***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
This day & age it is ridiculous they don’t have the transcripts of his testimony by now. Court reporter software is so advanced it is easy to have these in a few days. Sometimes even quicker. I don’t get it.

I saw several people ask/comment about what Teresa’s family wanted. I know early on (several years ago) they were not big proponents of the DP. At least that was the feedback I was given. They wanted him convicted & to never see the light of day outside of a prison. By now, I suspect that they are supporting the State in whatever way they can. Or, maybe their feelings have changed.

I honestly think they are immensely satisfied with the 1st Degree Murder conviction.
I think if I were a member of her family, I would rest in whatever the ultimate decision of the jury is. It’s understandable to have mixed feelings about the DP. No need to carry the weight of it personally when there are 12 people to do that for me. I would just tell myself that I’m going to accept their decision either way.

The court reporter probably needs to read CWW's testimony to the jury like they had to to in JRR's trial re Tay Sho's testimony , IMO

I don't understand why the court does that. Printed transcripts are less prone to misunderstandings hearing information verbally. It always drives me nuts to not have physical access to transcripts and being able to see the things or copies of what's been admitted into the evidence.

Or, at some point maybe even be able to view video of the trial. They were there in person, it could refresh their memories and feelings as they experienced the testimony intellectually and emotionally.

Is there any video of Teresa's mother's testimony today? I missed it

Here ya go:

Mark Sievers Penalty Phase - Victim Impact Statement - Mary Ann Groves - Victim's Mother
AGF-l7-VjFx5J2q9K254Ww4azRX0MX1J0LtMxX5RBQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Link:

I don't understand why the court does that. Printed transcripts are less prone to misunderstandings hearing information verbally. It always drives me nuts to not have physical access to transcripts and being able to see the things or copies of what's been admitted into the evidence.

Or, at some point maybe even be able to view video of the trial. They were there in person, it could refresh their memories and feelings as they experienced the testimony intellectually and emotionally.

Is there a process through which transcripts have to be reviewed and approved before they entered into the official record?

I think if I were a member of her family, I would rest in whatever the ultimate decision of the jury is. It’s understandable to have mixed feelings about the DP. No need to carry the weight of it personally when there are 12 people to do that for me. I would just tell myself that I’m going to accept their decision either way.
Exactly.

Plus, they have custody of the girls. I highly doubt they want to go back and tell those girls who have already lost their mother that their father has been sentenced to death. What a horrid dilemma. God bless those girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow