GUILTY OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, 3, Salem, 13 May 2019 #2 *ARREST*

That's Good News To My Ears Woot!! Reem Him!! I Wasn't Aware Of Any Court Dates Before November 7th.. How'd That Happen?
I'm going to guess it's due to the new definition of aggravated murder in Oregon that went into effect September 29. MOO

New Oregon Death Penalty Rules Affect Old Cases, DOJ Finds
[...]

Aggravated murder is the only capital crime on the books in Oregon. Rather than seeking to do away with the death penalty entirely, which would require a public vote, death penalty opponents in the Legislature took a more novel approach this year: changing the definition of aggravated murder.

Once the law kicks in on Sept. 29, only terrorist acts that kill at least two people; premeditated murders of children under 14 years old or law enforcement; and killings in prison by convicted murderers will qualify for the death penalty. Moving forward, many crimes that currently qualify as aggravated murder will be considered murder in the first degree, not punishable by death.

[...]

I'm going to guess it's due to the new definition of aggravated murder in Oregon that went into effect September 29. MOO

New Oregon Death Penalty Rules Affect Old Cases, DOJ Finds
[...]

Aggravated murder is the only capital crime on the books in Oregon. Rather than seeking to do away with the death penalty entirely, which would require a public vote, death penalty opponents in the Legislature took a more novel approach this year: changing the definition of aggravated murder.

Once the law kicks in on Sept. 29, only terrorist acts that kill at least two people; premeditated murders of children under 14 years old or law enforcement; and killings in prison by convicted murderers will qualify for the death penalty. Moving forward, many crimes that currently qualify as aggravated murder will be considered murder in the first degree, not punishable by death.

[...]

<modsnip>

While the new law obviously affects the case, it is possible that a grand jury handed down a new indictment based on recently discovered facts.

Remember, while it has been revealed that Karissa died from a gun shot wound to the head, the DA refused to say how William was killed. We might learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article:

An amended Yamhill County Grand Jury indictment for double-murder suspect Michael Wolfe includes one count of aggravated murder and two counts each of first-degree murder, first-degree murder/constituting domestic violence and first-degree kidnapping...

The amended indictment was filed last week. Three members of law enforcement and one physician testified.

District Attorney Brad Berry said the indictment was amended to “conform with Senate Bill 1013” related to the aggravated murder and death penalty components.

[...]

The aggravated murder charge, as part of the amended indictment, alleges Wolfe acted “unlawfully, intentionally and with premeditation” in causing Billy’s death. Premeditation is a key element as the case proceeds.

One count of first-degree murder alleges that Wolfe “unlawfully and intentionally” killed Fretwell and her son, “in the course of the same criminal episode.”

A second first-degree murder charge alleges Wolfe, while “unlawfully and knowingly” attempting to commit the offense of first-degree kidnapping, “intentionally” caused Billy’s death.

[...]

I have to chuckle at the comment regarding having enough deputies who are young enough and fit enough to tackle the Big Bad Wolfe. Some of Yamhill County's deputies have been eating so well that simply sitting on a suspect would constitute cruel and unusual punishment as well as deadly force.

On a serious note, to support the charge of aggravated murder of William, the DA needs to be able to prove that his death was intentional, not accidental. They know the cause of death.

Thursday, November 7th:
*Status Check Hearing (@ 1:10pm PT) - OR – Karissa Alyn Fretwell (25) & William “Billy” Alan Fretwell II (3) (last seen May 13, 2019, reported missing May 17, 2019, Salem; found June 15, 2019 approx. 10 miles west from Yamhill on Weyerhauser property off Turner Creek Rd. LE believe they were dead on May 16, 2019) – *Michael John Wolfe (52) “father of Billy” – sought for questioning since 5/23/19, arrested (5/23/19), charged (5/28/19), originally indicted (6/6/19) & arraigned (6/21/19) with 2 counts of aggravated murder, 1 count 1st degree murder/constituting domestic violence & 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping. Indictment amended (10/25/19) to 1 count of aggravated murder, 4 counts of 1st degree murder & 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping. No plea entered yet. Held without bond.
Court hearing from 5/24/19 thru 7/10/19 reference post #3 here:
Found Deceased - OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 #2 *ARREST*

8/5/19 Update: Discussed use of restraints and subpoenas. No restraints per Judge. Atty Sweeny to submit formal motion regarding subpoenas-to be heard at next hearing. Next hearing on 10/2 with 1 hr-motion re: subpoena exemption from local rule and status hearing.
10/2/19 Update: Defense attorney withdraw their motion regarding subpoenas. Next Status check hearing to set future court appearances, including trial dates on 11/7.
10/25/19 Update: An amended Yamhill County Grand Jury indictment for double-murder suspect Michael Wolfe includes 1 count of aggravated murder & 2 counts each of first-degree murder, first-degree murder/constituting domestic violence and first-degree kidnapping, District Attorney Brad Berry said the indictment was amended to “conform with Senate Bill 1013” related to the aggravated murder and death penalty components. Wolfe was originally indicted on 2 counts each of aggravated murder & first-degree kidnapping, in addition to 1 count of aggravated murder/constituting domestic violence.

From your article Canader - this is what happened:

McMINNVILLE, Ore. (KOIN) — Michael Wolfe, accused of killing Salem mother Karissa Fretwell and their 3-year-old son, had his charges amended in a Yamhill County courtroom Thursday.

Wolfe, 52, was originally facing 3 counts of aggravated murder. But because of a new Oregon law modifying what crimes fall under the only charge that could bring the death penalty, he is now facing just one count of aggravated murder, plus 1st-degree murder and kidnapping charges.

Next month, Wolfe’s defense plans to file a motion to dismiss the aggravated murder charge.

His next scheduled day in court is December 27.

Going to assume he pled not guilty....

from the court site:

11/07/2019 Hearing - Status Check
Judicial Officer: Chapman, Jennifer
Hearing Time: 1:10 PM
Result: Held
Comment: to set future dates & arraignment on amended indictment
Parties Present:
Plaintiff: State of Oregon
District Attorney: Yamhill County District Attorney
Defendant: Wolfe, Michael John
Privately Retained: GENTRY, DIANNA J
Court Appointed: SWEENEY, PATRICK JOHN

11/07/2019 Record - Proceedings
Comment: def counsel to file motion to dismiss by 11/21/19-response due 12/12/19-reply 12/20/19

12/27/2019 Hearing - Motion
Judicial Officer: Easterday, Cynthia L
Hearing Time: 9:30 AM
Comment: 2 Hours - def motion to dismiss count 1 and to set future dates

link: OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

From your article Canader - this is what happened:

McMINNVILLE, Ore. (KOIN) — Michael Wolfe, accused of killing Salem mother Karissa Fretwell and their 3-year-old son, had his charges amended in a Yamhill County courtroom Thursday.

Wolfe, 52, was originally facing 3 counts of aggravated murder. But because of a new Oregon law modifying what crimes fall under the only charge that could bring the death penalty, he is now facing just one count of aggravated murder, plus 1st-degree murder and kidnapping charges.

Next month, Wolfe’s defense plans to file a motion to dismiss the aggravated murder charge.

His next scheduled day in court is December 27.

Going to assume he pled not guilty....

This only confirms my belief that the DA has proof that William was murdered rather than by some other manner of death. To have such proof, they need to know cause of death.

I'm Calling Today Fretwell Friday. Because Today I Will Tell You Some Things That You Didn't Know About Karissa. Her Favorite Animal Is Cats; However She Adores Finger Monkeys More Than Anything In This World. She Was A Proud And Talented Light Glover. She Hated Beans. Anything Beans And She Would Literally Start Gagging Lol. Her Favorite Food Is Breakfast Foods, Which Is The First Thing We Ever Bonded Over. She Was Very Advanced In Sign Language And Even Asked My Dad For His Last Name For A Science Sign Language Assignment. She Considered My Dad A Dad. She Called Him That. I Never Asked Her To. And With Her Trusting Him She Would Always Vent. Everytime She Came To My House This 1 Infamous Inmate In Polk County Had So Many Sodemy Charges (Over 30) She Would Always Look Him Up And Would Pop Off With "He Likes It In The But!" And We Would All Just Start Dying Laughing. She Was My Best Friend And I Wish My Social Anxiety Didn't Effect Me At Her Funeral.. Because I Have So Much More To Say. Sorry For The Come Down, I Feel So Emotionally Hurt Today. My Grandmother/Real Mother Has Passed This Year Nov.4th. And She Was The One I Cried To About Karissa And Billy And Now.. I Can't Cry To Anyone Just Myself..

I'm Calling Today Fretwell Friday. Because Today I Will Tell You Some Things That You Didn't Know About Karissa. Her Favorite Animal Is Cats; However She Adores Finger Monkeys More Than Anything In This World. She Was A Proud And Talented Light Glover. She Hated Beans. Anything Beans And She Would Literally Start Gagging Lol. Her Favorite Food Is Breakfast Foods, Which Is The First Thing We Ever Bonded Over. She Was Very Advanced In Sign Language And Even Asked My Dad For His Last Name For A Science Sign Language Assignment. She Considered My Dad A Dad. She Called Him That. I Never Asked Her To. And With Her Trusting Him She Would Always Vent. Everytime She Came To My House This 1 Infamous Inmate In Polk County Had So Many Sodemy Charges (Over 30) She Would Always Look Him Up And Would Pop Off With "He Likes It In The But!" And We Would All Just Start Dying Laughing. She Was My Best Friend And I Wish My Social Anxiety Didn't Effect Me At Her Funeral.. Because I Have So Much More To Say. Sorry For The Come Down, I Feel So Emotionally Hurt Today. My Grandmother/Real Mother Has Passed This Year Nov.4th. And She Was The One I Cried To About Karissa And Billy And Now.. I Can't Cry To Anyone Just Myself..

i offer hugs and peace to you. i am sorry :(

Thankyou All.. Venting I Guess Is My Way Of Coping.. I Hate Making People Feel Upset So I Can't Talk About It In Real Life Really... Plus No One Around Me Seems To Care Too Much So Yea.. Have An Awesome Night Everyone I Just Wanted To Include You All Since You All Are Very Involved.

Thank you for sharing these little details about your bestie with us. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. (((Hugs))) MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back