ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood they all were worried and thought something was up, but pinged her phone themselves, saw she was in south portland and assumed she was with friends. Then when she didn’t show up Thursday that was final straw. Also would the phone stay alive until Thursday to ping it? I could be wrong here it’s just what I gathered mop. If I were the family I would hire a good Private investigator. There’s so much misinformation. I don’t want to contribute to that. Hopefully they can track her whereabouts before Thanksgiving through her recovered phone.

From where did you understand this? Here, news, or do you know the family?

Can anyone just ping a phone? I don't know how it's done.

What I remember is the car was towed from the interstate two days before Thanksgiving because the parents were ticked off as owners of the car they had not been notified and two days got burned that could have been used to locate her had they known on Tuesday she was missing. That’s the way I remember it anyway, nothing about knowing before Thanksgiving and putting out notices two days before it being officially filed that she was missing by her daughter. This kind of mess up really confuses us here about the case and what facts we are working with. IMO

Yeah, that's what's been reported so the other poster either got mixed up or the reporting isn't accurate.

But it appears that Richmond police did not know that Maine State Police had interacted with the vehicle. Heinig’s family posted online Nov. 30, two days after they reported Heinig missing, that investigators pinged her phone, which led them to a towing company in South Portland that had the Mercury SUV in its lot all along.

Just popping in. I took a drive while out with friends to see the actual location in pers
Just popping in. I took a drive while out with friends to see the actual location in person where her car was supposedly parked. I have passed that route hundreds of times, but it's been a long time and wanted to get a sense for the bridges, etc.

First off, the breakdown lane where the car would have been parked is very narrow and not a big area at all. The breakdown lane is filled with snow now but would have been clear than because there was no snow when she went missing. It's a reasonably congested area and a curvy road, not at all a place where one would want to walk. I feel confident the car was not dumped there by someone else because there are many exits very close together, and it would be very dumb for a criminal to unload the car right there when there are a million better options all within a mile or 2. Second, the bridges are very low to the water, and even though it's a river, it's really all connected to the bay and ocean, and I think tidal. I don't believe the water is very deep there, it was discussed amongst us but already quite dark. So hard to see clearly, but I think the consensus was the water would have been low tide and not deep at all at several of the bridges that time of day.

If she was walking southbound, I doubt someone would have picked her up, but she easily could have gotten off into a neighborhood or cut through many areas if the goal was getting to a gas station and have been picked up there.

Does anyone else get the sense the family already thinks she has passed? Someone posted about how the family wanted to focus on how many lives she has touched rather than what happened to her, and I wondered if they had more info than we know.
Just popping in. I took a drive while out with friends to see the actual location in person where her car was supposedly parked. I have passed that route hundreds of times, but it's been a long time and wanted to get a sense for the bridges, etc.

First off, the breakdown lane where the car would have been parked is very narrow and not a big area at all. The breakdown lane is filled with snow now but would have been clear than because there was no snow when she went missing. It's a reasonably congested area and a curvy road, not at all a place where one would want to walk. I feel confident the car was not dumped there by someone else because there are many exits very close together, and it would be very dumb for a criminal to unload the car right there when there are a million better options all within a mile or 2. Second, the bridges are very low to the water, and even though it's a river, it's really all connected to the bay and ocean, and I think tidal. I don't believe the water is very deep there, it was discussed amongst us but already quite dark. So hard to see clearly, but I think the consensus was the water would have been low tide and not deep at all at several of the bridges that time of day.

If she was walking southbound, I doubt someone would have picked her up, but she easily could have gotten off into a neighborhood or cut through many areas if the goal was getting to a gas station and have been picked up there.

Does anyone else get the sense the family already thinks she has passed? Someone posted about how the family wanted to focus on how many lives she has touched rather than what happened to her, and I wondered if they had more info than we know.

on where her car was supposedly parked. I have passed that route hundreds of times, but it's been a long time and wanted to get a sense for the bridges, etc.

I agree with some of your assessment, but the road isn't at all curvy: it's relatively straight for miles. Also, the closest exit to where her car was found is maybe a mile north give or take bc we obviously dont know the exact location. The closest exit prior to that is about 4 miles south and the next exit after the one closest to her car is over 10 miles north, so there aren't many exits close together.
From just before the Washington exit through the first Falmouth exit, the road is definitely not straight. It doesn't get straight until several miles up the road. We don't know exactly where her car was found, so I was paying attention from Washington exit on up through the first two Falmouth exits. Those exits are relatively close. From the first Falmouth exit, which is less than a mile from Washington exit to the next, was only about two miles to the Presumscot River bridge, which I am presuming is the approximate area her car was towed from. I got off at the exit after the bridge which was only about another mile. I consider those to be fairly close together exits (we paid attention to the mileage), but it's all an individual perspective. It's another 4 miles to the exit after the one I got off at which would be the Yarmouth exit. I don't think her car was between those exits, but I'm guessing based on the vague information we received from LE.
From just before the Washington exit through the first Falmouth exit, the road is definitely not straight. It doesn't get straight until several miles up the road. We don't know exactly where her car was found, so I was paying attention from Washington exit on up through the first two Falmouth exits. Those exits are relatively close. From the first Falmouth exit, which is less than a mile from Washington exit to the next, was only about two miles to the Presumscot River bridge, which I am presuming is the approximate area her car was towed from. I got off at the exit after the bridge which was only about another mile. I consider those to be fairly close together exits (we paid attention to the mileage), but it's all an individual perspective. It's another 4 miles to the exit after the one I got off at which would be the Yarmouth exit. I don't think her car was between those exits, but I'm guessing based on the vague information we received from LE.
I think you're thinking of the Portland exits, which isn't close to where her car was found. In this picture, exit 9 is near the bottom and exit 10 is at the top. There's only 1 Falmouth exit. The highway isn't exactly a straight line, but definitely isn't curvy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-084241_Maps~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-084241_Maps~2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8
Along with the direction her car was headed, there was also conflicting info on where it was found. It was said to have been near Exit 9 and mile marker 9 (two different things). Do you know if mile marker 9 is anywhere near Exit 9?

Exit 9 is the Washington exit which I mentioned how the exits were in my post. We looked for mile marker 9 but it was dark and didn't find it. I thought I had read somewhere that mile marker 9 was missing. I am not sure that is true or not but could explain why I didn't find it.

I agree with some of your assessment, but the road isn't at all curvy: it's relatively straight for miles. Also, the closest exit to where her car was found is maybe a mile north give or take bc we obviously dont know the exact location. The closest exit prior to that is about 4 miles south and the next exit after the one closest to her car is over 10 miles north, so there aren't many exits close together.

I think you're thinking of the Portland exits, which isn't close to where her car was found. In this picture, exit 9 is near the bottom and exit 10 is at the top. There's only 1 Falmouth exit. The highway isn't exactly a straight line, but definitely isn't curvy.

I am not thinking of the Portland exits. I have lived in this area 30 years and 20 in Portland I am very aware of the exits on 295. I explained which exits I was talking about in my post. Not interested in arguing in any way about this. I just found this, which states the mileage between the exits, so what we marked last night is pretty accurate in how many miles between exits and there is more than 1 Falmouth exit. Starting from the first exit 9 Washington St, it's at 6.97 miles. The next exit is Falmouth Foreside (technically also exit 9 but a Falmouth exit) which is at 7.12 miles, and to the bridge is at 9.45 miles. The connector to 95 is the next exit at 10.62 miles which is also a Falmouth/Cumberland exit. So from Washington St exit to the exit past the river bridge is only about 3 miles total with where her car potentially was is even less.
Interstate 295 (Maine) - Wikipedia

Exit 9 is the Washington exit which I mentioned how the exits were in my post. We looked for mile marker 9 but it was dark and didn't find it. I thought I had read somewhere that mile marker 9 was missing. I am not sure that is true or not but could explain why I didn't find it.

I am not thinking of the Portland exits. I have lived in this area 30 years and 20 in Portland I am very aware of the exits on 295. I explained which exits I was talking about in my post. Not interested in arguing in any way about this. I just found this, which states the mileage between the exits, so what we marked last night is pretty accurate in how many miles between exits and there is more than 1 Falmouth exit. Starting from the first exit 9 Washington St, it's at 6.97 miles. The next exit is Falmouth Foreside (technically also exit 9 but a Falmouth exit) which is at 7.12 miles, and to the bridge is at 9.45 miles. The connector to 95 is the next exit at 10.62 miles which is also a Falmouth/Cumberland exit. So from Washington St exit to the exit past the river bridge is only about 3 miles total with where her car potentially was is even less.

Going northbound, Washington Avenue is exit #8. Exit #9 is Falmouth Foreside (Route 1) and exit #10 is Bucknam Road.

Going southbound, Exit #10 is Bucknam, Exit #9 is Baxter Blvd/Washington Ave., Exit #8 is Washington Ave, and Exit #7 is Marginal Way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-093803_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-093803_Maps.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20191208-093614_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-093614_Maps.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20191208-093525_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-093525_Maps.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Maine trooper failed to follow policy when he had missing Richmond mother’s car towed

I was wrong according to this article. I am from the area and heard what I said before from someone so I guess that’s how mis info gets spread I won’t comment unless I know for a fact again. Sorry I’ve never written here before. I’m just so upset about this and trying to make sense of it all.

No problem, we all make mistakes. Sometimes we will see or read an article from a non sanctioned source and then forget where were saw it, just that we did. It’s all good.

Going northbound, Washington Avenue is exit #8. Exit #9 is Falmouth Foreside (Route 1) and exit #10 is Bucknam Road.

Going southbound, Exit #10 is Bucknam, Exit #9 is Baxter Blvd/Washington Ave., Exit #8 is Washington Ave, and Exit #7 is Marginal Way.

It would be really helpful if we could confirm for certain the actual location of where the car was found. If she was closer to Washington Avenue going Southbound, it would have been really easy for her to get several places in the city or to find someone to help if that's what was needed.

If she was further north between the Falmouth Foreside and exit 10, that would have been tricky, because there is a greater distance between the exits and not much access to houses or businesses without walking a bit.

I had earlier mentioned that mile marker 9 going southbound was missing as of a few months ago, so that's where you saw it. I provided maps that show where mile marker 9 is going northbound.

You should check out town lines. And show a map of where there are 2 exits in Falmouth and how it's very curvy. I only bring this up bc you're possibly adding incorrect info about a location that isn't relevant.

It would be really helpful if we could confirm for certain the actual location of where the car was found. If she was closer to Washington Avenue going Southbound, it would have been really easy for her to get several places in the city or to find someone to help if that's what was needed.

If she was further north between the Falmouth Foreside and exit 10, that would have been tricky, because there is a greater distance between the exits and not much access to houses or businesses without walking a bit.

100% this. I wish LE would say exactly where her car was found although LE did confirm in later articles that her car was northbound, not southbound like originally reported and that she was walking southbound back towards Portland. That at least clears up a bit. There is a lot of water areas past the Falmouth Foreside exit and fewer neighborhoods. It would make a huge difference if her car was parked/found further north of the Presumscot River bridge or south before it considering that she was walking south.

I just hope AH's family gets some information one way or another as to what happened to her. Not knowing is worse IMO.

Washington ave isn't relevant and mention of it by others is only causing more confusion and speculation. Her car was definitely found much farther north.

I had earlier mentioned that mile marker 9 going southbound was missing as of a few months ago, so that's where you saw it. I provided maps that show where mile marker 9 is going northbound.

You should check out town lines. And show a map of where there are 2 exits in Falmouth and how it's very curvy. I only bring this up bc you're possibly adding incorrect info about a location that isn't relevant.

Yes, I knew I read that somewhere about the missing 9-mile marker thanks for clarifying. I did post a link to the exits on 295 showing more than 1 Falmouth exit. Like I said lived in the area 30 years, Portland 20. Anyway moving on...

Washington ave isn't relevant and mention of it by others is only causing more confusion and speculation. Her car was definitely found much farther north.

I think I read a few different articles naming various locations, and AH's mother's Facebook post specifically mentioned Washington Ave. Based on the search area, it would seem that the car was found somewhere between the Falmouth Foreside exit and Bucknam Road. Not intending to add confusion, just clarifying the lay of the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member