Found Deceased Cameron Fontaine, 21, VSU Student, Car Located in Homerville,Ga., 18 May 2019

proctorelites

Reaction score
He was just at his parents May 16th. I always have a little fear in my heart when a college kid disappears. I've seen one meltdown, and dread going back to school. Idk what his situation is.
VSU student reported missing
Cameron is a Valdosta State University Student;
"...Cameron Fontaine, 21, was last seen on May 18. He was last seen in Clinch County near Homerville.

Fontaine’s car was found in Homerville on May 22 and he has not had any phone activity since May 18.

Lt. Teresa Miller, Crisp County Sheriff’s Office detective, said it is “unusual circumstances” for a 21-year-old not to be active on his pone.(sic)......"

Last edited:
Yeah, he was quite proud of that car, putting a thousand miles on it in 3 days. I just don't see him parking and leaving it. As far as money being put on his card, my friend used to do that with her daughter when she was in college without telling her. She didn't want her to get caught without. Hopefully one of his parents did that for him.

Yeah, he was quite proud of that car, putting a thousand miles on it in 3 days. I just don't see him parking and leaving it. As far as money being put on his card, my friend used to do that with her daughter when she was in college without telling her. She didn't want her to get caught without. Hopefully one of his parents did that for him.
That's exactly what I was thinking. My son received a $200 deposit, messaged me to ask, if I depsoited it & I had to break his heart amd tell him the bank must've made a mistake that time it was removed within a few hours too. We still dont know how that happened but, it does bring questions to my mind, of course. I wonder if he had plans to meet someone for the weekend?

That's actually a red flag to me, unless he was making planned long-distance trips.
That sounds like a lot more than just going out for joy rides.

Where, exactly, was his vehicle found?

Hope he's just out having himself an adventure somewhere.

JMO.

Last edited:
@GordianKnot I agree. He is a VSU student. From the articles I've read he went home to visit his parents and left May 17th (idk where his parents live), He "moved to Cordele Ga" which is 87 miles give or take from VSU. Where did he buy the car? Could that account for miles? Did he travel back & forth to VSU more than once a day bc of friends? Idk.
They found his car in Homerville, Ga. About 37 miles from VSU & 104 miles from Cordele (city he states he just moved to on his FB page). He was last seen May 18th (last Saturday) & all of his cell phone use stopped that date. The car was found in Homerville, Ga on May 22nd, Wednesday.
Edit for clarity

Last edited:
Any updates on cause of death in Cameron Fontaine case? His body was recovered in the county I live in (Clinch County, GA) and I'm hearing a local man was arrested on traffic violations & he had Fontaine's ID in his possession. Anybody else heard that?

Any updates on cause of death in Cameron Fontaine case? His body was recovered in the county I live in (Clinch County, GA) and I'm hearing a local man was arrested on traffic violations & he had Fontaine's ID in his possession. Anybody else heard that?
I did a google search on this and it doesn't give much info on this case. Did they ever tell the cause of death? Any other information at all?

Why was he so far from his car? Did the new car have some kind of mechanical problem?
when I didn't hear any more info I just assumed there was an outcome the family did not want to share so I left it. I feel more protective for them bc this isnt too far from me; even though I do not know them nor did I know Cameron, I do have a son in college around his age so I immediately wanted to help. Resolution was swift compared to some of the other MP cases I follow. I had the impression his family would be shouting frm roof tops if they werent satisfied with how the investigation is/was handled and I've heard nothing else on MSM.
Is the investigation closed or has the family received a valid explanation on cause and manner of death? I have no idea. I certainly hope so.

Prayers for Cameron's family & friends this holiday season. I know this is a difficult time.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back