FL - Shooter among 4 dead, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, 6 Dec 2019

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/shooter-us-navy-base-florida-1.5386631
Dec6 2019

"A shooter opened fire in a classroom building at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Fla., on Friday morning in an attack that left four people dead, including the assailant, and multiple people wounded.

The shooting — the second at a U.S. navy base this week — prompted a massive law enforcement response and a lockdown.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said four people had been killed and the two sheriff's deputies who were the first to respond, including one who killed the shooter, were wounded but expected to recover.

Eight people were taken to Baptist Health Care in Pensacola, and one of them died, Morgan said.

NAS Pensacola employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel, according to its website. One of the navy's most historic and storied bases, it sprawls along the waterfront southwest of downtown Pensacola and dominates the economy of the surrounding area.

It's home to the Blue Angels flight demonstration team, and includes the National Naval Aviation Museum, a popular regional tourist attraction.
shooting.jpg

This photo taken from video provided by WEAR-TV shows emergency responders near the Naval Air Station. (WEAR-TV via The Associated Press)

Suspect Among 4 Dead in Shooting at Fla. Naval Air Station
rbbm.
"The shooting — the second at a U.S. Navy base this week — prompted a massive law enforcement response and lockdown at the base.

Morgan would not say if the suspected shooter belonged to the military and said he did not want to speculate on whether the shooting was terrorism-related.

20221797-Naval-Air-Station-Pensacola-FL.jpg

Jason Bortz, a public affairs officer for the station, also confirmed to NBC News there was an active shooter and the base was on lockdown. They started receiving calls at 6:30 a.m. ET and local authorities and military police responded.

"We are actively monitoring the shooting that occurred this morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola. We are receiving updates from @fdlepio Commissioner Swearingen and offering our full support to law enforcement," Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis tweeted."

Deeply saddening to hear of the lives lost.

I join everyone in praying for the injured that they fully recover. I understand that two of the injured are officers who responded courageously.

My heart goes out to the loved ones who have suffered a great loss today.

Last edited:
Officials at NAS Pensacola report that active shooter incident occurred this morning. 4 people are confirmed dead, including shooter as well as multiple injuries. The base is still in lockdown as first responders secure the scene. Security and NCIS is currently investigating.
NAS Pensacola on Twitter

Active Shooter Update: The names of the victims will not be released until the next of kin have been notified. More information will be released as it becomes available.
NAS Pensacola on Twitter

NAS Pensacola (@NASPCOLA) | Twitter

Fatal shooting at Pensacola Naval Base; four dead including shooter

"Sheriff: Deputies engaged the shooter"

"David Morgan, sheriff of Escambia County, said two deputies engaged the shooter, and “It was a member of the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office that did negate the threat.”

The two officers were shot during the exchange with the gunman.

Morgan said that one deputy was shot in the arm and another was shot in the knee. “Both expected to survive,” Morgan said."

Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"According to the Associated Press, the suspect was “a Saudi aviation student.” CNN reported that the suspect was “a member of the Saudi Arabian military training at the station.” The Saudi Arabian government or embassy have yet to comment on reports that Alshamrani was the suspect in the attack".

"Although they declined to say which one, the mass shooting started in a classroom building, authorities revealed in the press conference."

“We have multiple patients at the front gate,” an officer said.

“One additional fatality has been confirmed. Unknown number of injured people being transferred to local hospitals. NAS Pensacola is on lockdown.” In a follow-up tweet, the Navy wrote, “A second victim has been confirmed deceased.”

3. 3 of the 9/11 Hijackers Gave Their Addresses as Being at Naval Air Station Pensacola"

Poor woman must have been on pins and needles until she heard back from her husband, imo.
ribbm.
Pensacola shooter was a Saudi aviation student: official
"The student, who was fatally shot by a sheriff’s deputy, was a second lieutenant in the Saudi Air Force, said two U.S. officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose information that had not yet been made public. The officials said authorities were investigating whether the attack was terrorism-related.

Eleven people were shot all together, including two sheriff’s deputies who were the first to respond, one of whom killed the shooter, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said. One of the deputies was shot in the arm and the other in the knee, and both were expected to recover, he said.

The base remained closed until further notice and those still there would be evacuated when authorities decided it was safe to do so, Kinsella said.

L S, 31, said her husband, a Navy reservist and civilian worker on the base, was about 500 yards from where the shooting happened. She said she got a call from him a little after 7 a.m. and “one of the first things out of his mouth was, ‘I love you. Tell the kids I love them. I just want you to know there’s an active shooter on base.'”

Her husband, whom she declined to identify, later told her he was OK."

Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"According to the Associated Press, the suspect was “a Saudi aviation student.” CNN reported that the suspect was “a member of the Saudi Arabian military training at the station.” The Saudi Arabian government or embassy have yet to comment on reports that Alshamrani was the suspect in the attack".

"Although they declined to say which one, the mass shooting started in a classroom building, authorities revealed in the press conference."

“We have multiple patients at the front gate,” an officer said.

“One additional fatality has been confirmed. Unknown number of injured people being transferred to local hospitals. NAS Pensacola is on lockdown.” In a follow-up tweet, the Navy wrote, “A second victim has been confirmed deceased.”

3. 3 of the 9/11 Hijackers Gave Their Addresses as Being at Naval Air Station Pensacola"

BBM:

Color me confounded.

I had no idea this type of training of Saudi Arabian military forces was occurring at American bases and on American soil.

Seriously, what did we expect was going to happen?

This practice of training Saudi forces needs to stop, like, yesterday.

The Saudi military is no friend to Israel.

The enemy of my friend is my enemy.

JMO.

Last edited:
Live updates: Deadly shooting at Pensacola naval base - CNN
10 min ago
FBI's Pensacola probe is global, with agents in Saudi Arabia working on it

From CNN's Josh Campbell

The FBI’s probe into the Pensacola shooting is now a global investigation, a law enforcement source told CNN.

The source said the bureau has now tasked its agents posted full-time in Riyadh with liaising with the Saudi Arabian government to obtain background information on the shooter.

The suspected shooter, who died in the shooting, was a member of the Saudi military training at US Naval Air Station in Pensacola.

13 min ago
Saudi king orders his security services to cooperate with the US following Florida shooting
From CNN’s Mohammed Tawfeeq and Hamdi Alkhalisi

Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud expressed his "deep sadness and sorrow" in a phone call with the US President Donald Trump on Friday after he received the news about "a Saudi student shooting incident in Florida, which resulted in the death and injury of a number of American citizens," according to Saudi state-run SPA news.

Live updates: Deadly shooting at Pensacola naval base - CNN
10 min ago

The FBI’s probe into the Pensacola shooting is now a global investigation, a law enforcement source told CNN.

The source said the bureau has now tasked its agents posted full-time in Riyadh with liaising with the Saudi Arabian government to obtain background information on the shooter.

The suspected shooter, who died in the shooting, was a member of the Saudi military training at US Naval Air Station in Pensacola.

13 min ago
Saudi king orders his security services to cooperate with the US following Florida shooting
From CNN’s Mohammed Tawfeeq and Hamdi Alkhalisi

Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud expressed his "deep sadness and sorrow" in a phone call with the US President Donald Trump on Friday after he received the news about "a Saudi student shooting incident in Florida, which resulted in the death and injury of a number of American citizens," according to Saudi state-run SPA news.

RSABBM:

That's just peachy.

Newflash, FBI:

To quote Pat Benatar: "It's a little too little, it's a little too late.

My expectation would be that this type of background check would have been performed on ANY Saudi military coming into the US for ANY reason, much less for military training.

Are we really this gullible?

Because if so, we're incredibly vulnerable.

So let me get this straight: As a U.S. citizen, I'm taking off my shoes and practically disrobing at the airports just to take a 2-hour flight while these guys are apparently striding right through security?

Furious right now.

This tragedy was absolutely avoidable.
This is on our government.
They didn't put protecting our own citizens and our own military members first.

JMO.

Last edited:

What caught my ear in this presser is that he said the shooter was a member of the Saudi airforce training here in U.S....employ of a foreign national service on our soil training to do this

"one of the things that I talked to the President about is given that this was a foreign national in the employ of a foreign service is ...the government of Saudi Aurabia needs to make things better for the victims, and I think that they are going to owe a debt here given that this is one of their individuals."

Makes me think of the current situation with the current dispute of UK with the US as Sacoolas killed a young man Harry Dunn and the US will not do such in turn what this person is saying right now.

Moving on, before political implications......

Last edited:
The air station schoolhouse also trains pilots from partner militaries in more than 120 countries, including Saudi airmen.
The Navy-run international training center offers courses teaching skills ranging from basic aviation to five-week courses in advanced leadership for senior Saudi naval officers. The center also provides an eight-week preparatory training course in basic aviation for cadets from the Royal Saudi Air Force who go on to train with the U.S. Air Force, according to a Navy website.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/12/06/naval-station-pensacola-active-shooter/

The Pensacola naval base has long hosted international students from United States allies for flight training, including high-ranking Saudi officials. A “couple hundred” foreign students are enrolled in the program, said Captain Timothy Kinsella Jr., the base commander.

Unauthorized weapons are not allowed on the base, Captain Kinsella said, adding, “You can’t bring a weapon on base unless you’re part of the security forces.”

Florida Shooting Updates: Authorities Say It’s Too Early to Know if It’s Terrorism

"Immersing international students in our U.S. Navy training and culture helps build partnership capacity for both the present and for the years ahead," Cmdr. Bill Gibson, the center’s officer in charge, said in 2017. "These relationships are truly a win-win for everyone involved."

The majority of the hundreds of foreign aviation students who have participated in the program are from Saudi Arabia, the Navy says. The Naval training program has about 1,500 pilots in total.

Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link

Many U.S. military pilots have complained for decades that some of the Saudi pilots are not safe flyers, sources said.

Sources told Fox News that the scene of the shooting -- a classroom, where students usually spend three months at the beginning of the program -- indicated that the shooter was a student who was “early” in his training.

"Immersing international students in our U.S. Navy training and culture helps build partnership capacity for both the present and for the years ahead," Cmdr. Bill Gibson, the center’s officer in charge, said in 2017. "These relationships are truly a win-win for everyone involved."

The majority of the hundreds of foreign aviation students who have participated in the program are from Saudi Arabia, the Navy says. The Naval training program has about 1,500 pilots in total.

Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link

Many U.S. military pilots have complained for decades that some of the Saudi pilots are not safe flyers, sources said.

Sources told Fox News that the scene of the shooting -- a classroom, where students usually spend three months at the beginning of the program -- indicated that the shooter was a student who was “early” in his training.

RSABBM:

Sure, Commander!

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the families of the 4 Americans who were murdered by the militant Saudi how this relationship has proved to be a huge "win-win" situation for them.

Just exactly how stupid can we be?

Rhetorical question.

JMO.

and there are at least 200 more saudi students
training at our military bases--i guess the powers
that be in our government forgot about 911-
that is totally disgusting
Ita.

What will it take --another 9/11 to wake America up ?
Not saying anyone wants this; just that it may be inevitable.
We are all asleep and too afraid to call a spade a spade.
Or rather-- if it looks like a duck and quacks like one....
Much too afraid to be anything other than 'politically correct' and we'd never want to offend anyone, right ?

Rest in gentle peace to the innocent lives lost to this waste of a human life.
Strike that --people who murder innocents are no longer human.
Irks me to see his idiotic face featured in the DM's front page and no photos of the victims.
Why ?
Didn't their lives matter ?
The media seems to care more about the criminal and nothing for the innocent beings slaughtered.
Why can't they at least have a full page photo-- and the killer nothing except a thumbnail, and maybe not even that ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back