AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-12-6_11-8-16.jpeg
“What we want to do is find this child,” Dr. Phil says in a preview of the episode posted on his website. “This child’s life and safety needs to override everything else and let us find this child.”

Alavez Perez, along with family spokesperson Jackie Rodriguez, will appear on the show to talk to Dr. Phil about how Dulce went missing and theories about what happened to her, according to preview videos posted on the show’s website.

In previews for the episode, Dr. Phil asks Alavez Perez if police suspected her in Dulce’s disappearance, which she answers affirmatively.

“I don’t know why I don’t cry in front of people,” she said. “I’m not sure why – just when I’m by myself. I don’t even cry in front of my parents.”

During Dr. Phil’s interview with Rodriguez, she revealed that she believes Alavez Perez knows more about her daughter’s disappearance than she is letting on.

“I’ve worked, sadly, with a lot of parents of children that have been abducted,” Dr. Phil said. “I have never worked with a mother that has been as emotionally flat about a missing child as Noema.”

Both agreed that Alaevez Perez “has not done something evil to her daughter.”

“She seems too calm,” Rodriguez said. “I feel like she knows that that child is ok. She’s missing her, but I feel like she knows she’s ok.”

So far, there has been a $52,000 reward for information leading to Dulce’s whereabouts. In one clip, Dr. Phil even offers to increase the reward to $75,000, if law enforcement say it’s ok.
Mother of missing Bridgeton girl to appear on 'Dr. Phil' Friday afternoon

McGraw then poses two key questions in a tightly edited segment:

"Are you involved in her abduction?" McGraw asks.

"No," responds Perez.

"Do you know who has her?" McGraw asks.

Except for a shot of Perez, there is no verbal response to the question. The narrator of the promo promises a "shocking revelation" from Rodriquez, and focuses on a surveillance photo showing the family buying ice cream before heading to the park.

"Do you think she may know more about what took place then she's telling?" McGraw asks. Rodriquez's face is shown along with a surveillance photo of the family getting ice cream before heading to the park but Rodriquez's answer is not revealed.
Dr. Phil show promises 'shocking revelation' about missing Dulce Alavez

“What we want to do is find this child,” Dr. Phil says in a preview of the episode posted on his website. “This child’s life and safety needs to override everything else and let us find this child.”

Alavez Perez, along with family spokesperson Jackie Rodriguez, will appear on the show to talk to Dr. Phil about how Dulce went missing and theories about what happened to her, according to preview videos posted on the show’s website.

In previews for the episode, Dr. Phil asks Alavez Perez if police suspected her in Dulce’s disappearance, which she answers affirmatively.

“I don’t know why I don’t cry in front of people,” she said. “I’m not sure why – just when I’m by myself. I don’t even cry in front of my parents.”

During Dr. Phil’s interview with Rodriguez, she revealed that she believes Alavez Perez knows more about her daughter’s disappearance than she is letting on.

“I’ve worked, sadly, with a lot of parents of children that have been abducted,” Dr. Phil said. “I have never worked with a mother that has been as emotionally flat about a missing child as Noema.”

“She seems too calm,” Rodriguez said. “I feel like she knows that that child is ok. She’s missing her, but I feel like she knows she’s ok.”

So far, there has been a $52,000 reward for information leading to Dulce’s whereabouts. In one clip, Dr. Phil even offers to increase the reward to $75,000, if law enforcement say it’s ok.

BBM.

Seriously? That's incredibly helpful. Good grief. I dislike this woman intently.

I can't wait to get home to watch it. I have my doubts. I think mom was doing something else entirely, maybe even left for a bit then came back. She is so not worry about her child. I think I have seen people have more emotions about pets than her about her daughter.

BBM. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I'm disappointed Dr. Phil did not take into account Noema's history and the fact that she is NOT the one who was raising Dulce. She had Dulce when she was 13 or 14 then had another child at 15 or 16. She is only 19 years old now and pregnant again. She never had a childhood herself but also never had to act as a mother acts towards her children. Why would we expect a mature and motherly emotional response from her? Dulce was more like another sister in Noema's life that she only saw on weekends than she was her daughter. She probably loves Dulce but it's not the same as it would be if she had had Dulce as an adult and was raising her on her own. Noema has her own problems going on and is emotionally immature because of what has happened in her life. Her saying she doesn't cry in front of people makes complete sense to me considering her background. Pregnant 3 times as a teen, a history of poverty and drug abuse tells me that she may have been abused by those men who made her pregnant and maybe by others too. She probably tried drugs to numb the pain. She is probably fighting a deep depression. The cycle of violence and abuse repeats itself and abuse victims build up a barrier for their emotions as a response. Is it any wonder she seems numb and doesn't react immediately when she is hurting? She buries her feelings with no reaction and then cries in private later. It's sometimes the only power an abuse victim feels they have-- to not let their abuser see them cry. She comes off as very timid and not as a person who is emotionally flat because they are manipulating the situation like a sociopath does. It's a shame if Dr Phil did not take the opportunity to highlight the difference between someone in Noema's situation and a sociopathic criminal that is emotionally flat because they are covering their true emotions. Has he never heard of learned helplessness as the result of abuse? Is anyone else seeing this the way I am or am I way out in left field here? MOO.

BBM. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I'm disappointed Dr. Phil did not take into account Noema's history and the fact that she is NOT the one who was raising Dulce. She had Dulce when she was 13 or 14 then had another child at 15 or 16. She is only 19 years old now and pregnant again. She never had a childhood herself but also never had to act as a mother acts towards her children. Why would we expect a mature and motherly emotional response from her? Dulce was more like another sister in Noema's life that she only saw on weekends than she was her daughter. She probably loves Dulce but it's not the same as it would be if she had had Dulce as an adult and was raising her on her own. Noema has her own problems going on and is emotionally immature because of what has happened in her life. Her saying she doesn't cry in front of people makes complete sense to me considering her background. Pregnant 3 times as a teen, a history of poverty and drug abuse tells me that she may have been abused by those men who made her pregnant and maybe by others too. She probably tried drugs to numb the pain. She is probably fighting a deep depression. The cycle of violence and abuse repeats itself and abuse victims build up a barrier for their emotions as a response. Is it any wonder she seems numb and doesn't react immediately when she is hurting? She buries her feelings with no reaction and then cries in private later. It's sometimes the only power an abuse victim feels they have-- to not let their abuser see them cry. She comes off as very timid and not as a person who is emotionally flat because they are manipulating the situation like a sociopath does. It's a shame if Dr Phil did not take the opportunity to highlight the difference between someone in Noema's situation and a sociopathic criminal that is emotionally flat because they are covering their true emotions. Has he never heard of learned helplessness as the result of abuse? Is anyone else seeing this the way I am or am I way out in left field here? MOO.
I agree something I've thought about a lot is that Noema's behavior is very similar to that of someone who has been abused as a child. I'm saying that she has been abused by anyone as there hasn't been anything other than her behavior to say this. The drug abuse, not letting herself cry, etc just screams abuse victim to me.

This. Exactly!

I don't know that she was abused, per se. But her actions are very "inward facing". She's had a rough road to walk. I don't care how she got on it, it's rough. I wish I could knock some heads together on her behalf.

You are not the only one. bbm I played shortfielder in softball in high school. Some people call it the rover position. If your in left field, I got you covered on your right and left sides. Insightful post much appreciated and heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07