Found Deceased NJ - Stephanie Parze, 25, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, 30 Oct 2019 *murderer commited suicide

Just checking in with the group here. Not much to report. The (organized) search tomorrow (Sunday) is canceled due to expected weather. The search today was in Staten Island, and yesterday was in Old Bridge, NJ.

I spoke for a bit with Stephanie's father, Ed. I was relieved when he said that LE was very involved still, and in fact the Monmouth County prosecutor's office has an advocate for the family and even the detectives came to the family home for Thanksgiving. They are all working very hard and it seems they care very much for the family which isn't a hard thing to do, as they are all so likeable.

The search locations are said to be based on tips and other data. I feel that it doesn't make sense to try and get more information because I truly sense that the locations we search are based on very informed analysis by detectives and people who care deeply about the family. That's good enough for me and we just search where we're told.

The searches are very well attended and I think I'm going to start pacing myself and being useful in areas I can be most useful. Which for me means that I am best suited to going out there when its freezing cold, and when they need people to go through thorny areas and difficult terrain. I wear duck canvass (Carharts) that aren't made from duck of course, but are more like sail cloth. I can just walk into thorn bushes and plow through them. They don't penetrate the clothing. I also have river waders -- one piece overalls that have boots attached. Plus a little kayak. Plus a ridiculous amount of chutzpah. So I'll step in when the crowds thin out, or maybe go on more difficult searches.

As for prospects, there has been a lot of confusion over where the cell phone "pinged". A family member says JO's phone never "pinged" in Staten Island. But someone else has said there was a long black-out period where the phone was turned off and when the phone turned back on, it showed in Staten Island. Maybe that is different than a "ping" and everyone is just using different terminology. Because....there has been a lot of searching going on by law enforcement in Staten Island, including dogs, in a specific area (Long Pond Park). I can't imagine that they are only searching there "because JO knows a lot of wooded places and that area is where he used to live/work". So I'm sure there is a connection. Maybe there was concern that nobody would help search in New Jersey near SP's home if everyone thought the ping was only Staten Island. In any event, the family was able to see that people were not deterred from searching in New Jersey and at this point, the father (Ed) has said that he feels a lot of ground was covered in NJ and of course he organized today's search which was in Staten Island, not NJ.

Lots of varying facts, and at a certain point, people have stopped speculating because we all realize there are so many different facts flying around and we are going to search anywhere that makes sense so we don't need to know more. For example, one version going around was that JO was seen by a neighbor taking out the garbage in the morning/late morning at SP's home and that he told detectives he was there with her but then SP left for work late; she was "running late" for her job (as a nanny). Of course, that is not likely true as there are no reports of car accidents between her house and her job, yet she never arrived there and her phone never even left her house. But that could mean that JO could have taken SP somewhere local early in the morning and maybe that's why we were searching so much in NJ.

I know it's tempting to read into what I've said and find a new "fact" to form an opinion on about what happened. I understand that feeling, of course, that's why we are all on here and why I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying (on here) trying to figure out what was happening before they find poor Caylee Anthony. But in this instance, I think we have even more skewed versions of facts, so it doesn't make sense to try and formulate scenarios because every time one is created, the underlying fact turns out to be false.

We all have the space in our brain we want to use to make sense of missing persons cases, so I have been using mine to try and think about scenarios where SP could still be alive. I'm fairly certain she could not have left voluntarily. And it's hard to imagine she was trafficked somewhere because it's hard to go anywhere these days and escape detection. At least for a month. And then there's the suicide. I don't know if he'd have done that just because he had images of child *advertiser censored* on his phone. As shocking as it is, there are many people who have researched child *advertiser censored*, even just out of curiosity and he could have avoided embarrassment/shame by giving an excuse like that even if it wasn't true. So, yeah, the suicide was probably not an attempt to avoid prosecution on charges that didn't even involve his personally procuring the *advertiser censored* or trafficking the children in the images/videos. So...that pesky area of my brain that needs to be useful has been working harder to find scenarios that end with SP still being alive. But I'm trying. And I'm occupying it with search logistics, mapping, etc. And searching, donating, trying to help where I can.

That's all I got. Good night.

For what it’s worth, I live near Asbury Park, NJ. Several days ago, I was convinced I left my phone someplace between AP and Belmar. When I did the “find my iPhone” app from my SO’s phone within our residence, the phone pinged as accessing my phone’s iCloud from Hershey PA; somewhere we haven’t been in at least 2 years! My phone was in our home in the linen closet ... but we were connected to LTE, not WiFi .. so since this experience I have become skeptical to cell phone tower data... also. Have you ever noticed when you’re in Asbury Park but you check “weather” using current location and it provides Avon By The Sea weather data..? Sure, it’s close enough to identify weather , but in a murder investigation, this could make all the difference. I’m assuming LE is more sophisticated than me, but still gives me pause.

For what it’s worth, I live near Asbury Park, NJ. Several days ago, I was convinced I left my phone someplace between AP and Belmar. When I did the “find my iPhone” app from my SO’s phone within our residence, the phone pinged as accessing my phone’s iCloud from Hershey PA; somewhere we haven’t been in at least 2 years! My phone was in our home in the linen closet ... but we were connected to LTE, not WiFi .. so since this experience I have become skeptical to cell phone tower data... also. Have you ever noticed when you’re in Asbury Park but you check “weather” using current location and it provides Avon By The Sea weather data..? Sure, it’s close enough to identify weather , but in a murder investigation, this could make all the difference. I’m assuming LE is more sophisticated than me, but still gives me pause.

Welcome.. I got a kick out of your username as a now Benny who grew up in Monmouth county. I think LE can ping cell towers which would be more accurate than phone apps.

i think it depends on how the website determines your location and many times it's via the device IP address. the IP is not given based on specific cell tower but the router of your service provider that acts as DHCP router and assigns the address. so often times it's the location of the DHCP router or more specifically the known area of the assigned IP address. I live near tucson but the IP address is assigned from a router in phoenix and comes from an IP address block in phoenix. hence i get a lot of phoenix weather and local news. google uses a combination of IP, gps, wifi,cell tower to find a lost phone and i'm really surprised that apple seems to be using just IP, that's weird.

Second that , much appreciated gives us all an excellent view of what's happening there. Many Thanks Praying there are signs out there to help find Stephanie. We are out her praying for all of you searching and for her wonderful family and friends. MOO

i think it depends on how the website determines your location and many times it's via the device IP address. the IP is not given based on specific cell tower but the router of your service provider that acts as DHCP router and assigns the address. so often times it's the location of the DHCP router or more specifically the known area of the assigned IP address. I live near tucson but the IP address is assigned from a router in phoenix and comes from an IP address block in phoenix. hence i get a lot of phoenix weather and local news. google uses a combination of IP, gps, wifi,cell tower to find a lost phone and i'm really surprised that apple seems to be using just IP, that's weird.
Thank you for your reply! Very helpful information.

“I want to personally thank everybody for coming,” Frank Schaefer, of Tottenville, one of the organizers of this week’s search said to the group. “If the situation were different, I know you will be there for me.”

The Staten Island group then headed to Wolfe’s Pond Park to meet with the volunteers from New Jersey, which included personnel from the East Freehold Fire Department.

“It is amazing,” said Edward Parze, Stephanie’s father, of the effort of the community.

The large group of volunteers split in groups of about 15 people each. A team leader led the group into the woods.

“I can’t thank you enough,” Edward Parze said right before the canvassing began.

If the weather permits it, more searches will be conducted on Sunday, Schaefer said.
S.I. and N.J. join forces to search for missing New Jersey woman

'A nightmare': Family addresses disappearance of 25-year-old Stephanie Parze (video)

Her family joined Good Day Philadelphia to ask the public for their help in finding their daughter.

[...]

The Parzes explained that Stephanie had only recently begun seeing her ex-boyfriend. He had a history of abusing Stephanie to the point that her father had to come help.

"I had to pick her up, she was running down the street," Ed Parze told FOX 29.

[...]

FOX 29 reached out to the Monmouth county prosecutor's office regarding Stephanie’s case and they released this statement:

"The case is still active and ongoing. Her parents have organized several search parties. We have conducted various searches in New York and New Jersey. The fact that her ex-boyfriend took his life does not affect our efforts to locate Stephanie."

STEPHANIE-PARZ.jpg STEPHANIE-PARZ2-MISSING-PERSON-FLYER.jpg

This guy was the family's worst nightmare. And he was Stephanie's as well. He probably killed her in a fit of one of his many rages, carrying a load of anger around for whatever reason and taking it out on women. And then having no compassion or empathy for her family, he kills himself without giving any clue as to where to find her.

Her poor family. Her poor dad. It's heartbreaking that their daughter ever came in contact with that heartless man. All MOO.

The family of 25-year-old Stephanie Parze is planning another search this weekend in Staten Island for the Freehold Township woman, who has been missing for more than a month.

At least 55 volunteers have signed up to meet at Tottenville High School off of Chisholm Street for a search near the school, Parze’s father Edward said. The search will begin at 9 a.m.

“We need as many people as possible. It’s a pretty big area,” Edward Parze told NJ Advance Media on Wednesday morning. Volunteers are asked to sign up in advance through a Google form.

3MFV6SE4CNEENPA47N2VWHKV7M.jpg

Stephanie Parze’s family plans search this weekend for missing 25-year-old in Staten Island

Searchers are making Wolfe’s Pond Park a focus because it is along the route from Monmouth County to the community on Staten Island's South Shore where Ozbilgen had been living.

They’ll be back out again Saturday morning, searching a different section of the park.

Steve Eisenstein is asking anyone interested in joining the search to email bringStephhome@ gmail.com.

Organizers of Saturday’s search say they’ll be handing out missing person flyers and posting them in the area encouraging anyone with information about Stephanie’s disappearance to contact authorities immediately.

Search for Missing New Jersey Woman Stretches to Staten Island

From the Asbury Park Press: I will attach link but it is $3 to read article.

'He would choke me': Ozbilgen's former girlfriend says she fears he killed Stephanie Parze

STATEN ISLAND - A former girlfriend of John Ozbilgen said he strangled her to the point of unconsciousness multiple times during rough sex and during fights. She said she believes Ozbilgen is responsible for the disappearance of Stephanie Parze.

There were multiple occasions she said Ozbilgen was violent. He choked her, hit her and even held a knife to her, she said.

The choking, the ex-girlfriend said, was a common act that happened, consensually, during sex but led to abuse during heated arguments. “There were just so many times where he would choke me and I would go unconscious," she said.

In an exclusive interview with the Asbury Park Press, she said she believes Parze was choked to death. "I think it was either during sex or during an argument that he most likely choked her and meant for her to go unconscious for a few seconds,” the former girlfriend said.

"I told the police, 'if she’s missing it’s most likely because John killed her,' she said about Parze, who has not been seen since Oct. 30. "I also told the police, 'if he did it, I don’t think you’ll find her because he is so sick.'"

The day after Parze's disappearance, the ex-girlfriend said she saw a visibly shaken Ozbilgen with a scratch on his neck. His comment to her: "Rough night. Don't ask."

She said Ozbilgen had joked in the past about wanting to be a famous serial killer telling her, "If I’m going to kill somebody, I want to kill like 1,000 people and be famous for it.”

The two watched a lot of crime shows together. Still, she said, "I didn't think he actually possibly killed someone."

[ Keep up with local crime news at our Jersey Mayhem page, and make sure you don't miss a thing by purchasing a digital subscription to APP.com and downloading our mobile app today. ]

Ozbilgen, identified by police as a "person of interest" in the disappearance of Parze, killed himself on Nov. 22, two days after being released from Monmouth County Jail, where he was held for 11 days on a child *advertiser censored* charge.

View | 10 Photos
Missing Freehold woman: Hundreds gather to search for Stephanie Parze gallery

Freehold Township missing woman: Man linked to Stephanie Parze charged with child *advertiser censored*

Speaking to reporters after Ozbilgen's death, lawyer Robert Honecker Jr., who was representing Ozbilgen on his child *advertiser censored* charge, did not comment about what Ozbilgen may or may not have known about Parze's disappearance.

The former girlfriend agreed to talk to the Asbury Park Press if her name was not revealed. She said that although people who know her know she dated Ozbilgen, she has been the target of online harassment and didn't want to put herself at more risk.

The Press verified her relationship through phone conversations and video she provided of the two of them.

The former girlfriend said she and Ozbilgen started dating around April and remained friends even after their relationship ended months later. She said they saw each other almost daily, up to Nov. 8, when Ozbilgen was arrested and jailed on a charge of possession of child *advertiser censored*.

The woman shared with the Press multiple photos and videos of her and Ozbilgen together and screenshots of text message conversations between them.

She also shared photographs of marks on her face and body she said were left by Ozbilgen during domestic disputes. Ozbilgen was also featured in multiple Facebook posts from her.

Ozbilgen, she said, would tell her how he was "handsy" with Parze. "I was afraid for her safety after what he did to me and others," she said. "So, I sadly wasn't shocked when I heard she was missing."

Within days of Parze's disappearance, the former girlfriend said the police called her.

"As soon as the cops called me, I searched Stephanie on Facebook and saw the missing person posts (concerning her disappearance) for the first time as the cops were on their way to me," she said. "I cried because I just knew John had to be behind it."

Stephanie Parze: Missing Freehold woman described as a tough, caring artist

Edward Parze said he only met John D. Ozbilgen briefly. Ozbilgen has been called a person of interest in Parze's disappearance.

Asbury Park Press

Parze was last seen by her family around 10 p.m. on Oct. 30 after returning home from a night out. Earlier, she had gone to visit a psychic medium in New Brunswick and spent time with family and friends.

When Parze stopped responding to text messages and calls, her mother, Sharlene Parze, went to Stephanie's Freehold home and found Stephanie's cell phone and car.

Multiple times throughout their short relationship, the ex-girlfriend said she feared for her life. She said she filed multiple complaints with police against Ozbilgen on domestic abuse charges, including one in Freehold Township this June.

She said she withdrew the complaint because she could not afford to get to court from her home in Staten Island.

At a detention hearing for Ozbilgen on Nov.19, a prosecutor from Monmouth County said three separate victims had filed simple assault charges against Ozbilgen in the last year.

Missing Freehold woman: 'We've seen miracles before' dad says as search continues

In the simple assault complaint filed against Ozbilgen by the woman on June 17, police outline a domestic incident in which Ozbilgen pulled and dragged her by her hair.

The description in the complaint matched the story told to the Press by the ex-girlfriend, who said Ozbilgen dragged her by her hair outside of his Freehold home on the morning of June 17.

The ex-girlfriend said Ozbilgen had assaulted her on numerous occasions at Ozbilgen's family home. On these occasions, she said, Ozbilgen would tell her, "Don't bother screaming."

She said she was surprised by the child *advertiser censored* charge.

"I knew he was sick, but not like that. I knew he liked rough sex for sure, but I thought only with adults," the ex said. "I never thought he was into children and babies."

While searching Ozbilgen's Freehold home on Nov. 8 in relation to the disappearance of Parze, police said they found child *advertiser censored* on Ozbilgen's iPhone.

The ex said Ozbilgen told her, “If I ever get sentenced to life I would kill myself."

View | 10 Photos
Missing Freehold woman Stephanie Parze

The former girlfriend said she had a cigarette with Ozbilgen outside of his work in Staten Island on Oct. 31, the day after Parze's disappearance.

She said Oz seemed visibly shaken and had a long scab on his neck.

The mark, she said, appeared to be the thickness of a girl's fake nail. At a detention hearing for Ozbilgen's child *advertiser censored* charge, investigators said they observed marks on Ozbilgen's neck as well.

“I’ve seen him have sex scratch marks. I’ve given them to him. This one was much different," she said. "I actually went up to him and said, ‘John that’s not from sex that’s really really bad.'"

His response, she said: "Rough night. Don’t ask.”

"He told me he had a rough night and that the cops were going to be contacting me and not to say anything bad about him," she said. "He buys illegal steroids, he stalked an ex-girlfriend recently, he hits girls, he drives recklessly. I thought it could have been anything."

Revealed in court: Ex-boyfriend sent expletive-laced texts night before she vanished

Parze had filed a simple assault charge against Ozbilgen in September, authorities have said. According to court records, Ozbilgen allegedly hit Parze during a domestic dispute.

The ex-girlfriend said police questioned her about Ozbilgen for five hours, downloaded her phone and laptop and searched her house, she said. "I went out of my way to not just clear my name, but help them find Stephanie with all of my inside knowledge."

She also took police around Wolf Pond Park in Staten Island where she and Ozbilgen used to hang out. The police subsequently searched the area twice for Parze.

During the conversations the two had in the days after Parze went missing, she said, Ozbilgen only showed concern for his own well being and complained about how the police were investigating him and how they confiscated his phone and car. "He didn't show any emotion or sympathy for her. He never said, 'I hope she's OK.'"

When a Press reporter approached Ozbilgen outside of the Freehold Township Municipal Courthouse on Nov. 6, he offered no comment but told a person he was with to "just keep walking."

Edward Parze of Freehold describes the unique qualities of his daughter Stephanie, who has been missing since Thursday.

Michael L. Diamond, @mdiamondapp

The ex-girlfriend said she and Ozbilgen attended high school together but never talked. They reconnected on a dating app years later, she said. After that, she said, they dated every day for a couple of months. About two weeks into the relationship, she said, he started physically abusing her.

"He had no respect or regard for women or even men. No one," she said.

Ozbilgen would "wine and dine" women to make up for his abuse, she said.

Development in the case: Ex-boyfriend's Facebook posts under investigation

Ozbilgen told her that he really liked Parze at first but eventually told her that he "hated her and only stayed with her because she was convenient and so she would drop charges," the ex-girlfriend said.

"He was very scary and rude. Very selfish and violent. A user. A very bad person," she said. "He used girls for sex. He would lie to them for sex. Women were worthless to him beyond sex."

She said she cries multiple times a day thinking about the situation.

"I am devastated for Stephanie and her family and friends," she said. "My blood boils when I think about the fact on his way out he couldn't have given her family closure."

Get Access

Wow, what an insane article, thanks for posting! What confuses me is how close they were, even after breaking up, LE involvement and then him being with Stephanie, why would this ex of his still see him all the time? Why would she be friends with such a monster that had no respect for anyone, who was likely to kill? He sounds as if he has zero redeeming qualities... she saw him the day after the murder and also up until he was arrested.. maybe she did actually help him and is trying to seem so transparent now to stay on top of things without any charges. How does someone so nasty charm his way into multiple women’s lives when it’s clear he’s a violent sociopath...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back