***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

OHOHOHOHOHOH! *Waving hands frantically* .
Doesn't a defendant have the right to speak at their sentencing?!?!
Dare we look forward to hearing some self-serving ****?

ETA: I apologize to WS Mods for having to **** my word when I let one fly like that. I'll be more careful in the future. : peace :​

Oh I definitely think he will speak....sniffling....."I love my wife (fake cry)....I love my kids (maybe real cry).....I don't know how this happened....."......sits down.

I don’t know if this is controversial but to me a stoic defendant when a guilty verdict is read is a guilty defendant. No way does a wrongfully accused defendant not faint or lose composure when a guilty verdict is read!

It’s like that old adage that says a guilty suspect has no problem getting a good nights sleep in jail.

<deleted weird quote of mine that duplicated and attached to this one.>

Usually takes 15-18 yrs to complete all DP appeals and actually be put to death. Maybe some sick FL state of Fl corrections employee can schedule CWW release same day as MS execution

I am A-OK with him spending the rest of his pathetic life in prison. I have no problem with the Death Penalty, I just remember the line from one of those old western movies: "Hanging's too good for him". A part of me wants people like him to experience the same terror their victims felt when realizing they're going to die when that time comes. Another part of me is sadistic enough to think that having to live your life entirely by the rules and structure and sometimes at the mercy of the prison and other inmates... that's satisfying, too. Day in, day out for years and decades.

I don’t know if this is controversial but to me a stoic defendant when a guilty verdict is read is a guilty defendant. No way does a wrongfully accused defendant not faint or lose composure when a guilty verdict is read!

It’s like that old adage that says a guilty suspect has no problem getting a good nights sleep in jail.

I was watching the verdict on Court TV. Prior to the jury coming in, the atty on the other side of Mark (not Mummert) said, stay stoic no matter what happens. He actually repeated it a couple of times. Mark was crying for himself...that he was finally caught and seen for who he really is. Nothing to do with being wrongfully accused IMO.

I know what you're saying, I've seen some who don't bat an eye and take it as if it was expected and no big deal even though they've "been wrongfully convicted and they're innocent".
On the other hand, on you tube there are video compilations of definitely guilty defendants fainting or crying hysterically when the guilty verdict is announced. Super-tough guys turning into babbling, wet babies. Then there are the drama queens (m and f) who put on either an angry, explosive act or put on the sad-sack faces and whine that "it's not fair, I didn't do it".

Youtube has some very entertaining verdict videos.

I was watching the verdict on Court TV. Prior to the jury coming in, the atty on the other side of Mark (not Mummert) said, stay stoic no matter what happens. He actually repeated it a couple of times. Mark was crying for himself...that he was finally caught and seen for who he really is. Nothing to do with being wrongfully accused IMO.
BBM. Did he actually do anything in the trial?

I didn't watch every second but I didn't see any contribution to the proceedings.

From the trial point of view he just basically babysat Mummert because he was DP qualified and Mummert isn't. I'm struggling to think of any conferring between Mummert and DP qualified attorney (I've forgotten his name). There was no communication between them that I can remember.

ETA: And babysat Mark too.

Did not the felon shake hands with MM just before the jury came in? They were standing up at this point. I thought it looked like ‘ I won’ hand shake and he gave a smile smile. MM looked baffled...like you don’t do that now.

Does anyone think he will now be brought up on Medicare fraud charges now? I think the state was holding on to those charges just in case he was found NG.

Strange trial, but the right verdict. I found the State's case less than compelling but the jury clearly found it compelling enough (or the Defence's case still less compelling). Good on them and good luck to Teresa's family and friends.

My wife and reflected back almost 4-1/2 years ago when she called me over to watch the sad news of our doctor's murder on TV. We were shocked and stunned since I had just seen Dr. Sievers a month prior.

Tonight I called out to my wife when they were announcing that a verdict was reached and she came running in from outside. This time it was high fives, but then we both had sadness watching the family exit the courtroom and angry that this whole thing even happened.

It took a lot of hard work but they finally got the Big Tuna along with his bumbling, idiotic minnows. I hope they all rot in hell.

BBM. Did he actually do anything in the trial?

I didn't watch every second but I didn't see any contribution to the proceedings.

From the trial point of view he just basically babysat Mummert because he was DP qualified and Mummert isn't. I'm struggling to think of any conferring between Mummert and DP qualified attorney (I've forgotten his name). There was no communication between them that I can remember.

ETA: And babysat Mark too.

Watching Court TV, you could barely make out what he was saying but I clearly saw/heard “be stoic. It was a whisper caught on a mic.

I wonder if the girls will give a victim impact statement.. I doubt it, but maybe.
Those poor girls! Collateral damage to him I am sure but more victims to us. Inexcusable! God Bless them and their families.
ETA Although I’m grateful for the guilty verdict I hate what his girls will endure this holiday season as I’m certain this year will be even worse. Ugh

I thought there was more evidence presented in the JRR case and was pretty confident that he would be found guilty of 1st degree murder and conspiracy. With that as my gauge, I was very cautious in this trial with less connection of MS to the actions of CWW and JRR. It goes to show that juries read things differently (in this case a good thing) and that the strength of the evidence can interpreted with varying degree. I found the prosecuting team a bit lack luster in each case given what I have seen at other trials but they did get the job done. I just wish that JRR was a 1st degree murder conviction.

I could not believe how careful the prosecution was threading in the beginning. Altogether they did not admit or present, what they could have and I think there is a reason for that.

Any alleged fraud charges against MS and eventually Dr Sievers could have put her and even some of the witnesses into a questionable light... Who knows what else it could have grown into. But then it could have been the plan B to still press charges against MS in another trial, if he had walked. Only my opinion of course.

The way the prosecution finished and eventually got the jurors to look straight through MS saved everyone a lot of headaches and taxpayers' money.. IMO

-Nin

Those poor girls! Collateral damage to him I am sure but more victims to us. Inexcusable! God Bless them and their families.
ETA Although I’m grateful for the guilty verdict I hate what his girls will endure this holiday season as I’m certain this year will be even worse. Ugh
I agree but they have a strong and honest support system on the maternal side. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back