MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across another intriguing tip (not my own) that seems to have become quite neglected - perhaps rightly so - but interesting all the same. Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned (it's not easy to look through 14 pages and the search is meh to say the least).

I want to discuss a small tip that is almost never brought up. On the night the three went missing the clark at a convenience store spotted Sherill panicked looking for her daughter at 2:15 A.M. This would be around the same time Suzie and Stacy were last seen heading back to Suzie's house.

This tip was reported in the The Springfield News-Leader on June 22, 1992, just a couple weeks after the disappearance. You can read the clipping here. Or see my screencap here. Later the same paper would include this sighting as part of their timeline of the events leading up to the disappearance.

Dave Warren would go on to write about this sighting in his book "The Missing Three". In the passage he says the police ultimately didn't put much credit into this as it was just one persons memory.

I find this sighting fascinating because it is never brought up and if true would completely change the entire narrative of this case. Hours before Sherrill, her daughter, and her daughter's friend go up missing Sherrill is frantically looking for her daughter in the middle of the night. Do you put any weight into this tip? If so what does it mean?

-- u/yeezusosa

To me it suggests the very interesting alternate scenario which is that the Suzie and Stacy went out again (for what purpose?), that Sherill was kidnapped separately (presumably by the same person/group), and that they probably were not kidnapped from the house, contrary to what is popularly assumed, though that would explain the lack of any signs of a struggle - apart from the broken porch light.

I thought Francis Robb was convicted of killing two people.
reply- robb left a witness at the last killing , he came upon the girl and her 2 cousins, wading in the creek over the hill , panther creek , he says to her when am i getting that *advertiser censored* of yours she says never and sho0ts her legs from under her with a shotgun , pulls a pistol puts it to the head of the preachers son and says kill the others , the kid does and they take the bodies up the hill burning the car in the road , reports are he raped her till she was dead and then some , bodies were buried but the dog dug up an arm and a relative told him and the bodies were burned in a bathtub with the ashes scattered , the witness later testified

I thought Francis Robb was convicted of killing two people.
reply- robb left a witness at the last killing , he came upon the girl and her 2 cousins, wading in the creek over the hill , panther creek , he says to her when am i getting that *advertiser censored* of yours she says never and sho0ts her legs from under her with a shotgun , pulls a pistol puts it to the head of the preachers son and says kill the others , the kid does and they take the bodies up the hill burning the car in the road , reports are he raped her till she was dead and then some , bodies were buried but the dog dug up an arm and a relative told him and the bodies were burned in a bathtub with the ashes scattered , the witness later testified
I came across another intriguing tip (not my own) that seems to have become quite neglected - perhaps rightly so - but interesting all the same. Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned (it's not easy to look through 14 pages and the search is meh to say the least).

To me it suggests the very interesting alternate scenario which is that the Suzie and Stacy went out again (for what purpose?), that Sherill was kidnapped separately (presumably by the same person/group), and that they probably were not kidnapped from the house, contrary to what is popularly assumed, though that would explain the lack of any signs of a struggle - apart from the broken porch light.

no - incorrect, do not make up what you think happened , go with what you can prove , the cars are there ( the girls arrived ) one behind the other , as stacy followed suzie , there cloths are in the room , proof they undressed , the make up removal sponges on the sink show considerable time spent removing make up , the bed was slept in , the covers are still in evidence and hairs recovered show both girls were there.

no - incorrect, do not make up what you think happened , go with what you can prove , the cars are there ( the girls arrived ) one behind the other , as stacy followed suzie , there cloths are in the room , proof they undressed , the make up removal sponges on the sink show considerable time spent removing make up , the bed was slept in , the covers are still in evidence and hairs recovered show both girls were there.

I assure you I didn't make it up, I based it on facts I came across. Did you check the links?

As for my theory, then it is just that - a theory. I don't doubt that they got home, and probably did all the things you listed, but that doesn't mean that the tip is contradicted. They may have awoken and went out for some reason.

Remember, every clue must be considered and theories must be fluid. Open-mindedness is paramount when trying to solve mysteries.

P.S. Sorry for the slightly incoherent sentences - I don't fully understand what you mean and am trying to address every aspect of your comment.

today, you are confirmed that sheryl levitt was dating gerald carnahan , carnahan the billionaire killer convicted of killing jackie johns , and doing life in prison for it , suzys boyfriend reports that suzy hated carnahan and talked of how he watched her and make stupid weird comments , suzy admitted to being scared of canahan ,carnahan got three years for trying to kidnap heather starkey in ingram mill road with an employee , driving the truck carnahan grabbed heather and slipped on ice , letting her get away ,carnahans method of operation was established with this kidnapping , that being using an employee as a helper carnahans made several statements in front of witness of his involvement , . its in the police records , but is heresay as its heard and passed on , but does provide a stepping stone to the next bit of evidence and link

the taking of the girls and sheryl was a pro-hit sheryl was set to be buried under p.f.i. before the sun came up , the cement pour was poured at sunup . on a sunday morning , there was just one problem suzy was at a party , and in five hours all these kids were going to meet at white water , in seperate cars , so the plan was all these kids would bed down and head out in hours ,but at the last minute suzy is told ( theres no room get your *advertiser censored* home ) , so first anyone who has ever had girls knows theres always room for one more , this begins the first lie . janelle kirby sends suzy home , suzy simply turns to stacy and says i have a new water bed 4 days old , come with me , and off they go. fast forward to morning and janelle starts frantically calling suzies house , cause STACY is gone , why did janelle not head to white water as planned , and meet all the girls there , cause janelle knew that she screwed up . janelle later goes to suzys , house - WHY DID SHE NOT CALL STACYS HOUSE , hours go by and janelle spends the day in her boyfriend car , CRYING IN THE BACKSEAT , in a later interview , on the porch youtube video janelle says i did things with that girl and i did things with stacy but they didn't do things together .inadmissable heresay evidence , provides that over the years it was admitted that janelle was told to send suzy home

Good to see this back up for discussion.
Do you have a working link or a photocopy of the initial police report? None of the links I have found are working. They simply go to a current edition of the newspaper.

The new documentary aired last night, some interesting pieces I didn't know or had read about early on when I discovered this case and since forgotten. New interviews with Det. Asher, Rick Bookout, family members and friends (no Janelle or Bartt here).
  • According to Asher, Cox worked for a telephone company that carried out underground wiring outside Sherrill's house. I knew of the connection with him working at the same car dealership as Stuart McCall, but not this one. Mr McCall didn't ever remember seeing him during the time he worked there.
  • Janelle described the caller on the end of the obscene calls as sounding "teenish"
  • Sherrill's sister, Debra says she was intense, passionate, responsible, savvy and "the only way that anybody would get the best of her would be to hold a gun to her child's head"
Do you have screenshots of the last three pages of the initial incident report?

Dave Warren's book should not be taken for fact. It makes a lot of presumptions, inferences, and has many errors in it. I think it would be a mistake to put too much though into it, because it will just muddy up the water.

CAN'T SAY: Are you still pedaling that unfounded story? You have no proof of the things you say. You didn't years ago when you posted this same story, and you are still perpetuating that unfounded nonsense.

today, you are confirmed that sheryl levitt was dating gerald carnahan , carnahan the billionaire killer convicted of killing jackie johns , and doing life in prison for it , suzys boyfriend reports that suzy hated carnahan and talked of how he watched her and make stupid weird comments , suzy admitted to being scared of canahan ,carnahan got three years for trying to kidnap heather starkey in ingram mill road with an employee , driving the truck carnahan grabbed heather and slipped on ice , letting her get away ,carnahans method of operation was established with this kidnapping , that being using an employee as a helper carnahans made several statements in front of witness of his involvement , . its in the police records , but is heresay as its heard and passed on , but does provide a stepping stone to the next bit of evidence and link
There is no proof or shred of evidence linking Carnahan to Sherrill Levitt. Nor was Carnahan anywhere close to being a Billionaire.
Can't Say, you are perpetuating unfounded stories......."Again"

Or.....Option B. The crime scene was staged. Det. Asher seemed to think the crime scene looked good.....too good.
Just because their cars were there, doesn't mean they drove them
Just because their purses were there, doesn't mean they put them there.
And.......You have no idea what evidence police collected. You say "Hairs" were recovered. You could not know this, as only the people involved in the investigation........know this.
Please quit spreading false and/or unfounded stories. Have some integrity.

Dave Warren's book should not be taken for fact. It makes a lot of presumptions, inferences, and has many errors in it. I think it would be a mistake to put too much though into it, because it will just muddy up the water.

I see, I'll keep that in mind - thanks!
As for the tip, it seems to be corroborated by the newspapers, so surely it has at least some credibility?

the taking of the girls and sheryl was a pro-hit sheryl was set to be buried under p.f.i. before the sun came up , the cement pour was poured at sunup . on a sunday morning
As I noted here it's pretty exceptional to be able to get a concrete plant to open & produce on a Sunday, and then also drag in drivers to deliver in the trucks. It can happen on some exceptionally large or important projects, but this was a flat floor, for a retail building, in little old Springfield, MO, on a summer Sunday after a large part of the town would have been celebrating the High School graduation. If we believe this to be true then I'd be interested to know the concrete plant that was used and what would have "incentivized" them to go to such extraordinary lengths to work that Sunday?

The one thing I will say in defense of the PFI angle is, that rumor has been around from very close to the time the girls went missing. Many of the people I know, who have lived in Springfield all of their lives, heard that rumor early on.......way before the internet came around.
Carnahan angle.....Probably not.

PFI......Jury's still out!

Do you have a working link or a photocopy of the initial police report? None of the links I have found are working. They simply go to a current edition of the newspaper.
My newspaper clips aren't working? I don't have the first police report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth