AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Dr. Phil doesn't think that Noema is a suspect in Dulce's disappearance. It also seems that he questions if she knows more than she saying.

His beginning statement that police have insisted that Noema is not a suspect is news to me. LE has only issued statements that the family has been cooperative. Did Dr. Phil get that statement directly from LE?

I am also surprised that Noema did not get the results from her polygraph. I've never seen that happen before. LE will tell a person the result, whether it is a pass, a fail or inclusive. I can understand Dr. Phil's amazement that she doesn't know the test result, and that she never asked. It doesn't sound logical to me that she wasn't told her test result.

I have reservations in expressing my opinion, but here goes. Either Noema is intellectually challenged, or she is numbed by childhood trauma, or she is hiding something. Her parents would know better than we could guess. And apparently they are not being forgiving of Noema, for her stupidity in not looking after the kids properly, or possibly hiding something, per the spokeswoman.

Her parents know her better than we do. I'd like to see a profile of her life to determine if she is acting predictably during this crisis. I suspect that she is, and her demeanor is normal for her, and her parents aren't surprised by how she presents herself.

As Dr. Phil said, he has never seen a mother of a missing child present so flat and unemotional. Granted Noema was not Dulce's legal mother, but even a sister might show more emotion.

Noema is the worst credible victim of an abducted child I have seen, but my gut feeling is that she had nothing to do with Dulce's abduction.

It seems that Dr. Phil doesn't think that Noema is a suspect in Dulce's disappearance. It also seems that he questions if she knows more than she saying.

His beginning statement that police have insisted that Noema is not a suspect is news to me. LE has only issued statements that the family has been cooperative. Did Dr. Phil get that statement directly from LE?

I am also surprised that Noema did not get the results from her polygraph. I've never seen that happen before. LE will tell a person the result, whether it is a pass, a fail or inclusive. I can understand Dr. Phil's amazement that she doesn't know the test result, and that she never asked. It doesn't sound logical to me that she wasn't told her test result.

I have reservations in expressing my opinion, but here goes. Either Noema is intellectually challenged, or she is numbed by childhood trauma, or she is hiding something. Her parents would know better than we could guess. And apparently they are not being forgiving of Noema, for her stupidity in not looking after the kids properly, or possibly hiding something, per the spokeswoman.

Her parents know her better than we do. I'd like to see a profile of her life to determine if she is acting predictably during this crisis. I suspect that she is, and her demeanor is normal for her, and her parents aren't surprised by how she presents herself.

As Dr. Phil said, he has never seen a mother of a missing child present so flat and unemotional. Granted Noema was not Dulce's legal mother, but even a sister might show more emotion.

Noema is the worst credible victim of an abducted child I have seen, but my gut feeling is that she had nothing to do with Dulce's abduction.

I totally agree. My mother is a foster carer and we see our fair share of mothers for all different reasons, drugs , domestic etc. But all the mums have a love for their children and if they dont they still Express emotions (even bad ones).
However sometime there is the odd mother who is just, I don't know how to put it, they're not on drugs, they're not abusive or nasty to children, they come across as an able adult but the mothers bond, that fierce love and a determination to have your baby by your side at all times , is just missing.

These are the mothers that when they say goodbye after a short weekly contact with the child, will simply tell us (the carers) goodbye and not even lean into, or say goodbye to their child. They would just go as if it was any other thing. It's very strange, it's like the maternal instinct is missing.

Again, not bad people, not bad to their child , just emotionally detached. These babies always end up with other family members or adopted because the mother was just not capable of making adult choices.

I've not thought that Noema was directly involved in Dulce's disappearance (in fact at the beginning, I felt she was simply lost in the park) however, I do think she knows more or has withheld information. For example, the remaining in the car to discuss her little sister's homework was later revealed to be her actually scratching off lotto tickets. The normally I'm with them at the playground or I don't normally stay in the car later turned out to be that the woman who saw her just the Friday before mentioned that she remained in the car on that visit as well.

She's not always honest or forthcoming. That doesn't make a person guilty of involvement with their daughter's disappearance, but it does leave one to wonder what else has been left out or what other details were changed? I don't trust her account of things 100% because of that. Though I don't believe she harmed her child either.

My opinion of the mother is that she got pregnant and had Dulce at 14 a and that is so young and not sure of the circumstances of that but she seems to not show any emotion and my opinion is that maybe she's suffered something in her life and knows how to hide her feelings but I'm not sure.

Back to the question of a community supporting and helping when a child goes missing, I do think if people feel a disconnect with the parents they'll also feel that on some level with the child and be less likely to really volunteer their time, efforts, and emotions. I think this is human nature.

I think Dulce's family needs a new spokesperson and the focus needs to be on how people can help at this point, not finger - pointing. I really doubt Noema knows or even really suspects who took her daughter. They are just desperate for an answer, understandably.

I still have to watch the Dr Phil interview. Will try to later.

Anxiety, depression, PTSD, autism, learning disabilities. These can all cause varying degrees of lack of perceived "correct" emotional responses. I say "correct" because there are a wide range of emotional responses and situations.

I don’t know about the advocate but “the spokesperson” had never met Noema or the family until the first press when she volunteered her services.
When Dulce first went missing but prior to her becoming spokesperson she was critical of Noema on social media referring to her as a bad girl etc ... so I’m not really clear why the family would even want anything to do with her. She isn’t great at translating and seems to be doing more harm than good in terms of relationships with locals & officials imo. The consensus on social media is she only shows up if its nice weather when there’s a camera present .
It could just be the show sensationalizing the story and really no shocking revelation but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.
The description of that person makes me suspicious of her and wonder if she and any connections she has have been investigated. mOO

It's very possible that they did tell her the results of the polygraph and she just didn't grasp what they were saying. For instance if the results were inconclusive and she was waiting to hear pass or fail. However wouldn't her family members and therefore the spokesperson know whether or not she has taken and passed or failed a poly?

Noema seems very immature to me. Like a little kid who fibs to keep from getting in trouble. She doesn't strike me as evil. I suspect she really is intellectually challenged in some way.

I watched the Dr Phil interview and was extremely disappointed that a professional translator wasn’t with Noema. This wasn’t an interview with Noema; it was Dr. Phil asking questions and then feeding Noema the answers. IMO this girl suffers from a blunted affect due to autism or the multiple traumas she’s had in her life.

At least we know she wasn’t paid to be a guest. No mention whether the spokesperson was paid.

Alavez Perez received no payment for her appearance on the Dr. Phil program, noted Kim Leigh Martin, co-founder and president of the non-profit Missing Pieces Network, an advocacy group that assists families of the missing.

Martin has been working with Dulce’s family and helped organize the Dr. Phil interview.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, pressed by Dr. Phil in national TV interview, suspects ‘old friend’

BBM. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I'm disappointed Dr. Phil did not take into account Noema's history and the fact that she is NOT the one who was raising Dulce. She had Dulce when she was 13 or 14 then had another child at 15 or 16. She is only 19 years old now and pregnant again. She never had a childhood herself but also never had to act as a mother acts towards her children. Why would we expect a mature and motherly emotional response from her? Dulce was more like another sister in Noema's life that she only saw on weekends than she was her daughter. She probably loves Dulce but it's not the same as it would be if she had had Dulce as an adult and was raising her on her own. Noema has her own problems going on and is emotionally immature because of what has happened in her life. Her saying she doesn't cry in front of people makes complete sense to me considering her background. Pregnant 3 times as a teen, a history of poverty and drug abuse tells me that she may have been abused by those men who made her pregnant and maybe by others too. She probably tried drugs to numb the pain. She is probably fighting a deep depression. The cycle of violence and abuse repeats itself and abuse victims build up a barrier for their emotions as a response. Is it any wonder she seems numb and doesn't react immediately when she is hurting? She buries her feelings with no reaction and then cries in private later. It's sometimes the only power an abuse victim feels they have-- to not let their abuser see them cry. She comes off as very timid and not as a person who is emotionally flat because they are manipulating the situation like a sociopath does. It's a shame if Dr Phil did not take the opportunity to highlight the difference between someone in Noema's situation and a sociopathic criminal that is emotionally flat because they are covering their true emotions. Has he never heard of learned helplessness as the result of abuse? Is anyone else seeing this the way I am or am I way out in left field here? MOO.

IMO you are right on Target.

I am not overly concerned about what she shows for emotion. Just that facts changed several times. She herself said LE believes she knows more, and her parents think so, too. Susan Smith went off the deep end when she was in front of the media, and it turned out she killed her own children.

I mean, we can only excuse the language barrier for so long and the age thing. If she has any idea (besides this guy that tried to date her) who may be involved, it's time to speak up and say who you think may be involved. It's not helping Dulce to keep silent.

It's frustrating because we don't know if the dear child is alive or if she is deceased. I kept hoping it was a custody issue, that she would be found safe. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I was watching a docuseries today about another disappearance of a very young girl from many years ago. The lead detective on that case said his experience has been that the results of a case being solved and the involvement of citizens in helping find the child are directly related to a feeling of “there by the grace of God go I”. As in, if fellow parents can see themselves in the position of the parents of a missing child (examples given were a child disappears from one aisle over in a shopping center or is in the line of sight in public) they are much more apt to pitch in and help. He feels if parents cannot place themselves in the position stated, help is less than forthcoming. This gave me pause. You would think a missing child is a missing child and everyone in the community etc would dive in. But he’s also experienced what I never have in working the cases. What do you think? An ugly truth or unfounded opinion?
In other words people who can feel empathy are more likely to help. The detective is wise IMO.

It's very possible that they did tell her the results of the polygraph and she just didn't grasp what they were saying. For instance if the results were inconclusive and she was waiting to hear pass or fail. However wouldn't her family members and therefore the spokesperson know whether or not she has taken and passed or failed a poly?

Noema seems very immature to me. Like a little kid who fibs to keep from getting in trouble. She doesn't strike me as evil. I suspect she really is intellectually challenged in some way.

100% agree with this post.

MOO: I do not think a language barrier is involved in how she is coming across. I also do not think past trauma is the reason she is coming across the way she is (although I do think there has certainly been some degree of past traumas- as would seem obvious from a 14 yr old pregnancy, 3 kids before age 20, and history of drug use).

I think there are learning difficulties, and/or emotional delays, and intellectual delays with Noema. And that is said with respect. It could very well be part of why she was not given custody of Dulce.

It has been really hard for me to get past how “suspect” her behavior has seemed, but I’ve come to strongly believe she is not involved, but rather intellectually challenged. Again, said respectfully.

MOO.

On dear, this case is nearing the third month.

Since Dulce 's mom has had substance abuse issues, I can see how mental health struggles are also currently present. Antidepressants can cause the "flat affect" blunted look on someone's face. Also I think she has been emotionally dissociating for a while now. The only thing I don't think she was forthcoming about is how long she probably had her eyes on Dulce and Manuel. I don't think she knows where her daughter is. I also don't think there is a perfect way to grieve.

Praying for a miracle at this point! :(

BBM. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I'm disappointed Dr. Phil did not take into account Noema's history and the fact that she is NOT the one who was raising Dulce. She had Dulce when she was 13 or 14 then had another child at 15 or 16. She is only 19 years old now and pregnant again. She never had a childhood herself but also never had to act as a mother acts towards her children. Why would we expect a mature and motherly emotional response from her? Dulce was more like another sister in Noema's life that she only saw on weekends than she was her daughter. She probably loves Dulce but it's not the same as it would be if she had had Dulce as an adult and was raising her on her own. Noema has her own problems going on and is emotionally immature because of what has happened in her life. Her saying she doesn't cry in front of people makes complete sense to me considering her background. Pregnant 3 times as a teen, a history of poverty and drug abuse tells me that she may have been abused by those men who made her pregnant and maybe by others too. She probably tried drugs to numb the pain. She is probably fighting a deep depression. The cycle of violence and abuse repeats itself and abuse victims build up a barrier for their emotions as a response. Is it any wonder she seems numb and doesn't react immediately when she is hurting? She buries her feelings with no reaction and then cries in private later. It's sometimes the only power an abuse victim feels they have-- to not let their abuser see them cry. She comes off as very timid and not as a person who is emotionally flat because they are manipulating the situation like a sociopath does. It's a shame if Dr Phil did not take the opportunity to highlight the difference between someone in Noema's situation and a sociopathic criminal that is emotionally flat because they are covering their true emotions. Has he never heard of learned helplessness as the result of abuse? Is anyone else seeing this the way I am or am I way out in left field here? MOO.
I see Alvarez-Perez as a girl with stunted emotional growth who probably quit attending school during the time of her 1st pregnancy (13-14 yrs. old). It doesn’t look like she ever had the role of mom to Dulce b/c the grandmother assumed that role and rightly so. I believe that if a psych evaluation would reveal the reason for the flat affect.
Her demeanor reminds me of a teenager on the Autism spectrum. My nephew who is a college grad is on the spectrum and his affect and the way he explains situations/experiences is similar.
The so-called family spokesperson adds nothing and seems to want the attention on herself. She does not know the family...especially prior to Dulce’s missing.
MOO

I think you’re positively correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member