***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a pool party with his friends around the time ppl were coming to see him after the murder. That is all in the discovery. He certainly wasn't mourning! JMO
Good point. I had forgotten about that. And his probable day at the beach with another woman while family and friends were down for the funeral.

the weird thing is---when I logged on, and began watching the livestream, they were polling the jurors but I didn't know yet what their verdict for sentencing was---AND THE CAMERA WAS ZOOMED IN ON MARK'S FACE---I tried to guess, from looking at his expression, if it was life or death sentence.

I assumed it was not DP because he seemed unconcerned, was almost smiling, as he listened to the jury poll. He did not look like someone who had been sentenced to the death penalty. Is he medicated?
I think he wanted the DP. He doesn’t want to live if it means the rest of his life in prison. His entire world collapsed the day he was convicted. Nothing else mattered.

He got what he deserved!! Justice was served. I could tell that her mother wanted death by her one action when they read the verdict and one count was life, she cringed. I hope I'm right, because what I wanted may be way different than what family wanted. The jury chose death and rightfully so. MS gave too many people the emotional death sentence!!

I just re-watched it and I think you are right. Her mom wanted the DP

I'm betting CWW is pretty darn happy he took the deal he did. And JRR might not want a new trial after this.

I can only hope that if CWW killed Mr. Bolin in MO that LEO in that state work hard to get more evidence so they can try him so he also never sees the outside of prison as a free man.

The sense of being above the law for all three of these men has been decimated tonight. I am grateful for that.

If it wasn't for JS and CS I may feel a bit better about the death recommendation. I am absolutely ok with the death penalty in general, but because of these two girls I feel a bit icky about it here. Don't get me wrong, I feel the jury did an excellent job, but I just can't celebrate. I'm sad for those girls.

Those 2 girl’s father killed their mother.
That’s a life long head trip.
I’m thankful the girls have each other.

I can only hope that if CWW killed Mr. Bolin in MO that LEO in that state work hard to get more evidence so they can try him so he also never sees the outside of prison as a free man.

The sense of being above the law for all three of these men has been decimated tonight. I am grateful for that.

My hope has been that MS will give CWW up on the RB case as payback for giving MS up. Fingers stilled crossed.

I think he wanted the DP. He doesn’t want to live if it means the rest of his life in prison. His entire world collapsed the day he was convicted. Nothing else mattered.

I tend to agree with you but from a slightly different vantage point. On Death Row, he does not have to live in gen pop. He continues to be special and will have attention from all kinds of advocacy groups. IMHO, he will more than likely die before he is put to death. He will taint every holiday experience for his mother, her partner and his step-mother until they die because they will always want to be there for him, especially since he will be in a restrictive DR environment.

That's the part I don't like or think is fair. That jury was put in place for all that time to make decisions . I hope Judge Kyle respects their judgement.

I understand and empathize with your perspective and I feel the judge will be very fair and give the jury's decision all due respect (based on his courtroom behavior).

Given the incredibly weighty decision that is a death penalty, I think it is good to have a judicial review. An extra layer to the process, given that mistakes have been made where innocent people have been put to death. Not that I in any way think MS is innocent, but for the benefit of those that are.

I am surprised on several levels.

one....The girls did not write any letter. The ages would be about 12 and 15 now. If any wrote a letter, it would be the older girl. I can only guess what they know, feel and why no letter. That is their privacy but to me it says a lot.

two...this was a DP case. I never thought he would get it. I thought he would get LWOP

three...we only saw some of MS on video, but what we saw was a guy laughing, smirking, face antics and lack of sorrow plus constantly writing. What did the jury see? I am sure that played a part in decision making. Facts played a tremendous part.

four...some of his, audible to us remarks, like telling the Judge he wants to go home...a funny it was not. Strange behavior.

The felon thought he was walking free...he really did. Then he thought he got LWOP...he really did not.

I feel the Judge will abide by the jurors decision. It will be interesting to see if MS talks or rambles. Will he make any sense?

Justice was served with facts by a brave jury following instructions. There with two broken families and friends, 2 sad beautiful girls who lost both parents. The felon only cares for himself.

I am in the minority in re to the DP decision today but kids are resilient if they have a good support system and the daughters have had a healthy environment for the last few years with ppl looking out for them. Soon enough they will process the dysfunction and grow from it. JMO

I can imagine that the jury was able to easily disregard what his family said about him, 'still is kind', 'hero-dad'...etc (not that that mitigates planning murder in cold blood anyway) because his family were in effect telling the jury they'd got it wrong. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth