***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
the weird thing is---when I logged on, and began watching the livestream, they were polling the jurors but I didn't know yet what their verdict for sentencing was---AND THE CAMERA WAS ZOOMED IN ON MARK'S FACE---I tried to guess, from looking at his expression, if it was life or death sentence.

I assumed it was not DP because he seemed unconcerned, was almost smiling, as he listened to the jury poll. He did not look like someone who had been sentenced to the death penalty. Is he medicated?

Last edited:
the weird thing is---when I logged on, and began watching the livestream, they were pollen g the jurors but I didnt know yet what their verdict for sentencing was---AND THE CAMERA WS ZOOMED IN ON MARK'S FACE---I tried to guess, from looking at his expression, if it was life or death sentence.

I assumed it was not DP because he seemed unconcerned, was almost smiling, as he listened to the jury poll. He did not look like someone who had been sentenced to the death penalty. Is he medicated?
I remain in shock. After 4 yrs of following this case I would never have thought the state could get a DP verdict, especially after Jimmy's verdict. Not happy CWW got off easy but it was necessary to get a conviction for MS. Maybe an inmate w take care of CWW for us

I feel absolutely horrible for his daughters. The rest of his family have to know the magnitude of what he did but I can't help thinking that his daughters still hold hope that he is innocent, even after the verdict. Now they have to experience him possibly being put to death. IMO TS's family did not look happy about the death recommendation.

When the court was reading the decision...
I thought I saw MS mouthing: “ life without parole, life without parole” like he was mocking the process.
Anyone else catch that snarky move?

MOO
We need a lip reader stat. I would love to know what he was rattling on about when we were waiting for the jury to come out.

the weird thing is---when I logged on, and began watching the livestream, they were pollen g the jurors but I didnt know yet what their verdict for sentencing was---AND THE CAMERA WS ZOOMED IN ON MARK'S FACE---I tried to guess, from looking at his expression, if it was life or death sentence.

Oh wow, that's interesting. Mark showed genuine emotion when talking to Mr. Mummert before the verdict (and after) because MM was emotional.

He prepares for his new role as a tough prisoner.

My goodness. I can’t bring myself to celebrate putting anyone to death, but I pray for these families.
Exactly.

People need to tone down the celebration in here. Seriously people.

It’s fine to express that you’re pleased with the jury’s verdict but those two daughters are about to lose another parent. FOREVER.

MAG had more emotion than any of the Sievers side at the death verdict. I just am shocked at not even a tear on that side until a bit later from stepsister. Just strange. Jury followed Law and not emotion.. they listened, they were obviously a very intelligent jury, did their work and followed directions. I'm still surprised. I think maybe focusing so much on the kids worked opposite what defense wanted. he TOOK their mother from them.

i still can't believe a FLORIDA jury gave death when he didn't actually COMMIT Directly.

I guess I thought it might be the DP when it was taking so long. Tonight, my thoughts are with Teresa's children and family. I do absolutely feel for the family of MS-- it is hard to love a criminal who has done really disgusting things to another human being. I do hope that his family can come to grips with the fact that he is guilty and find it in themselves to accept his guilt while still trying to love him.

I wonder if the judge will change the penalty in the Spencer hearing. For those who are attorneys and familiar with this process, would it be common for a judge to negate the jury's work? Could this jury have been so off base that a judge would feel compelled to change their wishes? I am curious. I think I will hate the waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member