AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody material or clothing recovered connected to Holloway’s death originated in a clothes-donation bin across from 112 Derby Ave. Police searched the area Dec. 6. Derby police put out a message last week asking for anyone with home security footage from Division Street to Route 34 on the Orange town line call authorities at 203 503 5555.

Editor’s note: DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE CHILD TO BE DROPPED OFF AT A RANDOM HOME.

“We are asking all the people who have shared the red light message to please add to their message that Vanessa should be brought to a local hospital, fire department, or police department,” Ansonia Police Lt. Patrick Lynch said in a statement Sunday.
Ansonia Mother's Homicide, Missing Child Case Gets National Television Exposure | Valley Independent Sentinel
Was it the baby's clothing? I can't imagine a suspect being stupid enough to drop off his/her clothes in a donation bin for children.

Huh, weird. Why the extra activity now? I hate to be morbid, but I hope poor Vanessa wasn't at home in some capacity the entire time...

I wonder if they are cadaver dogs and they want to see if any hits are found of the baby. Or maybe they have clothing of hers with blood and they're searching in the home somewhere or in the yard?

View attachment 219511
Christine was a great mother, daughter, and sister. She always took care of her nephew Dominic and they both enjoyed spending their quality time together. Christine also enjoyed doing puzzles with her niece Serena when she would stop over her mother's house after work. The family would like to thank both Christine's job, "Bright Morning Star Child Care", as well as all the Bridgeport Public Schools for all the love and support. The family would also like to express their gratitude to the community, friends, and family members near and far that have contributed their love and support for all of Christine's family during this difficult time.
View Christine Holloway's Obituary on ConnPost.com and share memories
Rest in peace, beautiful lady. May your daughter be found soon.

Bloody material or clothing recovered connected to Holloway’s death originated in a clothes-donation bin across from 112 Derby Ave. Police searched the area Dec. 6. Derby police put out a message last week asking for anyone with home security footage from Division Street to Route 34 on the Orange town line call authorities at 203 503 5555.

Editor’s note: DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE CHILD TO BE DROPPED OFF AT A RANDOM HOME.

“We are asking all the people who have shared the red light message to please add to their message that Vanessa should be brought to a local hospital, fire department, or police department,” Ansonia Police Lt. Patrick Lynch said in a statement Sunday.
Ansonia Mother's Homicide, Missing Child Case Gets National Television Exposure | Valley Independent Sentinel

6 minute drive, mapped out here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191209-151212_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20191209-151212_Maps.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
Was it the baby's clothing? I can't imagine a suspect being stupid enough to drop off his/her clothes in a donation bin for children.
I imagine it was his clothing. This may have not been a planned, and he panicked after the fact.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s completely idiotic. But he may have been in a hurry to dispose of those items, and that was the first container he encountered.

My thinking would be , if the bloody clothing was dropped in the bin, then the murderer would have had other clothing readily available to change into.
AND within a short distance from the crime. IMO
My guess is that not only was that clothing within a short distance of the crime scene, but it was at the crime scene.

He probably took it from the house.

If it was started by LE then that could be, but because this is a citizen-started idea, I don’t think LE had any hand in it.

I think you’re misinterpreting what I mean. Say you knew the person you did it. And that person is no longer able to car for Vanessa (because they’re being watched by police, in jail, etc). They ask you to take the baby, but you don’t want to be involved at all (or don’t want to get a friend/family member in trouble). You may start a campaign like the red light one.

I’m by no means saying that’s what happened and it could very well just be a well meaning community member. It was just a thought.

My thinking would be , if the bloody clothing was dropped in the bin, then the murderer would have had other clothing readily available to change into.

sounds like we’re on
My guess is that not only was that clothing within a short distance of the crime scene, but it was at the crime scene.

He probably took it from the house.
the same page.

I can't remember her name, but there was a missing child case years back where the girl's body was found in her bedroom days after she'd been reported missing. IIRC she was tangled up in the bedclothes at the foot of her bed and no one saw her when they searched. I think that one was accidental death or natural causes.

I can't remember her name, but there was a missing child case years back where the girl's body was found in her bedroom days after she'd been reported missing. IIRC she was tangled up in the bedclothes at the foot of her bed and no one saw her when they searched. I think that one was accidental death or natural causes.
I would hope they thoroughly checked her house - but there was the case of the murdered child in the family shed behind the house not that long ago ...
jMO

I would hope they thoroughly checked her house - but there was the case of the murdered child in the family shed behind the house not that long ago ...
jMO
This is different, because they knew for a fact that the house was a crime scene.

In that one, mistakes were clearly made. The difference is that they were looking for a missing child, and had no underlying crime that they were investigating.

They had a clear and brutal murder here, and I can’t imagine that they would have missed a body while combing the scene for evidence. That whole house would have been processed.

This is different, because they knew for a fact that the house was a crime scene.

In that one, mistakes were clearly made. The difference is that they were looking for a missing child, and had no underlying crime that they were investigating.

They had a clear and brutal murder here, and I can’t imagine that they would have missed a body while combing the scene for evidence. That whole house would have been processed.
With a very fine toothed comb.

Maybe he took clean clothing from the donation bin and put his own bloody clothing inside and ran?
I’m not sure that’s easy to do. There’s actually several documented instances of people dying after becoming stuck while trying to remove clothing.

I guess it could have been full, which would make it easier. I doubt it though. I think it was just a dump site. Surely the killer would have been able to find clean clothes inside the house.

I’m not sure that’s easy to do. There’s actually several documented instances of people dying after becoming stuck while trying to remove clothing.

I guess it could have been full, which would make it easier. I doubt it though. I think it was just a dump site. Surely the killer would have been able to find clean clothes inside the house.
Taking clothes from the bin occurred to me too. I've seen people leave clothing outside in bags if the bin was full, but I find this unlikely since there were TWO bins at this site.

I think it's more likely whoever commited the crime had clothing at Christine's or in their car.

Last edited:

ITA. The expectation that there would be clothing that fit and was accessible is too much of a stretch for me - whoever did it had clothes to change into assuming the bloody clothing was the killers - if it was the baby’s or Moms that changes things IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151