ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple thoughts on leaving all her stuff including phone in the car:

1) I think it's very possible she did not leave the car there. If someone were to dump the vehicle after doing something to AH elsewhere, it would make sense to me to just leave all her stuff in it.

For that to happen, either:
-The person seen walking from near her car would have been the person dumping it OR
-The person walking had nothing to do with this and was a totally random person.
I'm still unclear if tow trucker driver actually saw this person walk FROM the car, like literally open the door, get out of the car, and walk away OR just that they were walking southbound from the location of the car.

If AH did in fact leave her car there,
1) It could be self-harm and not caring about leaving possessions in the vehicle.
2) Or, if she was almost out of gas or the car stalled for another reason, is it possible she was just so flustered and panicky, that she wasn't really thinking straight and just thinking "I need to get to a gas station?" inadvertently leaving the phone behind? I think of the time I got a phone call my husband was in an accident years ago (he was fine, just banged up), I was so frantic to rush to the hospital, it was the middle of winter and I forgot to grab a coat, I got out to my car in the garage and realized I didn't have my keys, etc. IDK just a thought. If this happened, then I think someone intercepted her on the way to the gas station.

As for why she didn't call AAA or family....630 AM is still pretty early, especially if folks don't have to be at work first thing in the morning. Maybe she felt badly bothering them if she knew a gas station was close by. As for AAA, maybe a dumb question, but did she know she had AAA? Like, if her parents had set it up for her or something and she never had to use it before, maybe it didn't cross her mind?

All MOO of course, and I honestly have no idea right now which way I am leaning.

Unless the phone was dead.. then what’s the point can’t call AAA or anybody, but then how did it ping later can dead phones ping?
Dead phones don't ping. In regard to the car; if you were trying to dump a car, would you do that on a busy interstate? That makes no sense either, you'd take it to an out of the way area you could be easily picked up or within walking distance of transportation or your destination?
Back to square 1 ...

Still no sign of missing Richmond woman despite extensive search

78307303_10157540899030170_2911097797795119104_n-300x241.jpg

A Richmond woman who disappeared in Falmouth before Thanksgiving was still missing on Saturday despite an extensive search involving the use of boats, aircraft and a drone on the Presumpscot River.

[...]

The on-call officer with Falmouth police, who are coordinating the effort, said there was no news to share on Saturday afternoon.

“Boats and aircraft will be routinely checking the immediate area for the foreseeable future,” the officer, Lt. Frank Soule III, said in an email. “Any possible leads will be looked into immediately.”

“Going forward short of any new information, we will continue to search these areas on a smaller scale,” Soule said.

Leaving her phone makes no sense whatever, whether she was out of gas, knew whether she had AAA or not, did not want to bother anyone, etc...
Whether or not she committed suicide- until we have confirmation that she did self harm, I don't want any stone left unturned. Sometimes what looks obvious isn't, and vice a versa.

Until I know that Anneliese harmed herself, I am going to remain one voice, at the very least, on here, for her, until she is found. If we only go by her FB posts before she went missing, two scenarios come to my mind- self harm, to which seems obvious, and the possibility that she took off to be alone for whatever reason.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone about the suicide angle. I'm just staying open minded until it is confirmed, if that is what happened.

(bbm)

Good question. I haven't been able to decipher Facebook timestamps yet as far as time zones. But I wonder if it's possible that the 2:41AM timestamp for the profile picture update could actually be reflecting a default Pacific time zone (3 hours behind Eastern time). If that were the case, and the picture update was made at 5:41AM Eastern (rather than 2:41AM Eastern), that would be a significant difference in time. MOO

I'll bet you're right.

There's so much speculation about possible suicide because of her vague post saying she wants peace and loves her kids and her posting a photo of a bridge. Well, I just saw a few of her posts from 2018 and the only pics were of water and bridges. IOW, she's into the marine and coastal environment - a field in which her father works - so a bridge photo being some morose clue to suicide is way off, imo. She's also a painter (art) so maybe painted those types of landscapes.

I think Anneliese was abducted and that's why all her stuff was left in her car. All of the questions I've posed (earlier) are crucial to be answered and I'm not even convinced a detective is working her case. PHONE RECORDS and ALL COMPUTERS need to be scoured and that car needs to be dusted for prints and maybe DNA collected.

Leaving her phone makes no sense whatever, whether she was out of gas, knew whether she had AAA or not, did not want to bother anyone, etc...

I say no way in hell did she walk away from that car and not take her phone. It's completely irrational.

My thinking is either she was abducted while stopped on the freeway or abducted elsewhere and her car dumped there by her abductor who walked away (which indicates, to me, he lived in the area).

Dead phones don't ping. In regard to the car; if you were trying to dump a car, would you do that on a busy interstate? That makes no sense either, you'd take it to an out of the way area you could be easily picked up or within walking distance of transportation or your destination?
Back to square 1 ...

Good question. If someone else dumped her car there, could it be they thought they were out of gas and best to park it and walk off?

Back to square 1 ...
This. Why abandon the car in an extremely busy area where you’re likely to be seen, if this is foul play?

I’m not saying I 100% think this is a tragic case of choosing to disappear, but there are a lot of other options for disposal of a vehicle...a lot of other places it would be less likely to be seen/found so fast. I don’t know. It’s a bummer they’re already scaling back the search, even though it makes sense from a time/resources standpoint. Doesn’t sound like they’re really pursuing other angles...

I'll bet you're right.

There's so much speculation about possible suicide because of her vague post saying she wants peace and loves her kids and her posting a photo of a bridge. Well, I just saw a few of her posts from 2018 and the only pics were of water and bridges. IOW, she's into the marine and coastal environment - a field in which her father works - so a bridge photo being some morose clue to suicide is way off, imo. She's also a painter (art) so maybe painted those types of landscapes.

I think Anneliese was abducted and that's why all her stuff was left in her car. All of the questions I've posed (earlier) are crucial to be answered and I'm not even convinced a detective is working her case. PHONE RECORDS and ALL COMPUTERS need to be scoured and that car needs to be dusted for prints and maybe DNA collected.
Since there has been no chain of custody on the car and it was released from the tow yard back to the parents, I’d be surprised if they were to attempt to recover anything now. They’d have a hard time using that in court if it ever came to it. Someone messed up - as they said, the trooper did not adhere to policy.

ETA: The photos of the bridges don’t make me think self-harm. The post and changing her photo to her kids, and the time it was posted are all suspicious, if she was in fact the one who posted them.

Since there has been no chain of custody on the car and it was released from the tow yard back to the parents, I’d be surprised if they were to attempt to recover anything now. They’d have a hard time using that in court if it ever came to it. Someone messed up - as they said, the trooper did not adhere to policy.

ETA: The photos of the bridges don’t make me think self-harm. The post and changing her photo to her kids, and the time it was posted are all suspicious, if she was in fact the one who posted them.

Why is that post suspicious given nobody has indicated she was depressed or had a history of depression? I see people on FB change their profile pic to their kids and grandkids all of the time. While can read into that post and pic, it's huge assumption to think it meant she was going to kill herself.

This. Why abandon the car in an extremely busy area where you’re likely to be seen, if this is foul play?

SBM

If someone besides Anneliese took her vehicle, they may not have noticed it was running out of gas until it was too late? Just a thought.

ETA: And if it was someone else, they may not have wanted to be seen in her car at a gas station.

Why is that post suspicious given nobody has indicated she was depressed or had a history of depression? I see people on FB change their profile pic to their kids and grandkids all of the time. While can read into that post and pic, it's huge assumption to think it meant she was going to kill herself.
It’s suspicious to ME because of the circumstances. The post also seems to be one of the few made public. The timing is simply concerning. If it’s coincidence that she posted that and then disappeared so be it. It’s also suspicious because of the fact that I’m sure that LE has more info than we do and they are not treating this like an abduction. However, in my post above I said that I’m not 100% convinced of anything. I’m also not looking to argue, simply stating how I see things.

Lastly, there have been plenty of people who have committed suicide (again NOT saying this is the case here) and everyone in their life said that they never saw it coming, that the person never gave any signs. Lost someone last year who seemed fine. They weren’t. Sometimes we just don’t know. At this point, all options are still on the table, for me.

The main reason that I can see for leaving a phone behind is that you don't want it tracking you.

So if somebody abducted her, it would make sense that they'd leave the phone. And if she wanted to leave and disappear, or not have her body found, she'd leave it.

Or forgetting it by accident (thought it was in her coat pocket but it had fallen out, for instance).

Not coming up with much else in the way of possibilities.

Just popping in. I took a drive while out with friends to see the actual location in person where her car was supposedly parked. I have passed that route hundreds of times, but it's been a long time and wanted to get a sense for the bridges, etc.

First off, the breakdown lane where the car would have been parked is very narrow and not a big area at all. The breakdown lane is filled with snow now but would have been clear than because there was no snow when she went missing. It's a reasonably congested area and a curvy road, not at all a place where one would want to walk. I feel confident the car was not dumped there by someone else because there are many exits very close together, and it would be very dumb for a criminal to unload the car right there when there are a million better options all within a mile or 2. Second, the bridges are very low to the water, and even though it's a river, it's really all connected to the bay and ocean, and I think tidal. I don't believe the water is very deep there, it was discussed amongst us but already quite dark. So hard to see clearly, but I think the consensus was the water would have been low tide and not deep at all at several of the bridges that time of day.

If she was walking southbound, I doubt someone would have picked her up, but she easily could have gotten off into a neighborhood or cut through many areas if the goal was getting to a gas station and have been picked up there.

Does anyone else get the sense the family already thinks she has passed? Someone posted about how the family wanted to focus on how many lives she has touched rather than what happened to her, and I wondered if they had more info than we know.

(bbm)

Good question. I haven't been able to decipher Facebook timestamps yet as far as time zones. But I wonder if it's possible that the 2:41AM timestamp for the profile picture update could actually be reflecting a default Pacific time zone (3 hours behind Eastern time). If that were the case, and the picture update was made at 5:41AM Eastern (rather than 2:41AM Eastern), that would be a significant difference in time. MOO
I’m in Eastern Time and it says 2:41am. FYI.

Just popping in. I took a drive while out with friends to see the actual location in person where her car was supposedly parked. I have passed that route hundreds of times, but it's been a long time and wanted to get a sense for the bridges, etc.

First off, the breakdown lane where the car would have been parked is very narrow and not a big area at all. The breakdown lane is filled with snow now but would have been clear than because there was no snow when she went missing. It's a reasonably congested area and a curvy road, not at all a place where one would want to walk. I feel confident the car was not dumped there by someone else because there are many exits very close together, and it would be very dumb for a criminal to unload the car right there when there are a million better options all within a mile or 2. Second, the bridges are very low to the water, and even though it's a river, it's really all connected to the bay and ocean, and I think tidal. I don't believe the water is very deep there, it was discussed amongst us but already quite dark. So hard to see clearly, but I think the consensus was the water would have been low tide and not deep at all at several of the bridges that time of day.

If she was walking southbound, I doubt someone would have picked her up, but she easily could have gotten off into a neighborhood or cut through many areas if the goal was getting to a gas station and have been picked up there.

Does anyone else get the sense the family already thinks she has passed? Someone posted about how the family wanted to focus on how many lives she has touched rather than what happened to her, and I wondered if they had more info than we know.

Thank you for the boots on the ground information. When I read the article on the vigil it was if people were memorializing her.
  • “(The vigil) is a very thoughtful way of keeping Anneliese front and center in people’s minds,” said Chris Heinig, Anneliese’s father. “People who are grieving can hug one another and share their feelings.”
  • “We’re extremely thankful for all the police efforts throughout Maine,” said Chris Heinig. “We don’t know at this point having not found a body. She may still be alive.”
  • We still don’t what happened or why she was headed to Portland that day,” said her mother. “But we’re here to focus on how many lives she’s touched.”
  • At the vigil Friday, Anderson told Heinig’s friends and family to remember to check in on each other and support each other as often as possible.
But like others, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305