Found Deceased AR - Samantha Hopper, 19, pregnant, & daughter Courtney Holt, 1, Russellville, 10 Sept 1998

Piknik

Reaction score
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9959/53

On 09/11/1998 Samantha Hopper came home from work and told her mother that she and a friend, along with her one year old daughter, were going to Little Rock to a concert the next day and that she would be back on 09/12/1998. Samantha Hopper and her daughter have not been seen or heard from since. Samantha Hopper was approximately eight months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hopper_samantha.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/holt_courtney.html

http://www.popecoso.org/missing-persons

Samantha Jean Hopper was last seen on September 11, 1998 in Russellville, Arkansas. She is a Caucasian female, 62 inches tall, 125 pounds, blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. Ms. Hopper was last seen in Russellville with her 22 month old daughter, Courtney Holt, who is also missing. Ms. Hopper was pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators still searching for leads in 20-year-old Pope County cold case

Authorities in Pope County are hoping reaching out to the public will help them crack a nearly 20-year-old cold case, involving a missing pregnant teenage mother and her 22-month-old daughter.

"This is my mom, this is Courtney my little sister and that is me," said Dezarae Carpenter, 23, pointing to a picture her mother and sister opening presents on Christmas Day in 1997.

Carpenter said all of the memories she has of her mother and sister are pictures. Her mother, then 19-year-old Samantha Hopper, had left her with her grandmother to go to a concert when Dezarae was just three-and-a-half years old. It was September 11, 1998 - that would be the last time Carpenter would see her mom and sister.

**The segment with Dezarae is so emotional (Hugs young lady)**

There is a message at Samantha Hopper - Genealogy.com from a family friend, looking for information. From the message it seems that firstly, the family was actively searching for some years and, secondly, that Samantha was pregnant with a boy (something I have not seen elsewhere). So that leads to an obvious line; given that Samantha was 8 months pregnant the baby could have survived. Which would mean two babies (a toddler and a new born) suddenly appearing without obvious antecedents. Probably not what happened, but a line I would expect LE to look into.

This is my mother. There have been no remains found of my mom or my siblings. I want to clarify that misinformation.

Welcome to Websleuths, dcarpenter. I'm so sorry you mother and siblings are still missing.
The above post was about an unidentified person's remains being found. It was not meant to be misinformation saying she was found, but as a post of a developing news story to watch. I would have posted it to any other Russellville area missing person's threads too. The news story was updated to identify the person after I posted it here. I'm sorry it turned out not to be her and that you are still left wondering where she is or what happened. I am always hopeful that a missing person will be found so that families can have closure. Is there anything you would like to share about your mother's disappearance that might help us know where to look for her? What do you believe may have happened to her and your siblings?

Last edited:
I do not want to speculate especially since it’s an active investigation. I seen that someone specifically said her skull was found two hours away. I wanted to clarify that this information is not true.

I do not want to speculate especially since it’s an active investigation. I seen that someone specifically said her skull was found two hours away. I wanted to clarify that this information is not true.

Thank you for clarifying. However, I think you are misunderstanding that post by AnnieOakley. Many members here are trying to match up missing persons with unidentified remains cases. We are hoping we can solve a case and bring the missing person home or help the unidentified person get their name back. AnnieOakley was posting a link to info about a Jane Doe's skull, an unidentified person's remains. That skull is still not identified today-- here is the link to it the NAMUS database: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I understand you not wanting to speculate. I hope you have made sure your DNA is connected to your mom's NAMUS file so that if her remains have been found somewhere, but are unidentified then she can be matched up via DNA. Unfortunately many older Jane Doe cases do not have any DNA in the system to match, so we must ask them to check each case individually that could be a match to a missing person. I hope this helps you to understand better what we are doing here on Websleuths. Many of us are advocates for the missing or former law enforcement and we are hoping to help solve a case.

Deputies: Car matching one tied to 23-year-old missing persons case found in Pope County with bodies inside | KARK

Deputies in Pope County say a vehicle matching the description of one tied to a 23-year-old missing persons cases was found Tuesday with human remains inside.

According to the Pope County Sheriff’s Office, the car, which matches one belonging to Samantha Jean Hopper, was found by the non-profit group Adventures With Purpose.

Deputies said they received a call around 12:30 p.m. from the group who said they had located a vehicle in the water near the 3700 block of Pleasant View Road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back