Found Deceased CO - Alana Chen, 24, driving to Chautauqua Park, Boulder, for hike, 7 Dec 2019

rainynights

Reaction score
A 24-year-old out of Louisville has been missing since Saturday afternoon after she left home to go on a hike in Boulder.

Alana Chen was last seen in Louisville around 3 p.m. Saturday in a black jacket, jeans, hiking boots and a gray hat, according to Sgt. Ricky Blackney with the Louisville Police Department. Chen was driving to Chautauqua Park in Boulder for a hike in a 1998 black Toyota Camry with license plate number CRX-800.

She is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds. She has black hair and dark brown eyes.

“She failed to return home, which is very unusual behavior for her, so the family is very concerned and so are we,” Blackney said. “Her cellphone has been turned off.”

download.jpeg

Louisville woman missing after driving to Boulder for hike

I wonder what the weather was like on Saturday in this area? MOO

It was a beautiful day. Upper 50s/low 60s in Denver, so maybe a little cooler in Boulder. Late in the day to hike as another poster suggested, but maybe she was hoping for sunset views over the Flatirons (large, slab-like rock formations jutting up in the foothills there.) Lots of trails head into the hills from Chautauqua Park and you often have to park on the streets outside the park on weekends. 20-degree colder weather moving in to start this week.

MISSING: Colorado woman leaves to go hiking, doesn’t return

[...]

Alana’s sister [CC] has appealed for help finding her sister in posts on Facebook.

According to her sister’s post, Alana Chen went to a U.S. Bank at some point on Saturday.

Alan is described as 5’9″ with black hair and dark brown eyes. She was reportedly wearing a grey hat, and driving a 1998 black Toyota Camry with tag number CRX-800.

MISSING: Colorado woman leaves to go hiking, doesn’t return

[...]

Alana’s sister [CC] has appealed for help finding her sister in posts on Facebook.

According to her sister’s post, Alana Chen went to a U.S. Bank at some point on Saturday.

Alan is described as 5’9″ with black hair and dark brown eyes. She was reportedly wearing a grey hat, and driving a 1998 black Toyota Camry with tag number CRX-800.

BBM:

Interesting. It would be helpful to know whether she made a deposit or withdrawal at the bank and what time she went.

Wondering if she told family she was going hiking but either had other plans or decided on the spur of the moment to head off somewhere else afterward.

JMO.

Car has been found in Boulder. Search and rescue is currently searching for Alana. Search party cancelled.
Do they think she's on the trail?

(Also if you can't state a mainstream media source for your info, your post will likely be removed. Presently it seems very helpful for finding Alana, though.)

PUBLISHED: August 18, 2019

Chen came out to a priest at Boulder’s St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church when she was in high school around 2009. The priest began counseling Chen informally throughout her high school years, telling her not to tell her parents, she said.

Chen continued attending the church after enrolling at the University of Colorado Boulder in 2013 and sought more formal counseling through her church and Catholic Charities’ Sacred Heart Counseling, formerly known as Regina Caeli Clinical Services. Chen said she was trying to reconcile her sexual identity with her dream of becoming a nun.

“I felt a lot of shame and anxiety,” Chen said. “I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Was I going to hell? But I was still extremely faithful, and I felt like the church and the counseling was the thing that was saving me. The worse I got, the more I clung to it.”

Chen wound up in a psychiatric hospital in 2016 after her family found scars on her arms from self-harming. She distanced herself from the church, stopped attending CU Boulder and started long-term mental health treatment.

“I think the church’s counsel is what led me to be hospitalised,” said Chen, who is now 23 and going to college in Arizona. “I was feeling so much shame that I was comforted by the thought of hurting myself. I’ve now basically completely lost my faith.
Thank you! So hoping they find her safe.

This is not considered a media outlet and therefore they might remove. I saw the same thing on FB but unless it's reported in mainstream media, we're not supposed to mention FB posts.

ETA - experiencing some reply weirdness. This should be in response to info about where the car was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back