IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I do know that those facts DO appear to be the case, but his ridiculously stupid "accident" seem to me to be just the opposite. Actions speak louder than words. Just remember Chris Watts appeared to be a loving and involved father. No one could have foreseen what he ended up doing to his children. I'm just not convinced that anyone could be as completely careless to the degree SA was and have it be accidental. JMOO

I think he could have been engaged in a form of child abuse by pretending to push her out the window and scaring her when he accidentally dropped her. It wouldn't make it murder, but he would have been acting maliciously. Standing up Chloe on a rail and leaning towards/out an open window must have freaked her out so he had to sit her down and did it all over again where she again freaked out. Him rocking back and forth with Chloe doesn't make sense for glass banging, which we already we know he's lied about that, just I don't think it's in him to own up to what he was doing, especially if he was doing something like that.

"Nobody tells ME what to do!"

I can definitely see that mindset at work in this situation. IMO, I'll add that his multiple seat belt infractions might indicate another, ingrained trait more dangerous than just failing to wear a seat belt: Lack of situational awareness and/or very poor attention to detail.

For instance, after I receive a citation for a moving violation, I become hyper-aware and ultra observant whenever I find myself in a situation where it could happen again. Of course, that is after I make a vow to change the behavior that got me in trouble the first time. So, I'll make sure I observe all traffic laws, while keeping my eyes peeled for law enforcement vehicles. I'll ask my friends and family to remind me to wear my seat belt, and encourage them to be more vigilant, as well.

If lack of situational awareness is a personality trait, it tends to rear its head in all situations. Repeated violations for not wearing a seat belt are a relatively trivial consequence of not paying attention to the world (and its hazards) around you. Failure to be reasonably aware of your surroundings can lead to unintended tragic consequences, too.

All IMO

There are also some people who intentionally don’t wear their seat belt. I had a neighbor who did because of a family members fatal car accident while wearing one. They couldn’t grasp that some crashes are simply unsurvivable.

I post. Then immediately see a shadow copy just under the post I just posted. I delete that completely. The shadow one.
No more double post. That’s been going on for awhile.

Yes, the shadow post appears in the text box. So it saves as a draft and then you think it didn’t post when it did.

I think he could have been engaged in a form of child abuse by pretending to push her out the window and scaring her when he accidentally dropped her. It wouldn't make it murder, but he would have been acting maliciously. Standing up Chloe on a rail and leaning towards/out an open window must have freaked her out so he had to sit her down and did it all over again where she again freaked out. Him rocking back and forth with Chloe doesn't make sense for glass banging, which we already we know he's lied about that, just I don't think it's in him to own up to what he was doing, especially if he was doing something like that.
Oh yes, I’ve known people like that who have a cruel, abusive sense of humor. Always at the expense of others, they think it’s so funny and get their kicks out of frightening people, regardless of the risk they might be taking.
And children are the easiest most vulnerable targets.

There was absolutely no reason for him to risk that baby’s life by putting her up there, but he did it anyway. All just to satisfy his own warped, sadistic sense of humor and entertainment. He makes me sick.

Is it true that the cruise ship security wear body cams?

I’ve never been on a cruise so I’m just learning all of this now.
the last cruise I was on - summer of 2018 I did not recall noticing this - I will check in a few weeks and another sleuther is going next week/ we are taking our tape measures.....

If the videos are clear enough, they may show whether the breeze could be felt. Chloe was wearing her white hat, which would move in the wind. The Royal Carribean blog that was linked here has cruisers saying that the breeze is definitely there, even when the ship is docked.

Freedom of the Seas Fatality?

There is usually a noticeable breeze - I'd even call it windy - on the upper open decks of a cruise ship even if the vessel is not moving. I really don't know how SA can say that he didn't realize the window was open :rolleyes:

If the videos are clear enough, they may show whether the breeze could be felt. Chloe was wearing her white hat, which would move in the wind. The Royal Carribean blog that was linked here has cruisers saying that the breeze is definitely there, even when
the ship is docked.

Freedom of the Seas Fatality?
A poster said the winds were 12 mph that day.
I thought the same about the floppy hat in the wind. Does anyone think the wind, her light weight, her hat, her biggish head contributed to her being swept away? Sort of like the G-forces at work on light weight people who have fallen from roller coasters. I wonder if the 30 second time frame of the incident has any significance? If she sat on the railing longer, maybe it would have been caught on cameras and ship security would have told SA to take her off the railing?

the last cruise I was on - summer of 2018 I did not recall noticing this - I will check in a few weeks and another sleuther is going next week/ we are taking our tape measures.....

Tape measures, hammers, nails, ladder and other useless implements of destruction :D

I’ve never notice body cams

064C00EC-EDCB-477E-9F6F-9ABB0683A952.jpeg

I’m ready. :D

Last edited:
Tape measures, hammers, nails, ladder and other useless implements of destruction :D

I’ve never notice body cams

View attachment 218622

I’m ready. :D
My tape measure is teeny tiny but I’m also working on using my iPhone as a tape measure - we can compare to see how different the ships are on deck 11 - I’m thinking we test at the middle window because the middle is always the middle despite the size of the ship right ?

I thought the same about the floppy hat in the wind. Does anyone think the wind, her light weight, her hat, her biggish head contributed to her being swept away? Sort of like the G-forces at work on light weight people who have fallen from roller coasters. I wonder if the 30 second time frame of the incident has any significance? If she sat on the railing longer, maybe it would have been caught on cameras and ship security would have told SA to take her off the railing?
I think it’s possible there may have been a warning IMO- I’m considering that - it’s what I would do if I saw it happening

A breeze coming through a window of one of those big ships is funneled as it hits a ‘wall’ and a window is the only way through.
I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member