GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview of the Oxygen show. I will definitely be watching this

In August 2018, Chris Watts murdered his entire family. Now, hear from the investigators who got him to confess. A new season of #CriminalConfessions premieres Saturday, December 7 at 6/5c on Oxygen.

Chris Watts: Criminal Confessions

I hope that they ask Tammy if she wore that sweater on purpose for a mental visual for Chris to look at the black and white striped sweater.

She did a good job and I'd like to hear from her.

Was just relistening to the confession tapes and had a thought. Chris talks about how he knew when he put the kids to bed what was going to happen and didn't stop it. I know we've all been thinking that this was his way of saying he wasn't in control of his mind but it really sounded like he had arranged for someone to come and kill them and it was too far gone to stop it from happening. This doesn't make him any less guilty but numerous people have said they couldn't see him being violent so could make sense that he had someone else (Jim & NK?) do it for him.

Lena Derhally just wrote a book, did you guys see? My Daddy is My Hero
Interesting. Comes out in Kindle on 9 December. Also describes the donations she will make to St Jude's in the name of Cece, Bella, Shan'ann and Nico derived from pre-sales and the first week of publication. She will post the receipts of the initial sales online to show the donations.
From the book description on Amazon:
"Using police discovery and other sources, Derhally recreates the night of the murders and the investigation that followed. She explores the childhoods, families of origin, meeting, and early relationship of Shanann and Chris Watts. She also examines Watts’s double life and duplicity regarding his well-publicized affair with a co-worker, who, although she claimed their affair was casual, was searching online for wedding dresses at the time of the murders."
"The book includes an in-depth look at community psychopaths, the different subtypes of narcissism, how to prevent this type of violence, and interviews with a neuroscientist, a criminal psychologist, and a journalist in order to determine what in Watts's twisted makeup allowed him to hide who he really is for so long. Using her knowledge of attachment theory, Imago relationship theory, and psychopathology, Derhally draws a profile of the real Chris Watts and--just as important--she warns readers that he is still a danger today."

If based principally on discovery, cutting and pasting, and on news reports it will be a weak book, like Cadle's. IMO. However even if I don't read it I am in favor of any book coming out that takes the stance that CW did it, and if the book doesn't bash the victims.

Interesting. Comes out in Kindle on 9 December. Also describes the donations she will make to St Jude's in the name of Cece, Bella, Shan'ann and Nico derived from pre-sales and the first week of publication. She will post the receipts of the initial sales online to show the donations.
"Using police discovery and other sources, Derhally recreates the night of the murders and the investigation that followed. She explores the childhoods, families of origin, meeting, and early relationship of Shanann and Chris Watts. She also examines Watts’s double life and duplicity regarding his well-publicized affair with a co-worker, who, although she claimed their affair was casual, was searching online for wedding dresses at the time of the murders."
"The book includes an in-depth look at community psychopaths, the different subtypes of narcissism, how to prevent this type of violence, and interviews with a neuroscientist, a criminal psychologist, and a journalist in order to determine what in Watts's twisted makeup allowed him to hide who he really is for so long. Using her knowledge of attachment theory, Imago relationship theory, and psychopathology, Derhally draws a profile of the real Chris Watts and--just as important--she warns readers that he is still a danger today."

I am glad some donations will be made in memory of Shan’ann and her children. It makes me very uneasy making income from a horrific tragedy like this I personally couldn’t do it.

She has good credentials. at least she may have an interesting focus on his psychology.
"About Lena Derhally
Lena Derhally is a licensed psychotherapist certified in Imago Relationship Therapy. She specializes in relationships and sees individuals and couples with a variety of issues. She has published numerous articles in The Washington Post and Huffington Post. She has also been interviewed for a variety of publications as an expert, including Self Magazine and Glamour Magazine. She is the co-host of a psychology podcast, "Sessions with Bob and Lena" and is a public speaker. In her spare time, when she is not spending time with her family and friends, she enjoys being a clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the George Washington School of Medicine where she mentors medical students. She is also very passionate about raising money and awareness for children with trauma who have been afflicted by war."

She has good credentials. at least she may have an interesting focus on his psychology.
"About Lena Derhally
Lena Derhally is a licensed psychotherapist certified in Imago Relationship Therapy. She specializes in relationships and sees individuals and couples with a variety of issues. She has published numerous articles in The Washington Post and Huffington Post. She has also been interviewed for a variety of publications as an expert, including Self Magazine and Glamour Magazine. She is the co-host of a psychology podcast, "Sessions with Bob and Lena" and is a public speaker. In her spare time, when she is not spending time with her family and friends, she enjoys being a clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the George Washington School of Medicine where she mentors medical students. She is also very passionate about raising money and awareness for children with trauma who have been afflicted by war."
I'll try her podcast, I'm a podcast addict.

If CW was at all remorseful he’d demand that Letters to Christopher author (and anyone else like her) pay a hefty percent of every dollar they earn from the horror to the Rzucek family. But he hasn’t. Any talk of him being “sorry” is just spin. Anyone publicizing he’s sorry is just perpetuating the spin and ought to be ashamed of themselves. Or have their head examined. Or both. IMO
RSBBM

Hoo. Ray. And amen.

I'd like to add a third option to your perfect list: It is my opinion, if not frank desire, that Watts' apologists and spin doctors ought to experience a quick dip in an oil tank. *not resulting in death

Maybe that would finally shut them up.

Lena Derhally just wrote a book, did you guys see? My Daddy is My Hero

Interesting. I have always thought that there should be empirical research done on Family Annihilators and men who kill their wives and girlfriends. To see if there were some sort of common identifiers, so, if you were involved with someone who met a similar profile, it might help a woman actually stop seeing her relationship with some sort of fantasy filter, and see the reality.

Cluster B personality disorders are really fascinating. There are some clues here and there but most of the time that person is seen as a 'great guy' who 'couldn't hurt a fly' until they yanno annihilate their whole family or kill their pregnant wife. Very common denominator is cheating but not always. The discard phase is dangerous but also very interesting.

CW mimics what is supposed to be normal. I chalk up his finding God to that. He may actually believe it, too, because he doesn't know what "real" is. If your persona is fake because you're a cluster B, faking it becomes the only "reality" you know. Nothing is authentic because they lack the ability to be so.

There's a blog site called Sociopath World and the woman who runs claims to be or thinks she may be a sociopath. One entry was about "Do sociopaths believe in God" and she said she did but it was very much a case of choosing a mask, imo. Same with CW.

CW mimics what is supposed to be normal. I chalk up his finding God to that. He may actually believe it, too, because he doesn't know what "real" is. If your persona is fake because you're a cluster B, faking it becomes the only "reality" you know. Nothing is authentic because they lack the ability to be so.

There's a blog site called Sociopath World and the woman who runs claims to be or thinks she may be a sociopath. One entry was about "Do sociopaths believe in God" and she said she did but it was very much a case of choosing a mask, imo. Same with CW.

The problem with studying these folks, is that almost everything they say is a lie or a con. And they lie so effortlessly, even about the most innocuous things.

Show tonight

Criminal Confessions will return for its third season on Oxygen on Saturday, Dec. 7 with a special 90-minute episode featuring the lead investigators on the Chris Watts case.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m really eager to hear from the investigators, especially Tammy. I was intrigued just watching the commercial...
“Oh my gosh, there’s Tammy”!

Thanks for the heads up. I’m really eager to hear from the investigators, especially Tammy. I was intrigued just watching the commercial...
“Oh my gosh, there’s Tammy”!

I just looked at my on demand for the Oxygen Channel, and it looks like it will not be on tonight, it is showing that it will be on tomorrow, Sunday night, in my market though. Next week it will be on Saturday night. Perhaps it got bumped for some reason this week?

Yes, I am really looking forward to the interview with Tammy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member