Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Do we know anything else about this other convenience store thing? I’m confused about how he’s getting out of the passenger side and back into the car, unless an accomplice (AF?) is also in the car with him.

I’m wondering if maybe he forced her at gun point to drive from the first store & they ended up at the second convenience store. Then she reached for the gun & that’s when he shot her? Did they say which side he got in when he returned to the vehicle? If passenger, I’m guessing someone else was with him, otherwise I don’t see why see wouldn’t have just taken off. If driver, I’m guessing she was no longer alive at that point. This whole second store is throwing me for a loop.

Yeah. If this is true, it means that not only did he fail in achieving what he hoped to achieve, but he also likely won himself a cell on death row.

It does make sense, as law enforcement believes the murder happened inside the car. I wouldn’t expect that to have been the case had he been able to carry this out the way he would have otherwise gone about it.
I hope death row doesn't mean 20+ years. If he is put on death row I pray it is done quickly.

DBM double post
I’m wondering if maybe he forced her at gun point to drive from the first store & they ended up at the second convenience store. Then she reached for the gun & that’s when he shot her? Did they say which side he got in when he returned to the vehicle? If passenger, I’m guessing someone else was with him, otherwise I don’t see why see wouldn’t have just taken off. If driver, I’m guessing she was no longer alive at that point. This whole second store is throwing me for a loop.
oh I was reading that like they got surveillance from another gas station store that showed him entering and exiting her vehicle. Not that they were at another one. I have to go back to google maps. Was there another gas station across the street maybe?

So little information. Consider this: Arrest affidavit said (and detective testified) that blood evidence was found in the passenger "compartment". This could broadly mean anywhere except the hatchback. It doesn't lock them into a particular narrative that they may have to back track on later. Witness also said he was observed leaving with her in the vehicle (did not say driving or not). Also, there was no time mentioned with regards to the second store (second store, or near a second store getting picked up on camera?). It could have been anytime before 6 pm the following day when it was found.

So little information. Consider this: Arrest affidavit said (and detective testified) that blood evidence was found in the passenger "compartment". This could broadly mean anywhere except the hatchback. It doesn't lock them into a particular narrative that they may have to back track on later. Witness also said he was observed leaving with her in the vehicle (did not say driving or not). Also, there was no time mentioned with regards to the second store (second store, or near a second store getting picked up on camera?). It could have been anytime before 6 pm the following day when it was found.

I remember discussions about the passenger “compartment” from another thread, so I at least wasn’t confused about thinking passenger “side.” Everything else though, I’m pretty confused about & the possibility of a second store makes everything that much more muddled to me. Hopefully we will learn more soon. What a sick, disturbed monster he is.

Last edited:
DBM double post

oh I was reading that like they got surveillance from another gas station store that showed him entering and exiting her vehicle. Not that they were at another one. I have to go back to google maps. Was there another gas station across the street maybe?

I’m wondering the same & am going to see if I can find any official documents to help clear anything up.

Yazeed was formally charged with TWO COUNTS of Capital Murder. 1) Murder during a kidnapping [Sec. 13A-5-40(a)(1)] Code of AL; 2) Murder while the victim in is a vehicle [Sec. 13-A-5-40(a)(17)] Code of AL

New information on the affidavit for Murder while in vehicle: "Further video evidence was located from a separate gas station in Auburn depicting Yazeed exiting the passenger side of Blanchard's vehicle, and later re-entering the vehicle. Blanchard's vehicle is last seen travelling south on S College St towards the interstate."

"A subject was located who advised Yazeed was next seen at a residence in Montgomery wearing only shorts, with a gun tucked into the shorts. The subject stated Yazeed was in possession of Blanchard's vehicle, however, he did not see Blanchard at the time. The subject further advised during a subsequent conversation with Yazeed, Yazeed admitted to shooting a girl, and stated the girl "went for the gun."
Can you tell me what the pdf is from and where? I don’t download PDFs blindly, sorry.

@dotr @jnm73 @Shboogies
And let’s not forget the 77 yo man IY is charged with kidnapping, robbing and beating earlier this year. Not ATM, but not SA either AFAIK. Motive appears to be robbery in that case IMO.
Man found beaten, near death after deputies pull over vehicle; 2 arrested

@dotr @jnm73 @Shboogies
And let’s not forget the 77 yo man IY is charged with kidnapping, robbing and beating earlier this year. Not ATM, but not SA either AFAIK. Motive appears to be robbery in that case IMO.
Man found beaten, near death after deputies pull over vehicle; 2 arrested
The weirdest thing about this is that prison records show that the woman that was arrested with IY was in prison at the time of the crime. Look on ADOC and search her name. She is not supposed to get out until next April. Something weird going on in Montgomery.

No way she just sat there and waited for him at a second gas station. My guess is he had already dumped the body, picked up an accomplice who brought clean clothes And maybe something to clean up a little and then was seen on video. Or it was the following day maybe? There wasn’t mention of when the second gas station video occurred.

The weirdest thing about this is that prison records show that the woman that was arrested with IY was in prison at the time of the crime. Look on ADOC and search her name. She is not supposed to get out until next April. Something weird going on in Montgomery.
Maybe she was out in bail on a previous charge, at the time, so they revoked her bail? Pure speculation on my part.

Aniah Blanchard fought back and 'went for the gun,' according to court records

“According to an arrest affidavit, Yazeed was captured on video surveillance in the convenience store at the same time Blanchard was. A witness then observed Yazeed interacting with Blanchard near her vehicle in front of the convenience store, according to court records.

Another gas station's surveillance then captured Yazeed exiting the passenger side of Blanchard's vehicle and later re-entering the vehicle. Her car was last seen travelling south on South College Street towards the interstate, according to court records.”

bbm
SO
1) all of the above happened in Auburn, prior to the 12:30 traffic cam IMO
2) “another gas station’s surveillance” — I wonder if this is just poorly worded, and they’re referring to another surveillance camera at the SAME Chevron where she was abducted.

eta: ignore #2, see next post

nvm
This one says...
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard case faces second capital murder charge

“Further video evidence was located from a separate gas station in Auburn depicting Yazeed exiting the passenger side of Blanchard’s vehicle and later re-entering the vehicle,” the document states.”

But still this was in Auburn before the 12:30 traffic cam IMO.

Anyone have the new warrant to get the actual wording?

Maybe she was out in bail on a previous charge, at the time, so they revoked her bail? Pure speculation on my part.
You can not get out of prison on bail. She was in Tutwiler Prison. ADOC shows every time she has been incarcerated and release dates. Shows she is currently still in prison since April, 2018. Very strange. Someone please check it out to verify.

nvm
This one says...

“Further video evidence was located from a separate gas station in Auburn depicting Yazeed exiting the passenger side of Blanchard’s vehicle and later re-entering the vehicle,” the document states.”

Anyone have the new warrant to get the actual wording?
No! I even just purchased case accesss and it’s way behind! I wish we could see it because the judge said (I think if memory serves) the probable cause was amended to reflect both capital murder charges. He said something to that effect when answering yazeed complaining about no video and different convenience store. So my theory is this:

is it possible they didn’t want to get hung up on proving kidnapping happened at first chevron because all they had was the witness from presumed clarion and possibly they were worried about that witness, but they had video from another stop on the way so they are now using that (witness) in the new amended charges?

I’m wishing I could remember where, very early I read that she had an atm charge. I looked for that once before and couldn’t find. It may have been my own mistake in interpreting something her mother said. But I’ve always wondered if something was backstepped there. I was all over this case from the beginning and now I wonder more if he used her atm card. I even remember searching for the nearest atm to skybar.

Why else would he have a need to go to two gas stations in a short amount of time with a kidnapped girl or a dead girl and risk being caught on camera? Confusing. I’m going to look for atm locations at gas stations nearby.

You can not get out of prison on bail. She was in Tutwiler Prison. ADOC shows every time she has been incarcerated and release dates. Shows she is currently still in prison since April, 2018. Very strange. Someone please check it out to verify.
Oh, I see what you’re saying. I misunderstood.

nvm
This one says...

Anyone have the new warrant to get the actual wording?[

What grabs my attention on this bit "and later re-entering the vehicle". How much later? Could be nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back