NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #2

10-year anniversary of Kyle Fleischmann disappearance

“I’m not sure closure is even possible. I think you just learn to live with it,” said Dick Fleischmann.

Dick Fleischmann also says his family continues to move on. Kyle's younger brother and sister are now in their 30's and the family has moved out of state.

He says he believes Kyle was murdered that night and the body has just never been found.

“I think he was killed and buried and it was a perfect storm that construction came in and built on top of him and that’s why he hasn’t been found.

A decade since his disappearance, we ask: What happened to Kyle Fleischmann?

Thank you for doing that! I think it looks a lot like him and ATL isn't far from here and wasn't there a case in that area around the same time Kyle went missing and questions of them being related? I'll have to go back and read. I sure hope this brings answers.

ETA: In the article linked above, it talks about Justin Gaines, that is who I was referring to.
I see Kyle hasn't been ruled out yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I see Kyle hasn't been ruled out yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not. They told me when I sent it in it could take up to 2 years. From comparing both stats I doubt it’s a match, however hope remains this may be some closure finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am from a small town around Charlotte and I heard a lot about this case, my question is this I know they haven't found a body but do you think that the Smiley Face Killers could be involved some way? He fits all the parameters that they have laid out as far as their MO, except the body not being found? I just can't shake the feeling they are somehow involved

Anyone here still following Kyle’s case? Remember the reports of the bad stench around/at the Noda apartment complex under construction at the time? Was anything done about that at that time? If not, WHY? I take it there is no way, at this point, to try and see if there are any remains there (without tearing down the building)? Anything else that can be done at this point, especially locally in uptown Charlotte?

Last edited:
I am from a small town around Charlotte and I heard a lot about this case, my question is this I know they haven't found a body but do you think that the Smiley Face Killers could be involved some way? He fits all the parameters that they have laid out as far as their MO, except the body not being found? I just can't shake the feeling they are somehow involved
Highly doubt it. I know the smiley theory has been brought up re: several people. I never believed in tha. IMO, I believe Kyle was approached while walking down the street (away from uptown) and was robbed, taken away by car, killed and dumped. Many sketchy people around the outskirts of Charlotte, especially 10pm-6am. Stories on the news here all the time about various nonsense going on.

Last edited:
Highly doubt it. I know the smiley theory has been brought up re: several people. I never believed in tha. IMO, I believe Kyle was approached while walking down the street (away from uptown) and was robbed, taken away by car, killed and dumped. Many sketchy people around the outskirts of Charlotte, especially 10pm-6am. Stories on the news here all the time about various nonsense going on.

I agree with this. I used to live in Charlotte. I've had two friends attacked while out at night in the same area, and these happened more recently even after the area has been somewhat gentrified. One of my friends, a male, was out jogging and knocked out from behind. He was approached by 4 males who had him get into their car. After robbing him, they took him to a more remote area and made him lie in a ditch while one of the men talked the other men out of killing him. Thanks to the one man's persistence, my friend is still alive today.

I could absolutely see the same kind of situation happening to Kyle. It was only a few blocks down the same road from where my friend was attacked years later.

I didn't know about crime in Charlotte until my daughter returned from a short trip there. The uber driver warned her of areas he thought she should avoid. She said she didn't feel comfortable there at night.

I didn't know about crime in Charlotte until my daughter returned from a short trip there. The uber driver warned her of areas he thought she should avoid. She said she didn't feel comfortable there at night.

I've lived all over the country. I felt safer living in New Orleans in the "rough" areas than I did living in Charlotte. My experiences with living in Charlotte were that there were no rhymes or reasons to the violence. I did not feel safe there at night either. I have more stories about Charlotte violence but this post is about Kyle and I won't share them here out of respect for him.

Buckhead (I think it’s now Fitzgerald’s) to Fuel is a short walk.
There was usually a big group of people exiting the bars at 2am, but they would dissipate fairly quickly, especially on a week night.
Never been afraid going out in downtown/uptown - but I wasn’t alone, intoxicated and walking around after all the bars closed either.
Perhaps mugged and fatally injured.

Anyone here still following Kyle’s case? Remember the reports of the bad stench around/at the Noda apartment complex under construction at the time? Was anything done about that at that time? If not, WHY? I take it there is no way, at this point, to try and see if there are any remains there (without tearing down the building)? Anything else that can be done at this point, especially locally in uptown Charlotte?

I was thinking about that too....the woman called Mary was talking about it and says she called 911 about it...no records found of this at the time...didn't see a follow up...She also said when they took a lot of dirt from the site the stench was gone.... She didn't had a reason for lying, but if the stench was really that bad others would have noticed that too IMO, especially people working at the site. It's an interesting angle though...I wonder if they investigated on this further.

I was thinking about that too....the woman called Mary was talking about it and says she called 911 about it...no records found of this at the time...didn't see a follow up...She also said when they took a lot of dirt from the site the stench was gone.... She didn't had a reason for lying, but if the stench was really that bad others would have noticed that too IMO, especially people working at the site. It's an interesting angle though...I wonder if they investigated on this further.

From what I've read, they couldn't find records of this 911 call but planned to look back and see if this call was made. However, residents living in the apartment complex there have stated smelling a foul odor often. We haven't forgotten about you, Kyle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back