Resolved NY - Brooklyn, BlkMale 17-23, 942UMNY, dismembered remains found in 2 locations, Jul'05 - namus removed

Yes I was thinking the same I was looking for a lighter skinned since the beginning they assumed he was hispanic or black.. oh if you want to submit him you can.. I have given up submitting nobody ever gets back to me so I just post them up on here and let whoever wants to take it..... You have really followed this for a while now and I like how you have found the other people that seem to follow Govans pattern.. good eye!!!

The dentures make that a very strong match. You should submit it! I thought Stephen Beard
attachment.php
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4798dmmd.html could be a match but he has no identifiers :( I honestly think Joseph Sweat is a stronger match. The way he has a lighter complexion to me also would make it strong. Although the DNA recon appears darker this UID was listed as White/Hispanic from the time he was found in 2005 until last month. Because the torso was found only days after he was probably killed (and the head was found a few days later and decomposed) I am guessing that the race may have been determined visually back in '05.

Yes I was thinking the same I was looking for a lighter skinned since the beginning they assumed he was hispanic or black.. oh if you want to submit him you can.. I have given up submitting nobody ever gets back to me so I just post them up on here and let whoever wants to take it..... You have really followed this for a while now and I like how you have found the other people that seem to follow Govans pattern.. good eye!!!

Thanks! It's overwhelming -the more I look the more I find. I doubt they're all related. I am curious about the Queens/Brooklyn case you mentioned. The way Sharabia Thomas was found in laundry bags makes me wonder about these two: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...laundry-bag-brooklyn-street-article-1.1023264 (later identified but can't find her identity) and Lionel Ashley, 2004:

Metro Briefing New York: Brooklyn: Police Identify Body Found In Bag
Michael Wilson (NYT); Compiled by George James New York Times, Late Edition (East Coast); New York, N.Y.[New York, N.Y]05 Oct 2004: 6.
A stabbing victim whose body was found in a laundry bag in front of a Crown Heights house on Saturday has been identified as Lionel Ashley, 26, of East 227th Street in the Bronx, the police said yesterday. The motive for the killing is unknown, and there have been no arrests. The nylon bag was left in front of a house in the 1100 block of Park Place where a neighbor noticed it at 10 a.m. on Saturday, tried to move it and found it to be too heavy. Another neighbor discovered the body inside and called the police. Mr. Ashley was arrested twice for assault: in 2002 and in 2000, the police said. Michael Wilson (NYT)

Maybe even this case of Peter Williams from 1998: http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/22/nyregion/body-is-identified-as-missing-brooklyn-doctor.html

SLAIN MAN IDD AS DOC IN BROOKLYN
CAROLINA GONZALEZ and ALICE McQUILLAN. New York Daily News; New York, N.Y. [New York, N.Y]22 Dec 1998: 6.
A beaten, sheet-wrapped body found in a Brooklyn lot last week has been identified as a beloved doctor who was known to patients for his easy manner and affinity for house calls, authorities said yesterday.The body of Dr. Pete David Williams, 42, was discovered in an East New York lot Dec. 16. He had been beaten and smothered, wrapped in sheets and stuffed into a plastic bag, cops said.
Stripped of all but his underwear, the Trinidadian immigrant lay unidentified in the Brooklyn morgue for five days even though his estranged wife, Judy, reported him missing Dec. 11, the day he disappeared. She identified him yesterday.
In a bizarre twist, Judy Williams was quoted over the weekend before the identification as saying she believed he had been beaten, tied up and dumped. But she insisted she believed he was still alive.
Yesterday, while speaking to authorities, she distanced herself from that comment, attributing it instead to another relative, said a police source. She was too upset to speak to reporters.
Detectives are reviewing the doctor's finances, insurance policies, home life and patient lists to determine whether anyone would want to kill the friendly general practitioner.
"We're looking at everyone, like we always do," an investigator said.
Williams died of brain hemorrhaging from a severe beating with a blunt object and from suffocation, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the city medical examiner.
Williams' 1996 black Lexus, which he was driving the night he vanished, was found abandoned Sunday afternoon on Ralph Ave. in Flatbush.
He was last seen getting takeout Caribbean food on Rutland Road, where he stopped after dropping off his autistic 7-year-old son at a friend's house.
Williams also is the father of a 4-year-old daughter. He separated from his wife about four months ago.
For 17 years, he saw patients in an office on Linden Blvd. in East Flatbush.
Before moving out, he lived with his wife and children on the second floor of the same building. Teary-eyed patients and neighbors streamed out of the house yesterday, extolling the virtues of a physician known for making house calls and giving patients a break on their bills.
"He used to do house calls with geriatric patients, even all the way to Staten Island, even at 2:30 in the morning. He would come to your house if you needed it," said patient Thalia Ifill.
The doctor's brother, Trevor, said the physician had no known enemies.
"Everybody is devastated; everywhere we went to put up flyers people knew him," said Trevor Williams. "We knew Saturday night that something was wrong because he's a very, very responsible person."

Short Crime Watch Daily segment:
[video=youtube;8qlj8ikiZN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlj8ikiZN0[/video]

I believe that the connection to Kwauhuru Govan may be why this case is now getting more attention with the updates. Thanks for posting the article! Here's the '07 case also mentioned: The Doe Network: Case File 736UFNY
I have tried to figure out who she was identified as with no luck.

There's a very similar case from 2002 that I also think could be related but I have not seen LE connect it: NY - NY - Brooklyn, BlkFem 758UFNY, 30-40, in vacant building, Feb'02 758UFNY
Both of these cases were of dismembered women found in abandoned buildings in the same area. There's another case of a man found dismembered in an abandoned building on the same day as the 2002 case: GRISLY FINDS IN B'KLYN He was identified, which I confirmed with NamUs but was also unable to figure out who he was.

I really think that there are more cases that could be connected to KG including these but possibly others too.
The injuries to the face and hands being chopped off really reminds me of this case: The Doe Network: Case File 335UMNY I wonder if there is a connection. Not sure if that has ever been brought up.

One ruleout publicly listed in Namus for this case (UP5530 Arkadiy Tashman) though we assume others submitted upthread have also been considered/ruled out).

I see the Byond the Rainbow podcast has recently uploaded an episode about one of killer Kwauhuru Govan’s earlier victims (Rashawn Brazil). I’ve not had a chance to listen.

NamUs #UP5628

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race/Ethnicity: Black / African American
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 17-23
Estimated Year of Death: 2005
Estimated PMI: N/A
Height: 5'8" (68 inches), Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: July 27, 2005
NamUs Case Created: July 23, 2009
ME/C QA Reviewed: July 24, 2009
Location Found: Brooklyn, New York
County: Kings County
Circumstances of Recovery: Dismembered torso was found at garbage recycling center on 222 Masbeth Ave. On 7/30/05, a head was found in a community garden at 356 Stuyvesant Ave. DNA and Anthropology evidence linked the remains to each other.
Inventory of Remains: One or more limbs not recovered, one or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features: Unknown

Clothing and Accessories
- None

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online