OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt W’s knew this detail.
“When children come in possession of significant assets, as mentioned above, the natural parents – even if competent and fit parents – must apply to be guardians of the children's assets.
In Ohio, a guardian over a child's assets, whether it be the child's parents, a relative or other party, must be bonded by an insurance company.
The bond must be in an amount at least twice the value of the child's assets and must be paid for 100 percent in advance of the application. “

FW would have gladly put out the money for the bond. JMO

Guardian of the assets? That’s not the same as custody or guardian of the person is it? Makes no sense unless they thought the kids would inherit something. Are these documents posted somewhere here?

jmo but why George’s documents he already had legal custody didn’t he?

‘These are frequently referred to by these lawyers as “custody documents” but they are actually “Custody Upon My Early Demise” (Or something similar) documents. In other words they only take effect after death of the one who makes the bequeath. These are not the usual and customary docs for parental custody. It is believed by many of us sleuthers to be proof of motive for the murders. JMOO.

Guardian of the assets? That’s not the same as custody or guardian of the person is it? Makes no sense unless they thought the kids would inherit something. Are these documents posted somewhere here?

No, they're evidence for the upcoming trials of the 4 Wagners. We'll probably see them then. They are listed in the discovery documents in the Media & Timelines thread (the link is on the first page of this thread).

Hanna & Jake's daughter, S and her cousins, would have inherited a share of her grandfather's assets , which included some real estate, vehicles, etc.

‘These are frequently referred to by these lawyers as “custody documents” but they are actually “Custody Upon My Early Demise” (Or something similar) documents. In other words they only take effect after death of the one who makes the bequeath. These are not the usual and customary docs for parental custody. It is believed by many of us sleuthers to be proof of motive for the murders. JMOO.

ETA:
Dropbox - Declaration.pdf - Simplify your life

Thanks, Merrygirl, that’s not a term I’m familiar with. Googling...

I can’t see the amount of money the guardian would control as worthwhile in terms of motive. But custody and control of assets - still under court supervision - maybe?

I’m still having a hard time wrapping my head around custody as a motive. Revenge and “if I can’t have her no one will” maybe, and custody was an after thought. Seems like this should have been settled and documented earlier on in the planning.

Or something happened at the time of that confrontation

IDK. Most of the time if you can't pay for an attorney the judge appoints an attorney to represent you. That is how it is always been as far as I know.
JMO
Only if you tell them you cannot afford one. If she arranges for someone else to pay on her behalf then she will not get a public defender.

Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion. I don't think either party was forced into anything. I just think the prosecution did not want the Dailey files to come out just yet, as they involve the custody battle. Only my opinion.

That is a really good point and I didn't think about the prosecution not wanting it released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708