TX TX - Janice Kay Carroll, 33, Dallas, 18 July 1975

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Janice Kay Carroll
Female
White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact: July 18, 1975
Missing From: Dallas, Texas
Missing Age: 33 Years
Current Age: 77 Years

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age: 33 Years
Current Age: 77 Years
First Name: Janice
Middle Name: Kay
Last Name: Carroll
Nickname/Alias: --

Sex: Female
Height 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight 115 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: July 18, 1975
NamUs Case Created: October 23, 2019

Last Known Location Map
County: Dallas County

Circumstances of Disappearance:
The MP had been involved in an argument with her husband and according to him he left the residence afterwards. When he returned she was not at the residence. Her vehicle was also missing and found 2 years later in Waco, TX.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description: --
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Additional Case Info

Transportation
No Information Entered

Janice Kay Carroll – The Charley Project

carroll_janice.jpg
carroll_janice2.jpg

• Missing Since 07/18/1975
  • Missing From Dallas, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 33 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Carroll's nickname is Jan. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Carroll was last seen in Dallas, Texas on July 18, 1975. Her husband stated they were in an argument and he left the residence, and when he returned she was gone. She has never been heard from again.

Two years later, Carroll's 1973 car was found abandoned about a hundred miles away in the parking lot of the Flagship Apartments in the 900 block of Baylor, near Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Based on a flier found under the car windshield, authorities determined it had been parked there since October 1975, three months after Carroll disappeared. There was nothing in the car to indicate her whereabouts, but she had several friends in Waco.

Prior to her disappearance, Carroll had worked for the First National Bank of Dallas for ten years. She's described as a person of regular habits and it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.

Janice Kay “Jan” Johnson Carroll
Date of Birth: January 7, 1942
Place of Birth: Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, USA
Date of Death: April 12, 1978 (Texas, USA)
Janice Kay “Jan” Johnson Carroll (1942-1978) -...

CF0B2BC9-FD95-4C30-9E3F-CFD636E41D4B.jpeg
Name: Janice Johnson
Yearbook Date: 1957
School: Jefferson High School
School Location: Dallas, Texas

320570F0-9D8D-4A6C-AF94-3ADBABB33D0C.jpeg 21E79AFA-3705-4E72-91BA-2049DBDA53C4.jpeg
Yearbook Date: 1958

54A86ED5-A2D4-4077-8657-D622621A2C2B.jpeg 9149431A-805D-49A9-95A8-3B8FCDF97FFE.jpeg EEF606F8-7B56-40C3-81F8-F3770A46FF57.jpeg
Yearbook Date: 1959

Slightly different information , mention of softball game and friends in Waco
upload_2019-12-18_13-16-19.jpeg

Slightly different information , mention of softball game and friends in Waco
View attachment 220898
I wonder what, if anything, the friends know...or, better yet, if they were at least questioned. And I thought I read it wrong the first time but now I’m thinking it did actually say, her 1973 model car was found in Waco two years after her disappearance? So, in 1977?

I couldn’t find the Flagship Apartments (not under that name) and “the 900 block of Baylor” is vague...but out of curiosity I entered a random ‘900 Baylor’ address to see what was there now. Didn’t help tremendously and I didn’t take the time to see what buildings/streets may have changed since 1975-1977, but it did help put the general location into better perspective.

The first image is a close up of the general area (according to my best estimate) - the body of water seen at the top of this image is the Brazos River. And the second image is the Waco location in relation to Dallas.
9142ECC9-4488-4C90-9C88-4717E01C3128.jpeg 82E56B84-6FEE-46CA-AF05-1F101A2D8AB0.jpeg
For anyone not familiar with the area, Interstate 35 runs directly through both cities. According to *my estimated location* of where her car was found, it’s within a couple of blocks of I-35.

So that would be a convenient spot to dump her car in just about any possible scenario; her, a stranger, someone she knew... I-35 is not lacking in traffic, day or night.

I don’t understand how a flier (I’m assuming they were still made of paper then) managed to stay on a windshield for TWO years? And her car went unnoticed for that long? At an apartment complex? The only thing I could figure is if it were in a parking garage of sorts. It looks like there may be a couple of parking structures around that area (today)... A little odd though. JMOO

I wonder what, if anything, the friends know...or, better yet, if they were at least questioned. And I thought I read it wrong the first time but now I’m thinking it did actually say, her 1973 model car was found in Waco two years after her disappearance? So, in 1977?

I couldn’t find the Flagship Apartments (not under that name) and “the 900 block of Baylor” is vague...but out of curiosity I entered a random ‘900 Baylor’ address to see what was there now. Didn’t help tremendously and I didn’t take the time to see what buildings/streets may have changed since 1975-1977, but it did help put the general location into better perspective.

The first image is a close up of the general area (according to my best estimate) - the body of water seen at the top of this image is the Brazos River. And the second image is the Waco location in relation to Dallas.
View attachment 221478 View attachment 221477
For anyone not familiar with the area, Interstate 35 runs directly through both cities. According to *my estimated location* of where her car was found, it’s within a couple of blocks of I-35.

So that would be a convenient spot to dump her car in just about any possible scenario; her, a stranger, someone she knew... I-35 is not lacking in traffic, day or night.

I don’t understand how a flier (I’m assuming they were still made of paper then) managed to stay on a windshield for TWO years? And her car went unnoticed for that long? At an apartment complex? The only thing I could figure is if it were in a parking garage of sorts. It looks like there may be a couple of parking structures around that area (today)... A little odd though. JMOO

From 1974

upload_2022-1-28_10-10-42.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502