GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I feel dumber for having read that "transcript" of nothing, lol. What does she think will happen to her "brand" if her parents are sentenced? "So excited to return to filming"... lol. For a moment I had to think WTH she was talking about, a camera phone on a tripod in one's bedroom is not what I think of as "filming".

I dunno, maybe I'm just old, but... I can imagine teens being interested in her (eventually) talking about the changes this has made in her life. I find it hard to imagine teens being interested in hearing about her makeup and clothing preferences while simultaneously dodging the huge elephant in the room. I should think she would have to change her whole brand, at least for a while, and that "pensive introspection" would be a lot better look on her. Teens do have parents who have been sent to jail, and they do have opinions about it. She might lose an old audience, but gain a new one. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody has any doubt at this point, OJ is clearly shallow as a saucer and would never think of it.

You are absolutely right, but, this poor girl grew up in a home with zero moral compass. I don't see her changing her "brand" from "Clueless and Vapid" to "Pensive and Introspective". Umm, not to be rude, but this girl just didn't have the right stuff to get into USC, her parents bought her a space. She has spent her time trying on various lipsticks. Studying and helping others is probably not her genre.

I am at a loss as to how these Parents expected their kids to even graduate. Perhaps some would have applied themselves and been provided tutoring. I cant see Olivia being one of them. What were they thinking??? Great, I got in but I'm flunking 90% of my courses???

Wendy Williams slams 'entitled,' 'stupid' Olivia Jade and Lori Loughlin: 'Go away'

She concluded: “She’s 20 years old, 20 is old enough to know your parents rigged the system and your mom is going to jail. I wasn’t stupid at 20. I mean, I was stupid, but not stupid enough to know if my parents were crooks. I just think she should go to college, study something and become something and let us all forget about it.”

Lori Loughlin's daughter hopes we forget that rowing machine

The comments in her YouTube channel feed have been particularly scathing, far more than those on Twitter, even. Here is a sampling:

— “Girl nobody wants to watch a scammer pretend to be an innocent girl on YouTube that type of content is oversaturated already.”

— “This whole family is just so oblivious to the whole situation…..Amazing. But they are gonna get a wake up call when the parents are sentenced to jail.”

— “You knew you didn’t earn your way into college so are just as guilty as your parents. All of you deserve jail time!”

The last sentiment is backed by a former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani, who previously told this news organization that there is sufficient evidence that Olivia Jade and her sister “knew of the fraudulent conspiracy, agreed to participate in it, and took overt acts in furtherance of the conspiracy.” Rahmani said it’s even possible that Isabella and Olivia Jade could be charged in the case, or that prosecutors will use their alleged involvement to pressure their parents into finally taking a plea deal.

Last edited:
I am at a loss as to how these Parents expected their kids to even graduate. Perhaps some would have applied themselves and been provided tutoring. I cant see Olivia being one of them. What were they thinking??? Great, I got in but I'm flunking 90% of my courses???

Olivia was too confused about how to finalize her USC application and had to have one of Singer's workers do it for her. I assume someone would have also helped her get through college.

DECEMBER 3, 2019
External review of athletic admissions reaches conclusions, recommends reforms

In a letter to the university community, President Marc Tessier-Lavigne reports that an external review commissioned in the wake of Operation Varsity Blues found no evidence of additional fraud at Stanford but made recommendations for policies and procedures that the university will fully adopt.

Entire Stanford letter here:

External review of athletic admissions reaches conclusions, recommends reforms | Stanford News

Some of my favorite comments on the YouTube video:

Olivia: hi again
Everyone: she doesn’t even go here.

--

Olivia: "YouTube is my passion"
Me: But have you considered rowing?

--

No one:
Olivia Jade: I’m sorry I’ve been gone.

--

Abraham Lincoln: Is that me in the background?

--

“Moral of the story is I missed you guys so much” bruuuuh. That’s what she thinks the moral of the story is? How about not cheat to get into college? How about work hard for what you have. Or how about just say sorry??

--

I don’t think she understands what moral means, nope, she hasn’t a clue.

As for mom....

Lori Loughlin Is ‘Terrified’ of Spending Christmas Behind Bars

“Lori never imagined she could be spending Christmas behind bars,” the insider said, adding that she’s fearful of being alone. “She doesn’t want to be separated from her family, especially this time of year, and wishes she’d taken a deal in the beginning like Felicity Huffman.”

She is now facing 45 years behind bars when she goes to trial in 2020, although sources said she might cop a plea deal — landing her in prison earlier than she anticipated.

As for mom....

Lori Loughlin Is ‘Terrified’ of Spending Christmas Behind Bars

“Lori never imagined she could be spending Christmas behind bars,” the insider said, adding that she’s fearful of being alone. “She doesn’t want to be separated from her family, especially this time of year, and wishes she’d taken a deal in the beginning like Felicity Huffman.”

She is now facing 45 years behind bars when she goes to trial in 2020, although sources said she might cop a plea deal — landing her in prison earlier than she anticipated.
While I think Lori is going to end up in prison, I don't think there is any chance of her spending this Christmas behind bars. She does not have a sentencing date this year. Her next status hearing is 1/17/2020. Do these publications even read the clickbait crap they write?

Even if she "cops a plea deal," I can't see it happening this year. There are still other parents and defendants who pleaded guilty months ago who haven't been before a judge yet for sentencing. But I'm sure they'll just push Lori's case right on through in time for the holidays.

Good Lord! Her "brand" is done. Time to find a school that will take you on your own merit. Then get out in the real world. Doubt that will ever happen. Ride on Parents coat tails for the rest of her life? Or find a clueless rich dude. I don't hold out much hope for her making real change. IMO
RBBM.
Probably her best strategy at this point.

Lori is worried about spending Christmas in prison? That won't happen. But, honestly, what is Christmas going to look like at Lori Loughlin's house? This family is hardly going to be decorating a tree together.

Speaking of jail time...when is Mr. Macy to start his, after Christmas?

Nancy Grace Has Advice for Lori Loughlin as She Faces Possible Prison Sentence (Exclusive)

Nancy Grace Has Advice for Lori Loughlin as She Faces Possible Prison

As for what she thinks the future holds for Loughlin, Grace said, "When you don't know a horse, look at his track record. Other co-defendants charged in similar crimes have gotten jail time -- and very stiff fines. So I think with that in mind, I would try to work with prosecutors."

Grace thinks Huffman handled her case "incredibly."

"I think that saying, 'I did this, I'm embarrassed, I've caused my family a lot of pain,' ...it's not just for the public, it's for your children," she told ET. "To see mom say, 'You know what, I did something wrong. I was misguided, I was wrong.' And when an otherwise totally wonderful and good person stands in front of a judge and says, 'I screwed up. I did something horrible.' It's really hard to maintain your anger and seek retribution when someone's admitting they did this thing."

Grace added, "I think Felicity Huffman did an incredible job. And based on that, I know she did a bad thing but I think she set a really good example for her children by telling the truth."

Lori Loughlin Proud Of Olivia Jade For YouTube Comeback After Backlash – Hollywood Life

“Lori is incredibly proud of Olivia for making the decision to return to YouTube despite everything going on right now,” a source said. “She gave Olivia her full blessing.” Olivia’s YouTube comeback wasn’t smooth.

Lori and Mossimo pre-approved her message to fans, the source divulged, revealing that her parents “had the conversation with Olivia about what she wanted to discuss with her fans, and they all agreed that she was doing the right thing. It’s a difficult position for anyone to be put in, but they’re really doing the best they can given the circumstances.”

A second source added that Lori and Mossimo “both know how much she misses doing her videos, so they are all for her getting back to [posting].” Lori especially thought it was brave of Olivia to “put herself out there,” despite knowing that her comeback might not be received well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK