Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. Warren is in Worcester county, and I lived in Worcester and near to it. Trust me, no Palm Beach. There are many towns in MA starting with W, and Weston, for example, is super affluent, but Warren is another country town with unemployment rate of 22%. It doesn’t mean that someone there can not afford a PI.

But I think if Delphi case goes on national TV with a dedicated drive for funds to use for Parabon, or for a PI, or anything to catch the killer, it will work.
There's also a great difference in the time since poor Molly was murdered, almost 20 years. Delphi at going on 3 years is not what I'd consider a cold case yet. Pray there is justice soon for all these young ladies.

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.
Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe

wow.
Yes wow, so the former prosecutor thought a mere month after the murders, that even without the DNA and Libby's phone evidence, the investigators had enough evidence available to solve the case. What went so wrong?

Yes wow, so the former prosecutor thought a mere month after the murders, that even without the DNA and Libby's phone evidence, the investigators had enough evidence available to solve the case. What went so wrong?

Great Question! What went wrong?

For fear of being lambasted I hesitate to ponder then post, however, I do think, either by fate, or design, the case was led astray.

My thought has always been that this failure early on was on LE, specifically local LE. I can imagine evidence and information and tips coming in and local LE tossing and dismissing some because it involved people and families around town.(“Don’t worry about them, I can vouch for them, etc”)
Remember very early, LE searched Bicycle Road property, RL’s little saga unfolded, boots from meat packing plant, checking RSOs...all very local. While doing that though, LE was putting up billboards nationwide, in truckstops, lookouts for drifters hitchhiking etc. They seemed to suggest that the killer was a transient of some type. Fairly quickly LE fell away from local ideas. Until of course April 2019.
When the killer is finally caught and the inevitable book is written, LE is not going to be a shining star I think.

A member asked about the suspect location on the bridge, and where the girls were in relation to the suspect when the short part of the video clip was made. GH has come up with an approximation, 70 feet give or take. This video presentation shows how he came up with the suspect location. Libby was just off of the bridge when the video was taken on her phone:

Thanks for pointing out the video by WapTeki. I watched it, and although I was put off by his constant use of profanity, which in my opinion detracts somewhat from his reliability, I agreed with his overall idea that local LE was in way over their heads, and that the likelihood of solving this case is growing more remote as time passes.

He makes sense. And it is short and to the point.

Oh, btw, have Flora deaths in the arson case been investigated? Any news?

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.
Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe

wow.
Yes, wow. Not only did they have experienced investigators, but for at least a month there was a massive amount of personnel on this case. If I remember correctly it was upwards of 50-100. How many times have we seen where a cold case detective goes back over a case and finds an early interview to be suspicious. That is what happened in the murder case of Katherine and Sheila Lyon. LE interviews someone and then when going back later to read the interview some subsequent info after that statement causes suspicion. I hope those earlier detectives left good notes.

Personally, I think it is cold.

I don’t believe the LE is protecting anyone and hence hindering the case. In short, I think LE is honest.

However, I believe that there is a huge ego factor at play. The unwillingness to release more information has to do with the fact that more information will lead to more hard questions and criticism. ISP doesn’t want to be scrutinized re: the way this case was handled.

They are trying to avoid harsh criticism, and it is not productive. MOO.
I go back and forth as to whether or not is cold. I know LE has their own definition of what is "cold". For example, they say 'we are still actively investigating' or 'we are still receiving tips'. If we apply their definition here it is not a cold case. But come on, almost 3 years later. After 3 weeks, a lot of folks have difficulty remembering details and now this is almost 3 years. And after 3 years, I wonder how many of those over 42K (I've lost track of just how many they have) are really quality tips. That is, not repeat information, a person calling back with the same tip they gave in 2017 or something that sends LE down a deadend.

Last edited:
I am looking for msm articles That reference sending evidence to the GBI in Georgia.
Anyone have that handy?
Ah, there's another item that I think about. I know LE said they consulted the GBI. (I don't if they actually sent evidence.) I wondered about that. Why the GBI? Not Illinois or Ohio nearby, but the GBI. (They probably have gone to IL or OH authorities and we just haven't heard about it.) I never did know what to make of why the GBI would have some special expertise. The one case they had that comes to mind is the Tara Grinstead case and when they got the tip that broke the case LE stated the killer was not even on their radar.

Ah, there's another item that I think about. I know LE said they consulted the GBI. (I don't if they actually sent evidence.) I wondered about that. Why the GBI? Not Illinois or Ohio nearby, but the GBI. (They probably have gone to IL or OH authorities and we just haven't heard about it.) I never did know what to make of why the GBI would have some special expertise. The one case they had that comes to mind is the Tara Grinstead case and when they got the tip that broke the case LE stated the killer was not even on their radar.

I live close enough to the state of Georgia to say that, in my opinion, GBI would have been one of the last places I would have consulted with on this case. They do not have a sterling reputation, the Grinstead case just being one example. I was very disappointed Indiana LE felt GBI was the organization to go to here.
Just another terrible decision by Indiana LE.

Media Timeline 7 (Final)
Compilation of Media Timelines 1-6 by
@margarita25 for WS 12/4/2019
Cheatsheet

Abigail Williams & Liberty German
Delphi, Indiana

Feb. 14, 2017 - Nov. 19, 2019

Articles by:

• The Indy Channel/RTV6
• IndyStar
• Journal & Carrier/JConline
• FOX59

(Only)

FEB 14, 2017

Authorities, family continue searching for missing Carroll County teens

Autopsies scheduled for 2 bodies found during search for missing Carroll County teens

FEB 15, 2017

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing

FEB 16, 2017

Police: 'This is a double homicide investigation'

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi

Funeral arrangements set for Delphi teens

Delphi man shows FOX 59 the crime scene where searcher made the discovery of two missing teens’ bodies

FEB 17, 2017

Retired homicide investigator offers insights into how Delphi double murder case might be solved

FEB 19, 2017

Teens' visitation draws enormous crowd

Man photographed on trail now officially a suspect in murders of Delphi teens

FEB 21, 2017

UPDATE: Police say photo of suspect in Delphi homicides came from teen’s phone; audio released of man’s voice

FEB 22, 2017

Desperate for Answers: Families of unsolved cases using psychics in hopes for clues

New details in Delphi killings to be released

Police look beyond Delphi for suspect

FEB 23, 2017

Audio clip released in Delphi double homicide

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

FBI takes over for Delphi call center in double murder investigation

FBI launches digital billboard campaign in search for killer of Delphi teens

Carroll County sheriff discusses Delphi murder investigation, says DNA evidence ‘fast-tracked’

Investigators receive 3,900 tips in murder of Delphi teens; reward increases to $50,000

FEB 25, 2017

FBI searches Peru home regarding Delphi homicides, nothing found

FEB 26, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: State Police Superintendent: “Frustration high, professionalism even higher”

MAR 1, 2017

Delphi killings: Rumors carry hefty consequences

Donations from Pat McAfee, Jim Irsay bring Delphi reward to $200,000

Grandparents of murdered Delphi teen leave emotional note at police headquarters

MAR 02, 2017

Residents can pick up orange light bulbs to ‘light up Delphi’ as tribute to murder victims

Delphi investigators grateful for community outreach

Singing Contractors pay tribute to Delphi teens

MAR 6, 2017

Police: Delphi, Columbus deaths not related

MAR 9, 2017

Grandfather of slain Delphi teen: ‘It’s the small things that seem to hurt the most’

MAR 13, 2017

Fresh tips flood investigators of Delphi killings

Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation

MAR 14, 2017

MAR 16, 2017

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

MAR 17, 2017

Authorities serve search warrant in connection with Delphi murder case

MAR 18, 2017

Police search property where Delphi teens found

MAR 21, 2017

Hearing postponed for Delphi property owner

MAR 22, 2017

Delphi land owner has April 3 court date

Family member of murdered Delphi teen, Abby Williams, speaks out for first time

MAR 24, 2017

Authorities begin ‘normalization’ process in Delphi double homicide investigation

MAR 25, 2017

Abby Williams’ mom: ‘These girls were the most precious gifts we had’

APR 3, 2017

Owner of Delphi murder site admits to driving to county dump on day of teens’ killings

APR 24, 2017

Delphi Daughters: How the family is coping

APR 26, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby

APR 27, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Abby & Libby

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge

Families of Delphi murder victims unveil plans for honorary softball fields, fundraiser

Facebook:

APR 28, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Take 1 minute for justice

WATCH: The untold story of Delphi's Libby & Abby

MAY 07, 2017

Delphi reclaims trail where girls were murdered

JUL 17, 2017

Police unveil sketch of Delphi homicide suspect

Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Facebook:

JUL 19, 2017

ISP: Stop 'armchair sleuthing' on Delphi murders

Sketch of Delphi teens’ suspected killer draws surge of tips

AUG 4, 2017

Tip in Delphi double homicide leads to arrest in decade-old cold case

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

AUG 11, 2017

Investigators doggedly pursue Libby and Abby's killer

AUG 13, 2017

FBI sketch spurs 6,000 tips in slayings of 2 Indiana girls

AUG 14, 2017

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Delphi double murder unsolved, six months later

Time stands still for families of Delphi victims 6 months after murders

SEP 16, 2017

Delphi families send fliers to help track down killer

SEP 28, 2017

Police investigate Colorado link to Delphi murders

Colorado's intimidation suspect from Indiana is no stranger to crime
https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713951001

SEP 29, 2017

Delphi hopes for answers in double homicides

Person of interest in Delphi murders was living homeless in Indiana the same week girls’ bodies were found, police say

OCT 2, 2017

What we know about Delphi 'person of interest'

OCT 3, 2017

Family says sketch of Delphi suspect resembles new ‘person of interest’

Delphi detectives return; no link yet to Nations

OCT 10, 2017

Delphi's person of interest faces more charges

OCT 11, 2017

Delphi's person of interest faces 6 felonies

Wife of person of interest in Delphi murders says Daniel Nations watched news coverage

OCT 12, 2017

Nations' wife on sketch: 'Lot of similarities'

OCT 23, 2017

Wife doubts Nations involved in Delphi homicides

DEC 10, 2017

Stolen innocence left in the wake of 2017 violence

DEC 12, 2017

Dr. Phil's Abby, Libby segment moved to Wednesday

DEC 15, 2017

Tips about killings increase after 'Dr. Phil Show'

JAN 6, 2018

Delphi 'person of interest' pleads guilty in CO

JAN 8, 2018

Base of operations for Delphi homicide investigation moves back to City Hall

JAN 15, 2018

Delphi murder investigation extends into TN

Tenn. sheriff clarifies Delphi killer post

JAN 16, 2018

Tennessee sheriff's office misread the flier

JAN 24, 2018

Warrant brings Delphi person of interest back to Indiana

FEB 8, 2018

It's been one year since the Delphi slayings.

FEB 12, 2018

One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

Delphi homicides: Vigil set at one-year mark

Delphi homicides: A year later, 'horrible to live like this’

FEB 13, 2018

Delphi Double Homicide: Update on Abby and Libby Investigation

Exclusive: Abby's grandpa talks about losing her

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi remain unsolved 1 year later, but case far from ‘cold’

FEB 14, 2018

Libby German: "The world got short changed"

Trail improvements planned and funded, 1 year after Delphi double murder

FEB 15, 2018

Libby German’s mother holds ‘Light the Night for Libby’ vigil

DELPHI: Libby's sister on life without her

APR 17, 2018

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?

JUL 1, 2018

Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi killer's identity

JULY 10, 2018

Bangert: Delphi murders: Grandfather slowly gains ground on Abby & Libby softball fields

JUL 16, 2018

Police won't say if Fort Wayne's cold case suspect linked to Delphi killings

SEP 27, 2018

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’

OCT 12, 2018

'Angel Boxes' will honor Abby Williams' memory

JAN 20, 2019

Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation

FEB 12, 2019

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later

Libby & Abby's families still believe ‘Today is the Day’

How Abby Williams and Libby German's families want you to honor their memory

FEB 13, 2019

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'

Replay: Press conference on Delphi murders investigation

Delphi murders: Investigation update, Abby and Libby memorial planned on 2nd anniversary

Community prayer service held two years after unsolved Delphi murders

Here's how you can honor Libby & Abby

Delphi victim's sister hopes Twitter will help find murderer

DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer

How to save valuable time if your child is missing

Answers remain elusive 2 years after murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi

Investigation ongoing 2 years after Abby Williams, Libby German killed in Delphi

Anna Williams discusses loss of daughter on Delphi 2-year anniversary

Delphi community trying to heal 2 years after murders of Abby Williams and Libby German

FEB 14, 2019

Vigil honors Libby German and Abby Williams 2 years after Delphi murders

Delphi community remains hopeful for arrest in teen's murders

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned

FEB 20, 2019

Hundreds of tips called in after 2-year Delphi presser

MAR 6, 2019

Anna Williams’ birthday wish is to raise funds for Abby and Libby Memorial Park in Delphi

MAR 29, 2019

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream

APR 19, 2019

Police take new direction in Delphi murder investigation

‘Significant news’ to be announced in Delphi murders as investigation moves in ‘new direction’

Mother of murdered Delphi teen ‘cautiously hopeful’ ahead of Monday’s news conference

APR 22, 2019

‘We also believe this person is from Delphi’: Police release new sketch, additional information in Delphi murder investigation

Facebook:
FOX59 News

Former FBI, IMPD investigators explain how new sketch in Delphi murders could help solve case

ISP on Delphi killer: 'We believe you're hiding in plain sight'

Delphi murders: Is Abby and Libby’s killer one of Delphi’s own? ISP says, yes

Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

Delphi murders: A timeline of the search for Abby and Libby's killer

Police to Delphi killer: 'We're coming for you'

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

Timeline: Investigation into the Delphi murders

Twitter/ Delphi murders: What we know about the slayings of Abby and Libby

Delphi murders update 2019: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Delphi murders 2019: Watch new video of suspect released by police

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

State Police release new audio, sketch related to 2017 Delphi murders

APR 23, 2019

Crime Stoppers tip expert discusses what to look for when analyzing Delphi sketch, audio

Police sort through more than 1,000 tips after releasing new information in Delphi murders

Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says

Delphi community could be experiencing psychological impacts: ‘Grief is multi-dimensional’

New evidence in Delphi investigation leads to hundreds of new tips

New evidence in Delphi murders renews hope, fears

Police release new evidence in Delphi murders

Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years

APR 24, 2019

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released

Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders

Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation

APR 29, 2019

Libby German’s sister forms friendship with sister of Golden State Killer victim

ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released

Sister of Delphi murder victim turns to Twitter to help find killer

APR 30, 2019

Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch

MAY 1, 2019

Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch

MAY 3, 2019

$1.2M to restore Monon High Bridge trail, scene in Delphi teens’ murder

MAY 06, 2019

Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death

Police have received more than 42,000 tips in investigation into murders of Delphi teens

Delphi murders: More than 2,700 new tips in past two weeks after sketch released

MAY 13, 2019

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released

MAY 15, 2019

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

JUN 17, 2019

Delphi murders: Indiana starts crowdfunding effort for Abby & Libby Memorial Park

JUN 19, 2019

Fundraising underway for Libby & Abby memorial park

JUN 20, 2019

Family of Delphi murder victims speak out for first time since release of new evidence

JUN 25, 2019

Libby & Abby's families need to raise $50K for memorial park

JUL 10, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim debunks family, case rumors

'Rumors suck and they hurt people': Sister of Delphi murder victim addresses internet speculation

Sister of Delphi murder victim takes to YouTube to dispel rumors, defend family

JUL 15, 2019

Delphi families raise $50,000 for legacy park

JUL 16, 2019

Fundraising goal met for memorial park honoring Delphi teens

JUL 20, 2019

Police want to know if Etter is tied to Delphi killings

AUG 11, 2019

Golf tournament held to raise money for Abby and Libby park

OCT 16, 2019

Libby German's grandmother speaks about cancer fight for first time since Delphi murders

OCT 24, 2019

6 months after new sketch released on Delphi murder suspect

NOV 11, 2019

'Abby's Angels' need your help to fill boxes for kids in need

NOV 19, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles

Purdue intramural lights headed to park memorializing Abby and Libby near Delphi

I've been working more on the trail killer grid. It seems if the perpetrator has a serious mental illness they are not inclined to commit a sexual assault during these trail attacks.

Actually Gary Hilton did sexually assault Meredith Emerson

Hiker never gave up fight, her killer said

"Perhaps one of the most chilling details followed, as Hilton nonchalantly told Bridges he raped Emerson that first night. He was angry she’d made him drive around from bank to bank and still had nothing to show for it."

I've read a couple references to how "complex" or "complicated" this investigation is.

I wonder what it is that is making it so.

One person of interest, one video, one voice recording, one crime scene, a DA that says what he said, referenced several posts back.

My opinion, and MOO, the "complex" piece revolves around DNA evidence. I speculate there was more than one, possibly numerous, DNA samples at the scene, and LE is having extreme difficulty determining who did what.

Or the DNA they have has been ruled out as to potential suspects.
Or the DNA they have has yet to be matched to the killer.
Or they simply do not have enough measurable DNA to make a definitive determination
Or they lost the DNA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads