***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

I came upon this trial only because of Court TV and became really really fascinated with it--really impressed with the discovery docs that were acquired by Websleuths, etc. I always ask questions as I come upon information--I like to see if my own take is the same as the prosecution. What brought investigators to Missouri? Were they interviewing anyone and everyone who were close to Mark Sievers or was there another tip? I seem to remember reading that they first went to Illinois before Missouri?
Yes, a tip came to Florida LE from LE in Illinois or Indiana (1 of them). As IR, The tip was from a woman (cousin maybe?) that was visiting AW's mom (I think someone was doing her hair?) and AW was there complaining about CWW being out of town - and going to FL for the weekend to work - and that he didn't bring his phone with him - and they were newlyweds - and she couldn't talk to him all weekend, blah, etc., etc. Her flapping her jaws is how this tip was turned in and it's what really sent LE to Missouri. We now know that CWW texted AW MINUTES after the murder via burner phones so AW was LYING with her whining. I honestly think she knows a lot more and that she's lucky she's not behind bars too. What a wacky bunch!!

I came upon this trial only because of Court TV and became really really fascinated with it--really impressed with the discovery docs that were acquired by Websleuths, etc. I always ask questions as I come upon information--I like to see if my own take is the same as the prosecution. What brought investigators to Missouri? Were they interviewing anyone and everyone who were close to Mark Sievers or was there another tip? I seem to remember reading that they first went to Illinois before Missouri?

DCF aware of Sievers accusations

A break in the case came 11 days after the homicide, on the evening of July 9, when a law enforcement official in Illinois contacted Lee sheriff’s detectives.

Chief Jeff Hamilton with the Southern Illinois Airport Authority told detectives that an acquaintance of his had overheard information about Curtis Wright being in Florida at the time of the murder and felt he might be involved somehow.

Lee detective Michael Downs and Sgt. David Lebid flew to Illinois and spoke with the person, who is listed in the affidavit as a cooperating testifying witness or CTW.

In an interview at the Jefferson County Jail in Mount Vernon, Illinois, the witness said she was at a home in Ballwin, Missouri, on Saturday, June 27, and heard a visibly upset Angela Wright, wife of Curtis Wright, complain that her husband had left on a unplanned and short-notice trip to Florida to repair a computer at the home of Mark Sievers.

The witness said Angela Wright said she found out about the trip on Friday, June 26 and that her husband left early the next day. Because his car was being fixed, he had to rent a vehicle. He also told his wife because she needed to work and make money she could not accompany him.

Furthermore, the witness said that she complained that Wright left his cellphone at home and could not understand how he could do that because they were newlyweds just two months married and because her husband “lives” on his phone.

The witness kept contact through Angela Wright’s mother, Kathy Moran, and was able to learn that Wright returned home on the evening of Monday, June 29. The witness said Kathy Moran told her that the Wrights received notice of Teresa’s death on Tuesday, June 30, and left for Florida.

Kathy Moran also told the witness that her daughter became angry when she asked her if Wright had fixed Sievers' home computer. Angela corrected her, saying the computer was at Sievers’ medical office.

Moran expressed concern that Curtis Wright was involved in the doctor’s death because the couple is destitute and had no money for back-to-back trips to Florida. Moran told the witness that her daughter is a waitress and that Curtis is disabled and that they have to routinely buy groceries for them.

ETA I've looked and looked and cannot find the ongoing media thread discussion only for this case. Does anybody have a link for it?

TIA

Compare Mark's giddiness at the beginning of the trial to his look last night when found guilty lol.

I loved the final Prosecution phase.
Going through a great deal of evidence, summarizing matters, showing how one lead led to another was great.
Explaining the many hours of work involved regarding personal phones, burner phones, pinging off towers, and the latest technology to give us a clear picture was superb.
No wonder, GUILTY.

Life now, is a steep down hill path for this jerk, thinking how smart he was, in his extensive, premeditated plans of the murder.
MOO.

I was trying to reply with quote to someone upstream, but my old post was still in this box and wouldn't go away and I delete it or leave a blank box :( . So, this is what's going to be posted and it will probably stay duplicated the next time I try to post anything else. Gremlins in the website.

The trick to outwit the Gremlins is to tap the post button once, and wait a few seconds to see if it goes through. If the post button trembles as if it is stuck, then very lightly touch the post button again. If it goes through, but leaves behind a post ghost, ignore the ghost and sign out. The next time you go to post, the ghost may still be lurking there. Tap the end of your ghost post, as if you were going to continue it, and the print will come back to life. Now, you can press the delete button and erase the duplicate post within the box, row by row, and replace it by typing in your new post in that same box. Your original post in the thread will not disappear. Hope this helps.

I have discovered that I have to tap the outside margin after hitting the like button, making sure that the underline in the unlike button disappears, or else your likes may be erased when you leave the page. When in doubt, sign out. Wait a few minutes, then come back in. The trick is to confuse the Gremlins!

(Hope I haven't done that to you. Lol !)

A break in the case came 11 days after the homicide, on the evening of July 9, when a law enforcement official in Illinois contacted Lee sheriff’s detectives.

Chief Jeff Hamilton with the Southern Illinois Airport Authority told detectives that an acquaintance of his had overheard information about Curtis Wright being in Florida at the time of the murder and felt he might be involved somehow.

Lee detective Michael Downs and Sgt. David Lebid flew to Illinois and spoke with the person, who is listed in the affidavit as a cooperating testifying witness or CTW.

In an interview at the Jefferson County Jail in Mount Vernon, Illinois, the witness said she was at a home in Ballwin, Missouri, on Saturday, June 27, and heard a visibly upset Angela Wright, wife of Curtis Wright, complain that her husband had left on a unplanned and short-notice trip to Florida to repair a computer at the home of Mark Sievers.

The witness said Angela Wright said she found out about the trip on Friday, June 26 and that her husband left early the next day. Because his car was being fixed, he had to rent a vehicle. He also told his wife because she needed to work and make money she could not accompany him.

Furthermore, the witness said that she complained that Wright left his cellphone at home and could not understand how he could do that because they were newlyweds just two months married and because her husband “lives” on his phone.

The witness kept contact through Angela Wright’s mother, Kathy Moran, and was able to learn that Wright returned home on the evening of Monday, June 29. The witness said Kathy Moran told her that the Wrights received notice of Teresa’s death on Tuesday, June 30, and left for Florida.

Kathy Moran also told the witness that her daughter became angry when she asked her if Wright had fixed Sievers' home computer. Angela corrected her, saying the computer was at Sievers’ medical office.

Moran expressed concern that Curtis Wright was involved in the doctor’s death because the couple is destitute and had no money for back-to-back trips to Florida. Moran told the witness that her daughter is a waitress and that Curtis is disabled and that they have to routinely buy groceries for them.

ETA I've looked and looked and cannot find the ongoing media thread discussion only for this case. Does anybody have a link for it?

TIA

Could it be this one you seek?

Current News **NO DISCUSSION**

Could it be this one you seek?

Current News **NO DISCUSSION**

Thanks, but that's not the one I'm looking for.

I saw that one but it started November 12th 2019. I'm looking for the one that goes back to the very beginning with all the original media. Usually a mod puts a link to previous threads in first post of new thread. This link doesn't have such.

Thanks, but that's not the one I'm looking for.

I saw that one but it started November 12th 2019. I'm looking for the one that goes back to the very beginning with all the original media. Usually a mod puts a link to previous threads in first post of new thread. This link doesn't have such.
Hope this works
Media Links & Timelines

TIA
@dixiegirl1035 Here's one that I had saved, not sure if it's one of articles you're looking for? Back in 2015
Family, friends split over innocence of Sievers murder suspects

The trick to outwit the Gremlins is to tap the post button once, and wait a few seconds to see if it goes through. If the post button trembles as if it is stuck, then very lightly touch the post button again. If it goes through, but leaves behind a post ghost, ignore the ghost and sign out. The next time you go to post, the ghost may still be lurking there. Tap the end of your ghost post, as if you were going to continue it, and the print will come back to life. Now, you can press the delete button and erase the duplicate post within the box, row by row, and replace it by typing in your new post in that same box. Your original post in the thread will not disappear. Hope this helps.

I have discovered that I have to tap the outside margin after hitting the like button, making sure that the underline in the unlike button disappears, or else your likes may be erased when you leave the page. When in doubt, sign out. Wait a few minutes, then come back in. The trick is to confuse the Gremlins!

(Hope I haven't done that to you. Lol !)

FelicityLemon, I'm so sorry to inform you that you might have what is called Duplicate Gremlins Syndrome.

Do not despair. See the secret remedy above or in Post #446.

When someone posted that Mark played with the girls on the roof, I thought it was fake.

Now I am convinced the girls were in some kind of plan he had as well
I remember how shocked I was when I heard that also because it is extremely hot here. You can literally burn your bare feet on hot concrete and they had a tiled roof!! I think it shows just how demented his mind is.

When someone posted that Mark played with the girls on the roof, I thought it was fake.

Now I am convinced the girls were in some kind of plan he had as well

Wow. Very possibly, another insurance plot. But what if one or both had survived? And what if a neighbor could see it happen from a certain angle? He probably figured as much, and so abandoned the plan. One can't even guess with that guy. Unconscionable. And unpredictable.

Last edited:
Altho I'm shy and never pipe up, I've been following this case with y'all from the very beginning and am so anxious for the verdict!

I, also, was surprised at how the State handled the trial - I expected it to go into MUCH more detail about Mark's mishandling of their finances. Also wish that there had been testimony about JRRs coveralls being treated to repel acids and contaminants (didn't his boss mention those things in his interview?) because otherwise it does seem odd that the coveralls weren't drenched in blood - not that it matters in Mark's case but could've in JRRs.

I'm SO relieved that Ms Ross pointed out to jury in closing that the disability ins document in the shredder indicates that Mark knew poor Theresa wouldn't need any.

I'm glad Mark had MM for an attorney - what an abrasive person he seems to be, and not very organized.

Lastly, THANKS for y'all's hard work posting the tweets during the trial! I was able to peek in at work and keep up. And to peeps who got this far reading this post, I hope you've enjoyed my novel (haha). Ok, back to praying and hoping and trying to keep the faith that this jury returns the correct Guilty verdict! I can't wait to see Mark's face when he realizes he can NEVER "go home" - I bet there might even be some real crying aka with actual tears...

Bbm. You were right!!

I haven’t followed his trial as closely as I would have liked but I’m so glad the jury got it right ! After what happened In Tally with Dan Ms murder I was afraid !!
JMO

I feel like we are getting a lot of good verdicts these days from jurors who understand that the term “reasonable doubt” doesn’t mean any doubt or possible doubt.

I was beginning to think that I was out on a limb all by myself in thinking that the evidence was overwhelming in pointing to him being guilty. Then I started reading all the doubt in here and I must say it surprised me. I have always felt that it was a no brainer and that the jury would see the very same thing. I'm glad that I was right in this instance. Justice has been served, IMO.

Be happy you’re good at common sense! Four hours. That’s all it took. This was a damn solid case for a jury to find him guilty that quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan
Back