AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah no, I think that plenty of others are probably on the same wavelength. Without breaking T&Cs of websleuths I think this was absolutely a personal cause homicide, not random, rage-induced, and that taking baby V was likely an afterthought more than the ultimate motive. I was referring more in my earlier post to understanding why they had not yet been able to ID CH.

I find it intriguing that once Ansonia PD realized through a search that dad was in possession of weapons as a felon, they notified New Haven to arrest. It’s not the first time we have seen someone arrested on unrelated charges and later not be involved in the crime at hand, but it’s also certainly not uncommon either to see someone held on other charges while stuff is pending. From the PC I can’t tell if they’re being honest or keeping things quiet regarding dad.
I think they're being honest since they haven't really given us ANYTHING either way.

He's in custody for an unrelated crime, and he's cooperating with the investigation. That's all we've got.

Statistically, I completely agree it was a smart move to see if they could hold him on something unrelated. Even without knowing the brutality of the crime, it's likely to have been committed by someone CH knew. With VM missing, JM is the obvious first step. If they didn't suspect he was absolutely involved, I doubt his bond would have the stipulation that he cannot be released without the explicit permission of a judge.

Child's disappearance is baffling.
Why would someone take a child, especially someone not related? How do you hide a child, assuming the child is alive? Seems before long someone's going to find out. How much anger would it take to kill someone in an unrecognizable manner? Would that someone not be from the area?
Alot of anger.....IMO this was very personal.

Child's disappearance is baffling.
Why would someone take a child, especially someone not related? How do you hide a child, assuming the child is alive? Seems before long someone's going to find out. How much anger would it take to kill someone in an unrecognizable manner? Would that someone not be from the area?
Alot of anger.....IMO this was very personal.

Re: the item that caused the donation center employee to call the tip line--I wonder if it might have been all or part of an item that might have been used as a murder weapon. For random example, a bloody fireplace poker wrapped in a piece of curtain, or whatever your imagination can come up with. Then they'd be looking to figure out which bin it came from in case there were other things there.

Purely speculating.

I think they're being honest since they haven't really given us ANYTHING either way.

He's in custody for an unrelated crime, and he's cooperating with the investigation. That's all we've got.

Statistically, I completely agree it was a smart move to see if they could hold him on something unrelated. Even without knowing the brutality of the crime, it's likely to have been committed by someone CH knew. With VM missing, JM is the obvious first step. If they didn't suspect he was absolutely involved, I doubt his bond would have the stipulation that he cannot be released without the explicit permission of a judge.

Absolutely, re: the bond.

I think there is some stuff that can be inferred based on the way that answers to questions are given. Not much, granted, but some.

Ugh this is the worst. Today’s PC did not make me feel any better.

The plea came seconds after Lt. Patrick Lynch identified the child’s mother as homicide victim Christine Marie Holloway, who, according to public records, spent most of her 43 years living in Bridgeport before moving to Ansonia in September 2018.

The last contact any relative had with the mother and child was the evening of Nov. 29.
Tearful aunt pleads ‘keep her safe’ to whomever has 1-year-old Vanessa

Police have been parked in front of Holloway's home since Monday as part of the homicide and missing persons investigation.

Police were not able to say what items were collected but did say once they analyze them, it will hopefully provide some significant answers to Morales' possible whereabouts.

Their search, however, also expanded to the next town over in Derby where two bins were searched.

Morales' picture can be seen from the highway on billboards and since then, police said tips have been flowing in steadily.

Derby residents are also about being asked to help with the investigation. Derby Police said anyone who lives in the area of Derby Avenue to New Haven Avenue to the Orange town line and has a ring video system are asked to contact police.

Ansonia Police said they expect to hold a news conference every day at 5 p.m. to provide updates.
Mother of missing Ansonia baby identified; police search donation bins for clues

Ansonia Police said they expect to hold a news conference every day at 5 p.m. to provide updates.
Mother of missing Ansonia baby identified; police search donation bins for clues

I think they may regret that ^^^ promise of a daily presser. I have seen that in other cases, and it is very time consuming and becomes a drain of resources and manpower---especially if there is nothing new to report every day.

I think they may regret that ^^^ promise of a daily presser. I have seen that in other cases, and it is very time consuming and becomes a drain of resources and manpower---especially if there is nothing new to report every day.
The good thing is he said they would notify press by 3-4pm with a press release if no conference was planned- so they covered themselves IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23