Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun would , God bless them,control two young girls and prevent loyal friends from leaving each other, even in extremis.

It is still extremely gutsy and reckless of him to try to do it with 2 girls. Brazen. yet he had the perfect setup as long as the two stayed together for the sake of the other one. What a total waste of a human being he is.

Deepest apologies to you, JnRyan! I regret having hit "reply" as I did (thereby linking yours) when I made that post. I apologize sincerely for doing so as I later saw it suggests that my post was in response to yours. I should have posted mine as a stand alone. I beg your forgiveness and thank you for your temperate reply. Feel a bit like I stepped on your toes here in my hurriedness. Love and appreciate your posts here, as I always have, Jn !!! :)
We're all good here.

It is still extremely gutsy and reckless of him to try to do it with 2 girls. Brazen. yet he had the perfect setup as long as the two stayed together for the sake of the other one. What a total waste of a human being he is.
I can't decide if this is something the killer did on the fly or was well-planned in advance. But you're right, this was extremely bold. I also tend to believe he was extremely lucky.

Last edited:
Early news reports stated that LE was taking DNA swabs while conducting interviews. I believe this was done just in case the test results came back with the killer's DNA and not because LE already knew they had DNA. Assuming LE got enough of a DNA profile from the crime scene I wonder if LE can do familial matches with the DNA swabs collected. I don't know the expense or time that would be involved in that action, though.

A planner, though. I always thought that BG had clinical OCD.

Agree - a planner.
MOO because I do think it was targeted I doubt the car at CPS or the sighting at FB are of the killer.
To me its likely that individual at FB is a witness or involved in some way.
The reason is: glaring at some girls on the way to nowhere to deal drugs seems a "normal" enough antisocial behavior.
But glaring at potential witnesses and calling unneeded attention to yourself on the way to a plan to do harm to someone seems too dumb to match the rest of the crime.

-Young like the 4/22 sketch
-Creepy
-Death humor
-OCD
-Intelligent
-Chewer at least at times
-Obsessive
-Likes speed challenges (literal games and impromptu battles, who can bale fastest etc. )
-Almost always wins games or constructed challenges
-Occasionally loses games, but a bad sport
-Always loses actual life challenges like dating the girl he wants, or other things wished for
-Drugs leading to personality change for the worse
-Small family (many of above traits in a real problem state only seen by one or at least very few)
-Few friends due to anxiety and all the above.
-Has a Glock or 1911 or access.
-Access to workman clothes with out purchasing.

I can't decide if this is something the killer did on the fly or was well-planned in advance. But you're right, this was extremely bold. I also tend to believe he was extremely lucky.

Since as you note, bold either way- that has to be a significant personality trait.
That is interesting. Some things are going to be present whether planned or not.

Whether targeted or impulsive:

MOO
Young
Low deep voiced
Bold
Fast
Efficient
Dispassionate
Woods capable
Practiced bridge at least once
Armed
Chewer
Access to workman clothes

Last edited:
Agree - a planner.
MOO because I do think it was targeted I doubt the car at CPS or the sighting at FB are of the killer.
The reason is: glaring at some girls on the way to nowhere to deal drugs seems a "normal" enough antisocial behavior.
But glaring at potential witnesses and calling unneeded attention to yourself on the way to a plan to do harm to someone seems too dumb to match the rest of the crime.

-Creepy
-Death humor
-OCD
-Intelligent
-Obsessive
-Likes speed challenges (literal games and impromptu battles, who can bale fastest etc. )
-Always loses actual life challenges like dating the girl he wants, or other things wished for
-Small family (many of above traits in a real problem state only seen by one or at least very few)
Interesting. But it could be any gun - Sig-Sauer, Walther (not very common), Kahr (also not common), Keltec and the list can go on. I assume you pick the Glock (G42 or 43) or 1911 due to the slim profile and easier to fit in the pants pocket. Walther's, Kahr's and some Smith&Wesson's (M&P Shield) and Sig's (P938) also have a slim profile.
But yes, I can see these as traits of the killer.

Agree - a planner.

-Creepy
-Death humor
-OCD
-Intelligent
-Obsessive
Oh, yes, ^^ this is pretty much all, I would think of!
A father with former or current bigger size would do it (without him knowing of course).

Interesting. But it could be any gun - Sig-Sauer, Walther (not very common), Kahr (also not common), Keltec and the list can go on. I assume you pick the Glock (G42 or 43) or 1911 due to the slim profile and easier to fit in the pants pocket. Walther's, Kahr's and some Smith&Wesson's (M&P Shield) and Sig's (P938) also have a slim profile.
But yes, I can see these as traits of the killer.

I think you agree he has a handgun showing through his jacket.
I chose those handguns due to their deep grip which I MOO see in the outline, also they are pretty popular.

How about BG is a substitute teacher? Had the day off, familiar with the area and possibly familiar and/or acquainted with both girls and middle school aged kids in general?
Hence the down the hill, guys comment? I teach and frequently use the term guys and also Bud, but mostly when speaking to a single male child. MOO

In thread #117, Tresir said this:
"Bringing this here from the media thread post 789 courtesy @bradfordsleuth.
(In case this has been buried in the thread I am bumping it up.)
You can fast forward to the three minute 20 second mark mark to bypass the commentary and listen. They found something (undisclosed) on the bridge the day that ISP went back to the crime scene area.
February 23, 2017
(Apologies but the video didn't come over - please go to media thread page 40 post 789 to view the video. Still having reply box problems)

The same day as this article was printed....."
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

And on Nov 25, Taximama said this in reply:
"My guess is they saw what appears to be BG turning his head quickly to spit in the video clip, and they went back to the bridge and swabbed that plank for DNA. If it didn't rain in those 10 days one would assume with great technology that would still be a viable sample."

ETA media thread: IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Thank you so much!!
I knew I had read or watched something about it but for the life of me I couldn’t find it.

This case is fascinating in so many ways but the details become more confusing as time passes. For me anyway. Is it likely LE actually went back and found something of evidentiary value on a plank of the bridge where BG spat? Or more likely something like footprints were lifted from there? I wonder.

I def realize the importance of LE keeping cards close to the vest but as we are nearing the 3 year mark ... IDK. Cannot believe that! I remember clearly seeing the image of BG for the very first time, I was at work that night, told a couple of my co-workers about it and remember staring at him thinking he just looked so mainstream, maybe in his mid-30's or so.)

I thought there would be an arrest by year's end in 2017. After the 4/22 presser I thought an arrest was imminent!! Now I don't know what to think with this radio silence these past 7 months.

When DC said "just getting started", I hope he meant starting from a place of promise with some decent evidence firmly in hand rather than starting from (how I hope not !!!) scratch.

As THIS year nears its end I wish that LE would release some more details that might jog some memories or get the locals talking. I have to trust they know what they're doing but it's worrisome not hearing a thing.

How about BG is a substitute teacher? Had the day off, familiar with the area and possibly familiar and/or acquainted with both girls and middle school aged kids in general?
Hence the down the hill, guys comment? I teach and frequently use the term guys and also Bud, but mostly when speaking to a single male child. MOO

Yes, IMO, I agree. I work in a middle school & I frequently address students this way. It is common for teachers of this age group. Whereas a teacher of younger students may say, "boys" or "girls."

Yes, IMO, I agree. I work in a middle school & I frequently address students this way. It is common for teachers of this age group. Whereas a teacher of younger students may say, "boys" or "girls."
Exactly! And we speak it without even knowing or giving it a second thought. It flows naturally as it seems to have in this situation too IMO

Idk, I guess I don’t see the significance of “guys”, I’ve worked with all age groups who say it as part of their daily lingo. So it never really made much sense (not bashing anyone). Maybe it was his voice that LE was trying to get us to recognize? If I heard his voice before I’d definitely recognize it again because IMO it’s different, it stands out. All speculation. I hope this is solved before February

I believe, he is as fast as possible re the act of murder and so are his pre plannings: unbelievable f-a-a-a-s-t and exact, to the point. MOO

The overall crime resembles an assassination, so it's easy to understand why so many theories have cropped up about motive. IMO this is a youthful approach to serial murder, carried out like a game in distinguishable steps with a clear "finish".

Lol.....been in the cleaning janitorial business all my life, why does everyone blame maids/cleaners. To be honest I learned more on this site than I ever knew about some types of cleaners. Moo

Laughed when I read this, because I agree. We all know a murderer could be anyone, in any profession. He's just as likely to be a college student.

I grasped for similar unfair comparisons and came up with truck drivers, but that one yielded Keith Jesperson (Happy Face Killer) and a slew of other monsters. So not a good one.

From Google:

Occupations that attract the most serial killers and psychopaths.
  • TOP 1-4: - Aircraft machinist/assembler (top skilled serial killer occupation) - Forestry worker/arborist (top for semi-skilled killers) ...
  • TOP 5-8: - Shoemaker/repair person (skilled) ...
  • TOP 9-12: - Automobile upholsterer (skilled)

My adult son has OCD. Diagnosed at age 15. There is no possible way to diagnose OCD from a still shot from a video enhanced in a myriad of ways, a two second video clip, and four words from an audio clip, which is really all we have.
It may end up that BG has OCD but it’s just as possible he suffers from one of hundreds and hundreds of other disorders, none of which, I believe are diagnosable from the limited information we have.
If the intent is to determine a disorder to whittle down the suspect pool, my opinion is that is that’s a good thought but impossible in this case. If the implication is that people with OCD are more prone toward violence and heinous crimes, my opinion is that you are wrong. Evil cuts across all economic classes, all genders, all social classes, all education levels, all disorders and health concerns. All everything.

I never thought about linking OCD and what he did. I am constantly drawn to his odd gait. On the other hand, I keep on asking myself, why is he not caught yet? Is he darn lucky? Is he smart? Is he a good planner? Or is it the LE’s bad luck? I lean towards BG being very smart plus, a planner. To me, it seems that he makes some intentional movement with his R foot when walking but the loop is too short to be 100% sure..

I took a look at the video of BG that is posted on the sheriff office facebook page. It is the only video they have posted. It seems different to me...particularly the head movement.

Also a cryptic (or I should say ominous?) note posted by somebody friended there.
The more I see the video the more it looks like he has many things hidden away in his pockets and jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member