinion about the motive of why she cruelly murdered both precious children.

Imo, it similiar to the motives we see carried out by many murdering moms lately, imo. It wasn't about seeking attention or money.

They were seen only as burdens she didnt want to carry.

Imo, These beautiful children have long been being abused, and willfully neglected by this mommy dearest filled with pure demonic evil.

She wanted to be free. The thought of her sexually assaulting her dog makes me gag, but I'm not surprised. It explains why she hid the fact she had more than one phone. Thank God her older son outed her. No telling what else she has on her phones she wanted to keep hidden. I wouldn't be surprised if she was selling her perverted images online.

She is evil to the core. Now that they have arrested her for premeditated double murder, the ongoing investigation will continue to uncover more damning evidence against her.

I'm so glad it didnt take very long for the charges, and arrest to happen. I knew all along LE didnt believe this wretched creature for one second.

It takes a completely cold unfeeling self absorbed individual to do the horrific violent acts she has done.

It shatters my heart to know these 2 innocent children were struggling to live while hanging by their necks, and mommy dearest just stood there waiting, and watching for her premeditated diabolical plan to work.

Now I'm more convinced her older son was also subjected to abuses as well. My heart breaks for him.

God bless these two children's sweet gentle souls. May they both rest in eternal peace.

Imoo

Last edited:
Albany Township mother researched suicide, murder before her 2 children were found hanged, police say

Dec 2, 2019

[..]

Investigators almost immediately began finding holes in Snyder's story.

When they spoke to someone else who lived in the house, he said the kids never played in the basement, recalling only one time they went down there. That was on Christmas to ride their new scooters.

When they built forts, he told investigators, they did so with couch cushions and chairs in the living room.

He also told investigators that Conner had never mentioned being bullied at school.

Another witness told investigators that Snyder sent her a text message saying Conner was being bullied and was suicidal. She asked the witness to pick him up from school.

The witness did, but said Conner didn't seem distressed when she arrived. He was laughing and sitting with his friends, the witness said, and didn't mention anything about being bullied.

The witness also told investigators that about three weeks before the kids were found hanged, Snyder had come to her house and told her that she is depressed and can't get out of bed. She said Snyder said she does not care anymore about her kids.

Investigators also spoke to officials from the Kutztown School District, where Conner attended school. They found that Conner had below average visual motor skills and perceptual vision.

Because of that, a district official told investigators, it would be difficult for Conner to operate the clasp on the dog lead and to wrap it so evenly around the support beam. He also would have had trouble keeping his balance while standing on a chair.

Sadly for Connor school was most likely his only happy, and safe place he had.

I have long said the worst enemy most abused children will ever have to face growing up are from those who reside right inside of the homes with them. :(

Imo, there are countless more children right now who are living their own nightmarish hell inside of their homes behind closed doors.

Some of them will also become homicide victims if not saved. :(

Jmho

I’m so groggy this morning. I finally had to get up and take some sleeping medication during the night. My mind would not shut up! I kept thinking of her quotes listed in the affidavit. There’s always some truth contained in lies. I can’t stand that she made Connor carry those chairs down into the basement himself.

I read a lot of world news and am always shocked at the unfathomable violence from third world countries. Now, I read of acts from a so-called mother committing an act upon her own children and pets that I am incapable of processing without my blood pressure and heart rate rising. My God, what is the most favorable outcome possible from this tragedy?

Why does affidavit read as killer psycho mom omits/avoids speaking of Victim 1 daughter? Brinley is briefly mentioned when mom speaks of trying to lift her. That single ‘one-on-one’ interaction with seeing and touching Brinley is when her “anxiety spikes”. She starts to sweat profusely and can’t get the latch off. Imo, this is probably one of the few true portions of her statement. Did reality and panic hit her like a lightening bolt when she cowardly crept downstairs? Or is she too cold and black hearted for even the most basic human emotion of fear? Of love and emotional pain? When she saw her daughter ~ Brinley?

Per the affadavit, it seems that something happened on 9/15, that made her decide to kill her babies.

On 9/15 she tells 'Daddy' (barf. All the barf.) 'Kid problems. Major kid problems.'
On 9/16 she texts Witness1 that Conner is suicidal from the bullying.
On 9/17 she searches for how long death by carbon monoxide takes.

Did one of the kids see the photos? Something else? Or was the 15th just the day she decided she preferred daddy and the dog to her own kids?

Tried to put together a timeline based on the Affidavit:

Three Weeks prior to Sept 23 incident: Defendant came over and told Witness 1 and her mother that she is depressed and can't get out of bed and does not care anymore about her kids.
Sept 3 at 03:03 - text, "He's eating...."
Sept 3 at 03:05 - text, "He keeps moving..."
Sept 3 at 11:28 - photo with dog
Sept 3 at 21:23 - text, "He did good..."
Sept 15 at 23:29 - Text, "Sorry...kid problems"
Sept 15 at 23:30 - Text, "Major kid problems"
Sept 16 - Witness 1 received text message that Victim 2 was suicidal. Witness 1 said they picked up Victim 2 from school that day and he was fine, laughing and sitting with friends when picked up.
Sept 17 at 07:21 - Text, "Things are bad.... Bullying... I just wanna cry."
Sept 17 at 11:14 - Text, "Oh Daddy ... just took good pics for you..."
Sept 17 at 22:21 - internet search, "carbon monoxide in a car how long to die"
Sept 18 at 23:10 - Sent 2 pictures with the dog, another picture in lingerie
Sept 18 at 23:27 - Text, "He actually went for it..."
Sept 18 at 23:27 - Text, "Laying"
Sept 19 at 21:24 - Text, "You'll hopefully see Sunday"
Sept 19 at 21:25 - Text,"Just found out [] goes to work ... gonna be mom ... she's a when it comes to babysitting"
Sept 20 at 18:58 - internet search, ""almost got away with it" and "almost got away with it best episodes"
Sept 22 at 11:19am - internet search, "hanging yourself" and "short drop/simple suspension" describes effective way to hang someone
Sept 22 - placed order for dog lead online at Walmart
Sept 23 at 09:30 - online pick up of dog lead
Sept 23 at 11:27 - internet search, "do a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide"
Sept 23 at 11:28 - internet search, "do a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide while idling"
Sept 23 at 15:49 - Connor arrives home from school on the school bus (video)
Sept 23 at 16:30 - called 911 to report the hangings
Sept 23 - questioned about cell phone (*advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-2280), said she left it at the residence.
Sept 25 - provided police with new cell phone (*advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-8419) which was also used to place Walmart online order.
Oct 4 - defendant claims she lost Galaxy Note 9 phone, although 5 other cell phones were located, one which included 8419, the only activity started after Sept 23.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/dacopy0340countyofberks.com_20191202_121314.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back