Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think holding back info initially works, but at this point, 2 years later, the details should come out. I stronly believe the cause of death will help trigger memories, maybe someone saw rope, a knife, etc in their house, or in a mans jacket they live with, and thought nothing of it. Maybe if we knew the COD, these memories could be triggered.

At this point, LE should let everything they know out. JMO.

it might be a totally different instrument (((

Well, I just found the WapTek1 YouTube video mentioned earlier. Actually two or three of them. I really find the guy difficult to follow, but then I don't have much knowledge of video data so that is probably more about me than him.

He does seem to believe LE is in over their heads on this case and sometimes I feel that way. We are coming up on 3 years. I noted the case of Teresa Butler where there was a recent arrest after over a decade and it turned out that LE knew who did it within 48 hours, but didn't have enough evidence to get a conviction. But here, LE has said they HAVE enough evidence for a conviction already. So obviously they just need a suspect.

I am curious how long the footage of the Bridge Predator there is on the phone that has not been released. Obviously we won't know until the police decide to release more to the public. Any idea of the distance she was standing from the Predator while filming? Is that why the image is so blurry? or was this a close up shot from a distance that led it to blur?

Have the police dismissed Paul Etter as a suspect? If so, do we know the reasons why? The population in Delphi is around 3,000, so I am curious if the offender is actually hiding in plain sight or not? It would seem by now, a local would recognize someone even though the video/photo evidence isn't as clear as one would like. Perhaps someone from one of the 12 cities within 15 miles of Delphi is responsible? It would appear to be someone that new the area and that people walked those trails and due to the isolation of the area, would recognize this to be an easy place to find a victim.

I don’t know that LE has ever said how close they were to BG during the filming, but if I were to guess I would say they were pretty far away based on how blurry it is.

There is more footage, or at the very least more audio, but it’s uncertain how graphic it is. MOO this is one of the reasons LE hasn’t released more of it to the public. That being said, if there is more that could be released that isn’t graphic, and it hasn’t, I don’t know there reasoning why.

Iirc, LE requested PE’s DNA. As far as ruling him out, I don’t know, though I believe they have said they haven’t ruled out anyone. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I do believe he’s hiding in plain sight. Whether or not he’s hiding in Delphi remains to be seen, but MOO he is local at least. My thinking, if this person is a transient, wouldn’t it be easier to do what he did in a big city? If this was a random attack, meaning Abby and Libby were not targeted specifically, would it not have been easier for him to commit the crime in a city where there are easier targets? Why choose Delphi? If he wasn’t local or somehow connected to the community, why would Delphi even be on his radar? I hadn’t even heard of the place prior to this case, and my guess is that most people who aren’t local hadn’t either.

People who have been on the bridge have said it isn’t necessarily easy to walk on. BG appears to walk on it pretty easily, which indicates to me that this is someone who has had practice crossing the bridge, possibly multiple times, and perhaps since he was a child.

Well, I just found the WapTek1 YouTube video mentioned earlier. Actually two or three of them. I really find the guy difficult to follow, but then I don't have much knowledge of video data so that is probably more about me than him.

He does seem to believe LE is in over their heads on this case and sometimes I feel that way. We are coming up on 3 years. I noted the case of Teresa Butler where there was a recent arrest after over a decade and it turned out that LE knew who did it within 48 hours, but didn't have enough evidence to get a conviction. But here, LE has said they HAVE enough evidence for a conviction already. So obviously they just need a suspect.

My confusion is with the last statement. If they have enough evidence, would that evidence not include a link to a suspect?

I am curious how long the footage of the Bridge Predator there is on the phone that has not been released. Obviously we won't know until the police decide to release more to the public. Any idea of the distance she was standing from the Predator while filming? Is that why the image is so blurry? or was this a close up shot from a distance that led it to blur?

Have the police dismissed Paul Etter as a suspect? If so, do we know the reasons why? The population in Delphi is around 3,000, so I am curious if the offender is actually hiding in plain sight or not? It would seem by now, a local would recognize someone even though the video/photo evidence isn't as clear as one would like. Perhaps someone from one of the 12 cities within 15 miles of Delphi is responsible? It would appear to be someone that new the area and that people walked those trails and due to the isolation of the area, would recognize this to be an easy place to find a victim.

Approximately 70 feet is the distance between Libby and the suspect:

I think holding back info initially works, but at this point, 2 years later, the details should come out. I stronly believe the cause of death will help trigger memories, maybe someone saw rope, a knife, etc in their house, or in a mans jacket they live with, and thought nothing of it. Maybe if we knew the COD, these memories could be triggered.

At this point, LE should let everything they know out. JMO.
I wonder if at this point, years later, revealing COD would bring about false memories through the power of suggestion.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

@Falcon500

"What department has the lead in this case (in charge)? What other departments are assisting. By “assisting” I mean detectives who do nothing else but work on the case.

How many detectives are on the task force and where is the command post?"

Indiana State Police (Supt. Doug Carter) is probably in charge. Other departments: Delphi Police Department (Chief Steve Mullin) and Carroll County Sheriff’s Dept (Sheriff Tobe Leazenby). The FBI was involved from the start but now they may only be dealing with tips relating to persons outside Carroll County.

As at June 25, 2017 they were down to 11 investigators. No updated details have been provided since.

My suspicion is that this case is on the brink of being marked “Suspended pending further information”.

Your opinion would be much appreciated re what stage you think things are now.

Especially with her rumored interest in forensics, hoping she was well versed in "fingernail evidence" even in her young innocence!

it all depends on how expected was attack. From what I have read, SK would kill fast, and often attack from the back. Libby was very smart, but young and had no experience with SKs. She might have never had the time to know what really happened.

it all depends on how expected was attack. From what I have read, SK would kill fast, and often attack from the back. Libby was very smart, but young and had no experience with SKs. She might have never had the time to know what really happened.

:(

(Making note of weird link error on Timeline 1 ftr - got too many windows open atm)

ETA: I’ll be darned. One article in the Timeline 1 and Timeline 4 (purple) has changed titles and content to “How to save valuable time if your child is missing” or something like that...I wonder which article went “poof”? Links here must be active and dynamic or whatever the word is for them)

Last edited:
Quote:
[B]@JohnnyChicago[/B] said:
“Have the police dismissed Paul Etter as a suspect? If so, do we know the reasons why? The population in Delphi is around 3,000, so I am curious if the offender is actually hiding in plain sight or not? It would seem by now, a local would recognize someone even though the video/photo evidence isn't as clear as one would like. Perhaps someone from one of the 12 cities within 15 miles of Delphi is responsible?
I am about 6 hours into researching this case, so it is all pretty new to me. Looking forward to any further recommendations.”

——

Welcome @JohnnyChicago :)

I've been working more on the trail killer grid. It seems if the perpetrator has a serious mental illness they are not inclined to commit a sexual assault during these trail attacks.

Attachments

• trail killer grid.JPG
    trail killer grid.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 33
"At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” Holeman said in August 2017.
Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby

From the April presser.....

"the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

"We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here."

Then this....
"Directly to the Killer,
who may be in this room:
We believe you were hiding in plain sight.
For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy"

Did they really think the killer was in that room?

If he's hiding in plain sight, that means to me he hasn't "run for the hills". IOW, he's carrying on in life in a relatively normal manner.

But even moreso, I've been wondering.....

Why would the killer be comfy in knowing LE would never shift gears to another investigative strategy?

So you have a video, (including footage we have yet to see), at least some voice recording, possibly more, some DNA, a sketch you are confident in, along with who knows what else evidence in the safe, the statements referenced above, which to me, are pretty revealing, and yet, no arrest.

Finally, and this my opinion, and MOO, I still think there is more than one person involved in this mess. :)

carry on.

The only thing I can think of is that the killer was confident he could not be recognised from the video recording. Until LE put out the new sketch.

I totally agree with you. I wish I was wealthy the whole world and their Mother would know about this case in the United States if I had my way. We need spots on The View, Good Morning America, billboards in around highways in Indiana and surrounding states and more.

Yes. I could not agree more.
I was reading about Molly Bish case.

How many shows featured it!

Don’t the Delphi girls deserve the same?

Death of Molly Bish - Wikipedia

Media Timeline 5 / Abby & Libby
Articles by FOX59
Feb. 14, 2017 - Oct. 24, 2019

Authorities, family continue searching for missing Carroll County teens
FEBRUARY 14, 2017

Autopsies scheduled for 2 bodies found during search for missing Carroll County teens
FEBRUARY 14, 2017

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing
FEBRUARY 15, 2017

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi
FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Funeral arrangements set for Delphi teens
FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Delphi man shows FOX 59 the crime scene where searcher made the discovery of two missing teens’ bodies
FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Retired homicide investigator offers insights into how Delphi double murder case might be solved
FEBRUARY 17, 2017

Man photographed on trail now officially a suspect in murders of Delphi teens
FEBRUARY 19, 2017

UPDATE: Police say photo of suspect in Delphi homicides came from teen’s phone; audio released of man’s voice
FEBRUARY 21, 2017

Desperate for Answers: Families of unsolved cases using psychics in hopes for clues
FEBRUARY 22, 2017

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

FBI takes over for Delphi call center in double murder investigation
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

FBI launches digital billboard campaign in search for killer of Delphi teens
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

Carroll County sheriff discusses Delphi murder investigation, says DNA evidence ‘fast-tracked’
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

Investigators receive 3,900 tips in murder of Delphi teens; reward increases to $50,000
FEBRUARY 23, 2017

FBI searches Peru home regarding Delphi homicides, nothing found
FEBRUARY 25, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: State Police Superintendent: “Frustration high, professionalism even higher”
FEBRUARY 26, 2017

Donations from Pat McAfee, Jim Irsay bring Delphi reward to $200,000
MARCH 1, 2017

Grandparents of murdered Delphi teen leave emotional note at police headquarters
MARCH 1, 2017

Residents can pick up orange light bulbs to ‘light up Delphi’ as tribute to murder victims
MARCH 2, 2017

Delphi investigators grateful for community outreach
MARCH 2, 2017

Grandfather of slain Delphi teen: ‘It’s the small things that seem to hurt the most’
MARCH 9, 2017

Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation
MARCH 13, 2017

Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe
MARCH 14, 2017

Authorities serve search warrant in connection with Delphi murder case
MARCH 17, 2017

Family member of murdered Delphi teen, Abby Williams, speaks out for first time
MARCH 22, 2017

Authorities begin ‘normalization’ process in Delphi double homicide investigation
MARCH 24, 2017

Abby Williams’ mom: ‘These girls were the most precious gifts we had’
MARCH 25, 2017

Owner of Delphi murder site admits to driving to county dump on day of teens’ killings
APRIL 3, 2017

Families of Delphi murder victims unveil plans for honorary softball fields, fundraiser
APRIL 27, 2017

Facebook / APRIL 27, 2017:

Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams
JULY 17, 2017

Facebook / JULY 17, 2017

Sketch of Delphi teens’ suspected killer draws surge of tips
JULY 19, 2017

Tip in Delphi double homicide leads to arrest in decade-old cold case
AUGUST 4, 2017

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests
AUGUST 4, 2017

FBI sketch spurs 6,000 tips in slayings of 2 Indiana girls
AUGUST 13, 2017

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence
AUGUST 14, 2017

Delphi double murder unsolved, six months later
AUGUST 14, 2017

Time stands still for families of Delphi victims 6 months after murders
AUGUST 14, 2017

Person of interest in Delphi murders was living homeless in Indiana the same week girls’ bodies were found, police say
SEPTEMBER 29, 2017

Family says sketch of Delphi suspect resembles new ‘person of interest’
OCTOBER 3, 2017

Wife of person of interest in Delphi murders says Daniel Nations watched news coverage
OCTOBER 11, 2017

Base of operations for Delphi homicide investigation moves back to City Hall
JANUARY 8, 2018

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens
FEBRUARY 13, 2018

Murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi remain unsolved 1 year later, but case far from ‘cold’
FEBRUARY 13, 2018

Trail improvements planned and funded, 1 year after Delphi double murder
FEBRUARY 14, 2018

Libby German’s mother holds ‘Light the Night for Libby’ vigil
FEBRUARY 15, 2018

Answers remain elusive 2 years after murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

Investigation ongoing 2 years after Abby Williams, Libby German killed in Delphi
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

Anna Williams discusses loss of daughter on Delphi 2-year anniversary
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

Delphi community trying to heal 2 years after murders of Abby Williams and Libby German
FEBRUARY 13, 2019

Vigil honors Libby German and Abby Williams 2 years after Delphi murders
FEBRUARY 14, 2019

Anna Williams’ birthday wish is to raise funds for Abby and Libby Memorial Park in Delphi
MARCH 6, 2019

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens
MARCH 29, 2019

‘Significant news’ to be announced in Delphi murders as investigation moves in ‘new direction’
APRIL 19, 2019

Mother of murdered Delphi teen ‘cautiously hopeful’ ahead of Monday’s news conference
APRIL 21, 2019

‘We also believe this person is from Delphi’: Police release new sketch, additional information in Delphi murder investigation
APRIL 22, 2019

Facebook / APRIL 22, 2019

FOX59 News

Former FBI, IMPD investigators explain how new sketch in Delphi murders could help solve case
APRIL 22, 2019

Crime Stoppers tip expert discusses what to look for when analyzing Delphi sketch, audio
APRIL 23, 2019

Police sort through more than 1,000 tips after releasing new information in Delphi murders
APRIL 23, 2019

Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says
APRIL 23, 2019

Delphi community could be experiencing psychological impacts: ‘Grief is multi-dimensional’
APRIL 23, 2019

Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation
APRIL 24, 2019

Libby German’s sister forms friendship with sister of Golden State Killer victim
APRIL 29, 2019

Police remind public not to post side-by-side suspect sketch comparisons
APRIL 30, 2019

Police have received more than 42,000 tips in investigation into murders of Delphi teens
MAY 6, 2019

Family of Delphi murder victims speak out for first time since release of new evidence
JUNE 20, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim takes to YouTube to dispel rumors, defend family
JULY 10, 2019

Fundraising goal met for memorial park honoring Delphi teens
JULY 16, 2019

6 months after new sketch released on Delphi murder suspect
OCTOBER 24, 2019

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

@Falcon500

"What department has the lead in this case (in charge)? What other departments are assisting. By “assisting” I mean detectives who do nothing else but work on the case.

How many detectives are on the task force and where is the command post?"

Indiana State Police (Supt. Doug Carter) is probably in charge. Other departments: Delphi Police Department (Chief Steve Mullin) and Carroll County Sheriff’s Dept (Sheriff Tobe Leazenby). The FBI was involved from the start but now they may only be dealing with tips relating to persons outside Carroll County.

As at June 25, 2017 they were down to 11 investigators. No updated details have been provided since.

My suspicion is that this case is on the brink of being marked “Suspended pending further information”.

Your opinion would be much appreciated re what stage you think things are now.

Personally, I think it is cold.

I don’t believe the LE is protecting anyone and hence hindering the case. In short, I think LE is honest.

However, I believe that there is a huge ego factor at play. The unwillingness to release more information has to do with the fact that more information will lead to more hard questions and criticism. ISP doesn’t want to be scrutinized re: the way this case was handled.

They are trying to avoid harsh criticism, and it is not productive. MOO.

Interesting in reading about this case, one article said the Bishs have their own private investigator.

interesting. Warren is in Worcester county, and I lived in Worcester and near to it. Trust me, no Palm Beach. There are many towns in MA starting with W, and Weston, for example, is super affluent, but Warren is another country town with unemployment rate of 22%. It doesn’t mean that someone there can not afford a PI.

But I think if Delphi case goes on national TV with a dedicated drive for funds to use for Parabon, or for a PI, or anything to catch the killer, it will work.

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.
Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe

wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member