Parents had daughter arrested so they could steal their granddaughter (crazy story)

EvilOlivE

Reaction score
This story is so insane, WOW, what a mother. Narcissistic? Borderline?

The FBI has been brought in to investigate both the police and sheriff's department in a small Illinois town after a woman's parents were accused of launching a systematic campaign to kidnap their granddaughter from her, DailyMailTV has learned exclusively.

The case of Jade Green, 28, has revealed a tale of intrigue and corruption in Lawrenceville, Illinois, involving the very people who are meant to protect the town.

The federal agents want to find out how deeply the heads of the two local law enforcement agencies were involved in Green's midnight arrest over a bounced check that was really a cover for her parents to 'kidnap' her four-year-old daughter.

Court documents claim the police chief, the sheriff and even the top local prosecutor were influenced by Angela and Jack Howser — Jade's mother and stepfather — who ran a successful newspaper covering a huge swath of countryside in the southeast of the state.

The case involves nude photos, poisoned dogs, false arrests, dismissed criminal court cases, allegations of conspiracy to kidnap and claims that the Howsers used their influence in a systematic campaign of harassment against Jade.

'It was like being in a nightmare,' Jade's husband Josh Green told DailyMailTV. 'You know it's not right. You know this can't be done, but the louder you scream the less people hear you.'

In November, a federal court of appeals upheld a jury verdict awarding Jade nearly $1 million against the Howsers. That is on top of a $75,000 out-of-court settlement that Lawrence County Sheriff Russell Adams and the county's top prosecutor Chris Quick had already paid out to Jade rather than face her in court.

But it doesn't mean Jade's anguish is over. On the very day the appeals court decision was handed down, her beloved Rottweiler, Penelope, was found writhing in agony after it was poisoned. It took a week for the dog to die.

'I can't say for sure who was involved,' Jade, a manager at a Hardee's restaurant, told DailyMailTV in an exclusive interview. 'But it's uncanny. It's the second time we have had an outside dog poisoned and killed.'

The first, she said, came shortly after Adams and Quick agreed to settle their case.

Following the award, a source within law enforcement told DailyMailTV that federal agents are investigating to see whether criminal charges should be brought.

'I will tell you one thing, the source said. 'This whole case has made me realize you shouldn't trust anyone.'

Full crazy story:

FBI is investigating how parents of Illinois woman, 28, 'kidnapped' their granddaughter | Daily Mail Online

Wild. Nutz.
What "bad" things, cruelty, mistreatment, etc., have Jade and her husband done to their little girl?
And the business about the dogs -- we don't know by whom it was one, but we do know that people who will hurt dogs, will also hurt people.
Just flippin' odd, scary and a bit crazy, IMO. Damm.

Welcome to Websleuths,
hjarta !!!

Maybe they thought that since the verdict was to be delivered that same day, that everything would be over and they were safe. Victim-blaming is never helpful.
I agree - and it would seem that the payouts to settle with her perhaps may mean she was right and LE was wrong. I am glad there is an external probe of all the offices. IMO

this is wild and I can certainly find fault on both sides with what has been reported. Not sure who the victim really is at this point. Me, for having read this craziness and still not being able to wrap my head around it.

Their first dog was poisoned to death and they still left the other one outside. Maybe their decision-making abilities are not the best. Poor dogs.
I have seen pictures of them snuggling with a dog inside a house, so I thought maybe they could just mean that when the dog was let out in the yard to do business, it ingested poison.

I have seen pictures of them snuggling with a dog inside a house, so I thought maybe they could just mean that when the dog was let out in the yard to do business, it ingested poison.

I think the description said 'outside dog'.

this is wild and I can certainly find fault on both sides with what has been reported. Not sure who the victim really is at this point. Me, for having read this craziness and still not being able to wrap my head around it.

[bbm]

agree - esp. since the source is the Daily Mail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get