Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

I followed the link in which she is listed as one of El Paso's most wanted. Something I always look for in a case/police reports/public records is someone with the same info or same charges on the same date or charges at the same location or nearby on the same date. Anything related. IMOO, It could answer who was with her when the crime was committed or others with involvement in the crime.
Was she in danger based on something to do with her own charges? Was she the only person involved in the crime? I did note a gentleman with the same "Charge: Criminal mischief over $2500.
Both made the Most Wanted list, same time, with the same charge and that sparked my interest. Not that this is an unusual charge & could be unrelated. A stretch.
We can't sleuth ppl not named a POI. I did take note of it though and while I could not find her arrest (if she was ever arrested) for the alleged offense, I am interested in the 'date of offense' regardless of arrest. Can someone locate the date of the alleged offense for her ? I dont know what I can really do with the info but it is something to consider. Please note this is all just research on a theory IMOO.

According to the thread regarding Prisma Reyes ... a female escaped her abductor in a Walmart parking lot in Little Elm, Texas. She didn't know what month it was but said she's been being held against her will for months. The police have ruled out that it is Prisma, but maybe this could be Erika? The police are not releasing any information as they are probably trying to track down the man who abducted this young woman. You can find/read additional details on Prisma Reyes's thread. Just wanted to post in here that this may possibly be Erika. Prayers for this poor, young woman whoever she is identified as.

Oh Lord rest her soul :( Prayers for the family and friends, this was not the outcome we were hoping for. Hope she can at least get home to be laid to rest. I hope that gives Family some comfort and peace at least. So so sorry for the loss of this young woman. Please let her get justice. So very sad , so young :( MOO

Last edited:
Her concert date all along. He lied about her taking an Uber.

"Gaytan was last seen on the evening of July 13 after attending a concert at the El Paso County Coliseum with Marquez. He had claimed they parted ways later that night and Gaytan reportedly called an Uber.

But the affidavit claims Marquez actually drove Gaytan to his home in the 3600 block of Nehemiah, where they argued and he killed her.

The document indicated police seized a Jeep belonging to Marquez's family that contained Gaytan's blood in it; he allegedly transported her body in the rear cargo section of the vehicle to a desert area off East Montana where detectives believe he buried her using a shovel that they've also recovered.

In addition, the affidavit said police also found zip ties and sand-filled shoes during a search of Marquez's home. Authorities believe both of those items are also linked to Gaytan's death."

EL PASO, Texas -- A 29-year-old El Paso mother who vanished back in July after going to a concert was killed by her concert date, police alleged Wednesday, although her body has not been recovered.

Police arrested 28-year old Ricardo Marquez and charged him with the murder of Erika Andrea Gaytan. He was booked Wednesday into the El Paso County Detention Facility under a million dollars bond.

"Her body has not been found, but based on forensic and other evidence gathered over the course of the investigation, detectives have reason to believe that she is deceased and was the victim of a murder," said Sgt. Enrique Carillo.

While he did not elaborate, a police affidavit obtained by ABC-7 spells out the details of what investigators believed happened to Gaytan and the evidence gathered against Marquez.

Gaytan was last seen on the evening of July 13 after attending a concert at the El Paso County Coliseum with Marquez. He had claimed they parted ways later that night and Gaytan reportedly called an Uber.

But the affidavit claims Marquez actually drove Gaytan to his home in the 3600 block of Nehemiah, where they argued and he killed her.

The document indicated police seized a Jeep belonging to Marquez's family that contained Gaytan's blood in it; he allegedly transported her body in the rear cargo section of the vehicle to a desert area off East Montana where detectives believe he buried her using a shovel that they've also recovered.

In addition, the affidavit said police also found zip ties and sand-filled shoes during a search of Marquez's home. Authorities believe both of those items are also linked to Gaytan's death.

Foul play wasn't initially suspected when Gaytan first went missing in July, although family members said she would have never run off and abandoned her 7-year-old son.

But a few days after police took a missing persons report, authorities issued an alert to the media calling Gaytan “endangered" and released a photo of her wearing a white dress and smiling on the night of the concert.

After she had been missing for about a month, police indicated they were tracking several leads and put out a renewed call to the public for information, saying, "Due to the amount of time Gaytan has been missing and the circumstances, her disappearance is considered suspicious."

The affidavit contends that Marquez repeatedly gave "conflicting stories to friends, family and law enforcement" as they all searched for Gaytan in the days and weeks after she vanished.

Missing El Paso mom allegedly killed by concert date; police documents outline details of her murder - KVIA

EL PASO, Texas -- A 29-year-old El Paso mother who vanished back in July after going to a concert was killed by her concert date, police alleged Wednesday, although her body has not been recovered.

Police arrested 28-year old Ricardo Marquez and charged him with the murder of Erika Andrea Gaytan. He was booked Wednesday into the El Paso County Detention Facility under a million dollars bond.

"Her body has not been found, but based on forensic and other evidence gathered over the course of the investigation, detectives have reason to believe that she is deceased and was the victim of a murder," said Sgt. Enrique Carillo.

While he did not elaborate, a police affidavit obtained by ABC-7 spells out the details of what investigators believed happened to Gaytan and the evidence gathered against Marquez.

Gaytan was last seen on the evening of July 13 after attending a concert at the El Paso County Coliseum with Marquez. He had claimed they parted ways later that night and Gaytan reportedly called an Uber.

In addition, the affidavit said police also found zip ties and sand-filled shoes during a search of Marquez's home. Authorities believe both of those items are also linked to Gaytan's death.

Foul play wasn't initially suspected when Gaytan first went missing in July, although family members said she would have never run off and abandoned her 7-year-old son.

But a few days after police took a missing persons report, authorities issued an alert to the media calling Gaytan “endangered" and released a photo of her wearing a white dress and smiling on the night of the concert.

After she had been missing for about a month, police indicated they were tracking several leads and put out a renewed call to the public for information, saying, "Due to the amount of time Gaytan has been missing and the circumstances, her disappearance is considered suspicious."

The affidavit contends that Marquez repeatedly gave "conflicting stories to friends, family and law enforcement" as they all searched for Gaytan in the days and weeks after she vanished.

Missing El Paso mom allegedly killed by concert date; police documents outline details of her murder - KVIA
Another mother killed - I’m glad the family insisted she would never leave her son

Heartbreaking! I'm an El Pasoan and when she first went missing, the media mentioned that the date lawyered up right away. What hurt her case was the charges she was facing because a lot of locals assumed that she went missing voluntarily.

How long had they been dating? It has been made to sound that this could have been their first meeting... how in the world does this happen? Rejection? So much rage and anger to kill someone you barely know, it’s so disturbing. So sad for her family, glad justice is coming.

How long had they been dating? It has been made to sound that this could have been their first meeting... how in the world does this happen? Rejection? So much rage and anger to kill someone you barely know, it’s so disturbing. So sad for her family, glad justice is coming.
I re- read the earlier posts - not much out there regarding her prior contact with the suspect that I am finding. I wonder if this is his first kill? He seemed to know to borrow a vehicle and shovel and drive somewhere remote IMO. makes one wonder IMO

I am so sorry to read that Erika has been found deceased this horrendous news will be devastating for her son and loved ones. I was suspicious of the man who has been arrested from the beginning.

As I understand it her body has not been found yet. But they found enough evidence of Erika being murdered to charge the boyfriend with her murder. Her poor family have probably suspected this from the beginning but they had to suffer through people accusing her of running off and abandoning her son. They knew she wouldn't do that and good for them for pushing for more investigation. I hope she can be recovered and brought back to them.

MOO.

According to NamUs, she was last seen leaving a boyfriends house "either walking or in an Uber" after an argument. According to the boyfriend. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

See the above post. NAMUS calls him her boyfriend. But that doesn't really tell us much about the length of the relationship. I don't think it was a first date. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back