Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

RBBM That’s what I was saying when I posted this article earlier!! Either someone did a horrible job editing or I’m extremely confused!! Bc he already got bond! He’s still in jail bc he just hadn’t bonded out! & the part about making sure he understands the charges against him? His hearing wasn’t scheduled till the 18th? This one threw me for a loop!

Could it be he's making a court appearance from his prior arrest (jail house conversation). No bond was required. However, because of his recent arrest of kidnapping, a bond was issued?

RBBM That’s what I was saying when I posted this article earlier!! Either someone did a horrible job editing or I’m extremely confused!! Bc he already got bond! He’s still in jail bc he just hadn’t bonded out! & the part about making sure he understands the charges against him? His hearing wasn’t scheduled till the 18th? This one threw me for a loop!

Could it be he's making a court appearance from his prior arrest (jail house conversation). No bond was required. However, because of his recent arrest of kidnapping, a bond was issued?

@dotr @jnm73 @Shboogies
And let’s not forget the 77 yo man IY is charged with kidnapping, robbing and beating earlier this year. Not ATM, but not SA either AFAIK. Motive appears to be robbery in that case IMO.
Man found beaten, near death after deputies pull over vehicle; 2 arrested
True. A "resource" crime. They wanted something of material value from the victims and used violence as the tool to obtain it. They did abduct the man and wound up in his vehicle with him and credit cards were among the stolen items.

I’d like to visit the request for DNA again. If you listen to the courtroom proceedings at about 9:25 minutes in on this YouTube video by CBS, I think you will come away with the opinion that Alabama does NOT do DNA testing at booking. Has anyone seen info on this? I’m wondering if possibly Alabama is not doing all they can in the area of DNA sampling.

From earlier posts of mine and others, it was clear that Alabama allowed for sampling of those arrested for certain felonies at booking. I’ll include the post as a quote.Found Deceased - AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*
———
And I’ve just copied another post of mine below with a link showing when DNA sampling is allowed -to my understanding. (Noting now I DO NOT believe his DNA was on file based on the courtroom proceedings on the above video.)

Answering my question...
I believe Alabama collects dna from all arrestees that qualify .. sexual assault and all felony arrests. So, his dna has to be on file.

http://www.ncsl.org/Documents/cj/ArresteeDNALaws.pdf

———
I’d love a local investigative reporter to dig into whether this is indeed fact- that Alabama is NOT swabbing for DNA when law WOULD allow. IF that is the case, I wonder how many cases could have been solved if they had?

Last edited:
I’d like to visit the request for DNA again. If you listen to the courtroom proceedings at about 9:25 minutes in on this YouTube video by CBS, I think you will come away with the opinion that Alabama does NOT do DNA testing at booking. Has anyone seen info on this? I’m wondering if possibly Alabama is not doing all they can in the area of DNA sampling.

From earlier posts of mine and others, it was clear that Alabama allowed for sampling of those arrested for certain felonies at booking. I’ll include the post as a quote.Found Deceased - AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*
———
And I’ve just copied another post of mine below with a link showing when DNA sampling is allowed -to my understanding. (Noting now I DO NOT believe his DNA was on file based on the courtroom proceedings on the above video.)

Answering my question...
I believe Alabama collects dna from all arrestees that qualify .. sexual assault and all felony arrests. So, his dna has to be on file.

———
I’d love a local investigative reporter to dig into whether this is indeed fact- that Alabama is NOT swabbing for DNA when law WOULD allow. IF that is the case, I wonder how many cases could have been solved if they had?
Am I confused with when the time of “booking” is? Anyone know when that is? I assumed it was when someone was brought in under arrest and placed in jail?

RSBM

12/5. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing at 8:30 a.m. in reference to his February first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder charges.

So this is probably a stupid question, but why does he need to have a bond hearing for his "alleged" Feb crime when he is not eligible for bond for his "alleged" current crime????

RSBM

So this is probably a stupid question, but why does he need to have a bond hearing for his "alleged" Feb crime when he is not eligible for bond for his "alleged" current crime????

I'm thinking Live PD with this off the cuff answer. He may have been pulled over for a traffic violation. While running his license it came up with an outstanding warrant. Off to jail. If it was a Friday night, he may have had to stay over the week-end. Just wanted to add, he might have also been arrested for whatever reason along with having an outstanding warrant.

Another gas station's surveillance captured him exiting the passenger side of Blanchard's vehicle and later re-entering the vehicle.
A person was located by police who said "Yazeed was seen at a residence in Montgomery wearing only shorts, with a gun tucked into the shorts,"
according to the affidavit. The court records did not identify this person.
Yazeed was in possession of Blanchard's vehicle, though the person did not see the teen, according to the court records.
"The subject further advised during a subsequent conversation with Yazeed, Yazeed admitted to shooting a girl, and stated the girl 'went for the gun,'" according to the documents.
Aniah Blanchard fought back and 'went for the gun,' according to court records
:(

Another gas station's surveillance captured him exiting the passenger side of Blanchard's vehicle and later re-entering the vehicle.
A person was located by police who said "Yazeed was seen at a residence in Montgomery wearing only shorts, with a gun tucked into the shorts,"
Yazeed was in possession of Blanchard's vehicle, though the person did not see the teen, according to the court records.
"The subject further advised during a subsequent conversation with Yazeed, Yazeed admitted to shooting a girl, and stated the girl 'went for the gun,'" according to the documents.

These murderers can really say anything they want, can't they? Their deceased victim cannot say what really happened. "She went for my gun, so I had to shoot her, I was defending myself" ... or ... "she went for my gun and the gun just fired" is the inference I get from that.

Bottom line is, if he hadn't abducted Aniah she would still be alive today.

Last edited:
These murderers can really say anything they want, can't they? Their deceased victim cannot say what really happened. "She went for my gun, so I had to shoot her, I was defending myself" ... or ... "she went for my gun and the gun just fired" is the inference I get from that.
Speaking of saying anything he wants, apparently he’s not afraid of bursting out in court & being defiant to a judge whose jurisdiction wants him fried.

This makes me think that his plan, at least initially, was maybe not to kill her. Robbery (my guess), sexual assault, something - but she fought back, reached for the gun and possibly struggled with him over it (maybe this is when the car was damaged?), and he killed her. So devastating to know that she had such courage, and that such an evil thing happened to her.

Bottom line is, if he hadn't abducted Aniah she would still be alive today.
Fortunately, it makes no difference legally.

If someone dies during a kidnapping, intent is irrelevant in a capital case in Alabama.

So even if he’s telling the truth, it doesn’t help him.

I

———

Answering my question...

———
I remember also in that video (or one of them from that hearing) that the ADA was asked to basically defend his reasoning (they also discussed it not being done at booking) from what I could hear - audio wasn’t very loud. & he made mention of the chain of custody. That kinda lead me to believe that they might have had it in Montgomery, but APD wanted to collect their own sample so IY’s attorney wouldn’t have a chain of custody argument should it be a match. Idk why else there would have been mention of chain of custody?

Goodness gracious! I find this reporter's account very bizarre! I hope a less animated account comes out soon. She way over played it.
Idk if she did or not, that’s kinda what I thought too, but the way she was out of breath makes me feel like even recounting it made her uncomfortable. But I originally thought she might have also...idk what I think now...this is crazy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back