KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my retirement funds are a lot stricter than the rest of you guys. Because NFW would anyone be able to withdraw money from my 401k without it being an ordeal. My IRA from my previous job is even giving me a hard time about changing my address without going through multiple hoops to prove it’s a legit change.

If someone tried to access her funds and move them elsewhere, there’d obviously be a record of where those funds were attempted to be moved to. I really think this is just another distraction in Andreas case.

Unsolicited advice. I’d tighten up your bank account security or flat out switch banks if you think a beneficiary or anyone else can easily access your current account information.

I guess my retirement funds are a lot stricter than the rest of you guys. Because NFW would anyone be able to withdraw money from my 401k without it being an ordeal. My IRA from my previous job is even giving me a hard time about changing my address without going through multiple hoops to prove it’s a legit change.

If someone tried to access her funds and move them elsewhere, there’d obviously be a record of where those funds were attempted to be moved to. I really think this is just another distraction in Andreas case.

Unsolicited advice. I’d tighten up your bank account security or flat out switch banks if you think a beneficiary or anyone else can easily access your current account information.

That's probably why they were tipped off... someone tried accessing the account fraudulently.
The 401k issue isn't new info to PI, just the public.
So Andrea could have clicked on a phishing email months before she went missing.
Who knows.

What was the 401k activity? An attempted withdrawal? Capital gains? Employer match? Automatic rebalance? Without more info, “401k activity” seems kind of insignificant to me. I handle my small company’s payroll and 401k, so I only know what I know. But I’m not sure what kind of 401k activity can’t be immediately figured out.

unfortunately, I don’t think Andrea is still alive. I give props to the PI for continuing to look into Andreas case, but I feel like a lot of things could be very easily answered. The info they’ve chose to withhold and then later release doesn’t sit well with me.

Perhaps the sister she was living with could fill in some blanks?

AFAIK, Erin is the only sister speaking out publicly.

It is very very odd that her other sister has not helped search or has pleaded for her safe return.

The phone still pinging at the house at 6:31 am is throwing me off.

In the October 23 article of the Courier Journal, TL says that Andrea was locked out of the house after an argument.

So did she just linger around for 5 hours?

I think that whatever happened, happened at that house. Jmo

Oh, and her other sister's boyfriend, EB told other investigators that he has been cleared but the Louisville PD said they could not comment on the matter.

In the October 23 article of the Courier Journal, TL says that Andrea was locked out of the house after an argument.

Oh, and her other sister's boyfriend, EB told other investigators that he has been cleared but the Louisville PD said they could not comment on the matter.

didn’t she sleep in her car for a bit when she couldn’t get into the house? The 630 AM ping is definitely a question mark. ITA with you that something happened at that house.

I can’t keep things straight with this case (to be fair, the people who actually know Andrea can’t seem to either) So apologies in advance if this has been cleared up. Did they ever say why Andrea didn’t have a key to the house she was living in?

I can’t keep things straight with this case (to be fair, the people who actually know Andrea can’t seem to either) So apologies in advance if this has been cleared up. Did they ever say why Andrea didn’t have a key to the house she was living in?

On one of the FB pages, it was stated by either TL ir Erin that her other sister and boyfriend changed the locks on the house.

Interesting that they spent 4 and 1/2 hours with him though....

Investigators looking for Andrea Knabel seek vehicle 'stalking' sister's house, dad says

“Authorities are also looking into a possible lead related to activity from a 401(k) account, Mike Knabel added.”

I noticed the article stated “a” 401(k) account, not “Andrea’s” or “her”.
Investigators looking for Andrea Knabel seek vehicle 'stalking' sister's house, dad says

“Authorities are also looking into a possible lead related to activity from a 401(k) account, Mike Knabel added.”

I noticed the article stated “a” 401(k) account, not “Andrea’s” or “her”.
Good catch. I’m behind. Do we have an official statement regarding the 401k? tia.

***dated 11/29/19
He says the Cajun Coast Search & Rescue K9 team from Louisianais planning to return to Louisville next week to once again search for Andrea. Knabel said the only indication the family has had so far that Andrea could still be alive came from the group's K9 while searching in southern Indiana.

LMPD looking for suspicious car in connection with woman missing since August

***dated 11/04/19
On Nov. 3, Cajun Coast Search and Rescue -- a professional K-9 unit out of Louisiana -- arrived in Louisville to begin helping with the search. The group searched most of Sunday afternoon, and started again around 9:30 Monday morning. Andrea's family members and other volunteers were also taking part.

"Right now the dog is basically looking for any human scent, whether it's living or deceased," said Cajun Coast Search and Rescue's commander Toney Wade.

On Monday, he and his K-9 were focusing their search for Knabel on a wooded area near Audubon Hospital.
Search group from Louisiana joins crews looking for missing Louisville mother

On one of the FB pages, it was stated by either TL ir Erin that her other sister and boyfriend changed the locks on the house.

Thank you both for the refresher, I appreciate it. When did they change the locks, like the same day she went missing?? Idk, this whole thing is so sketch. My sister and I have a bumpy relationship, and it was the worst during her drug days. The only way I could see myself changing the locks would be if her drug related behavior was out of control (stealing, rash behavior, aggression, etc). What prompted them to change the locks? What was going on? It’s been months, at this point Andreas family/friends needs to cut the crap and be open about any vices, if she had any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member